Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

FAO anybody who has had pins in their body (the removable kind)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not the pins that are forever in you, but the kind that stick out of your skin then they remove. To help set the bone I think its for. Anyways, I cant get that area wet because of the bandages and the pins. However I was wondering, once the pins are removed, can I immedeatly immerse that area in water? Or because there will be an open area where that was will I have to wait a day or so.
I know, the smart ass answer would be asker the Dr. but I am not seeing him till Wednesday (which is when they are removing them) and I want to know now. Just out of curiousity.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My mates not long had them pins out of her wrist and looking at the size of the scars id imagine there would be and open wound once theyre removed, in which case use waterproof dressings and avoid immersing it into water for any length of time.
    No offense, but what your friend have sounds nothing like what I was talking about. Its just a pin, just a little less than 1/8 inch that goes directly into the skin. A piercing is more likely to leave a scar. It definatly won't even need a bandaid. I was just curious as there still may be a tiny hole where they were. But an open wound? Not a chance.
    I think my mother has just had the same kind removed from her foot - she washed it as soon as she could and it was fine. Bloody relief it was for her too after six weeks...
    Cazzoo wrote:
    I think my mother has just had the same kind removed from her foot - she washed it as soon as she could and it was fine. Bloody relief it was for her too after six weeks...

Oh wow. I'm at 13 days right now and I can't stand it. My feet stink :p I couldn't imagine 6 weeks, your poor mother!

I bought bubble bath just for the occasion ;)
    Thought this was going to be a self-harm type thread :chin:

I have nothing useful to contribute but :wave: my_name!
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Thought this was going to be a self-harm type thread :chin:

I have nothing useful to contribute but :wave: my_name!

:wave:

Oh I get them out today!!!! Normal shoes, normal walking, a bath (hopefully) :heart: