Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fave aftershave/perfume?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I brought some Givenchy Very Irresistible for men and have to say it's the best aftershave I've ever smelt apart from Issey Miyake, whats yours?

Comments

• Options
    pure poison by dior. even gay men find it irresistible.
  • Options
    Emporio Armani White for gals, and Burberry Touch for blokes. Orrrr...La Coste for men. Yum.
  • Options
    After my parents bought it for me, I like Inis.

Though mostly I go au naturale. My soap and shampoo smells good enough and I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer to smell clean than having marinated in perfume.

I prefer a man to smell just showered too rather than a cologne or aftershave.

Nothing beats the scent of clean.
  • Options
    I brought some Givenchy Very Irresistible for men

I've never smelt the male one but the female version is my favourite, it's yummy and i've always liked la belles de ricci by nina ricci but can never find that hardly anywhere anymore.
  • Options
    d&g light blue, ralph (i think its called!) by ralph lauren and emporio armani 'she'. :yum:
  • Options
    On lads, I LOVE Issey Miyake for Men, Hugo Boss for Men - just fit. My favourites to wear are Hugo Boss Deep Red, and Ralph Lauren Cool.
  • Options
    Any of Anna Sui's perfumes for me, I think they're absolutely divine. Especially Ooh La Love :love:. Also like Chopard's Wish.

I generally like my men (man :lol: ) to smell naturally fresh and all that, but he wears Arpege pour Homme by Lanvin and it's heavenly. That said, there's always the Lynx effect :naughty:;)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't use any of those cologne things for an aftershave. Just a simple cream-like sort of thing to ease the skin irritation, nivea balsam.
  • Options
    Thierry Mugler, Angel is yummy.
    I also like Ralph Lauren Cool.
  • Options
    On a bloke my favourite aftershave is one by Paul smith, i think its the original one, its squared shaped and has stripes on 1 side of the bottle... its gorgeous :love:

For myself, i have 2 favourites:
    Chanel - Chance, Caroline Herrera - 212 Sexy :yum: :flirt:
  • Options
    ralph/tommy girl/body shop tobacco flower and o2 by impulse if im short of cash
  • Options
    Chanel Allure Sport does the business for me - female colleagues always comment on how nice it is :)
  • Options
    Dior Addict, Angel and Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile for me.

Higher Energy by Dior, Issey Miyake and Jean Paul Gaultier for the fella.

I bought Britneys perfume Curious for my best friend for Christmas, I sprayed it and thought ewwww, half an hour later it smelt lovely though, odd.
  • Options
    For me : Carolina Herrera : 212 sexy , V. Irrisistable (Givenchy), Hugo Boss Intense, Ralph Lauren Style, Chanel Chance, Elizabeth Arden Provacative Woman, YSL Cinema, Lancome Hypnose.

For blokeys: Chanel Allure Sport, Emporium Aramani He, Polo Blue (Ralph Lauren) Jean Paul Gaultier, Beckham's Instinct isn't too bad, CK Be, Burberry Touch for men, Aramis Life...

I work on fragrances and cosmetics - hence my love of so many!
  • Options
    I've never actually used aftershave. Maybe i should buy some so i have a nice scent. ;)
  • Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    Chanel Antaeus, Boss In Motion or Boss Bottled.
  • Options
    Charlie Red for me :) not sure if you guys get the Charlie brand in the UK though.

My best mate used to be Calvin Klein Truth (men) which was real woody smelling but soooooooo nice. Now he wears Hugo Boss Energise and that's just as great. I could smell him all day and not get sick of it. I love a guy that smells real nice.
  • Options
    Very Irrestible by Givenchy mmmmm
    Although it is so expensive!
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    i've always liked la belles de ricci by nina ricci but can never find that hardly anywhere anymore.
    try debenhams, its in the sale :)

i love jpg for men, my best mate is gettin very scared that i fancy him, he got some for xmas and i cant stop sniffing him
  • Options
    I prefer Hugo Boss Energise or Armarni Black Code

David Beckhams Instinct does have a nice smell though
  • Options
    Charlie Red for me :) not sure if you guys get the Charlie brand in the UK though.

Yup we do! *waves her bottle of Charlie Red that she got for Xmas* I love that :) cheaper than the others too. But my other favourite perfume has to be Versace Red Jeans or Diesel Plus Plus :)

For the boyfriend.... hmm, I bought himsome Joop! for christmas and thats nice.... but I like it when he wears Versace Blue Jeans, or the Diesel Plus.... He's just got the (male) Diesel plus Plus as well and thats nice...
  • Options
    DKNY women and men are both gorgeous, FCUK Body, Charlie (the original), ralph lauren - cool and very irresistable - givenchy!
  • Options
    have to be 'amor amor' for me :) ooooh i love that perfume!! gots a big bottle off it from my mum this christmas :) ought to last me... oooh.. at least 3 months or so!! i go through perfume veery quickly!
  • Options
    Amor Amor or Ghost Deep Night for me, and sometimes CK Truth.

I like on men: Armani Black Code or Dior Higher Energy.

There are lots I like though, I just can't remember them all right now.
  • Options
    My 2 main scents are Agent Provocateur parfum, and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle parfum.
    I also have Hugo Deep Red and Emporio Armani She as kinda every day scents.

On men, I love Armani Mania. :heart:

Ilora x
  • Options
    paul smith floral.

despite the shit name, this is absolutely the nicest thing i've ever smelt. i went christmas shopping with my cousins and we sniffed absolutely everything in house of fraser to find presents. i had some of this on my wrist, and not only could i not stop smelling myself, my cousin kept asking if she could have a sniff too. happily the chrismas fairies agreed with me :)

i also have half empty boss woman and diesel zero plus which are equally fab for a bit of variation.

on men, anything by hugo boss is nice as long as it is really subtle. scented men upset me a bit. i like my men to smell of a pleasant mixture of deodorant, shampoo and manliness.
  • Options
    Anna Sui - Sui Dreams :heart:

good taste :thumb:
  • Options
    I like hypnotic poisen Dior, Gloria by Cacherel and Cool Water for men on a woman.