Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New 9/11 video worth watching

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    No other attacks were on the same scale as 9/11... they were TOLD it was going to happen, yet they sat back... probably even done stuff to help the terrorists along. Even jazzed it up, with more stuff, that wouldn't otherwise have happened.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there is a difference between piss poor management and deliberatly setting up a terrorits attack, which was what was being suggested.

No doubt the americans dropped the ball like they have so many times before and since but I have still not seen any evidence foe american invlovement in 9/11 with the exception of that it was the yanks that traine dup osama bin laden and no doubt a few of hi speople, back in the day to fight russia when they invaded afghanistan. So I guess america could potentially be blamed for giving bin laden his weapins and fighting knowledge, maybe even some weapons but thats as far as I'd go.
  • Options
    I don't think America blew the WTC's up, however I do think they were deliberately bring slack in the allowance of planes to fly not only into the financial headquarters of the world but also the headquarters of the greatest military in the world (that's if a passanger plane even flew into it) and also were deliberately slack in the follow up investigation (no public investigation)

No one's saying there aren't terrorists in the world, of course there are, it's just America had so much to gain from 9/11 i.e. geo political positiioning in the Middle East, Oil, and very little to lose from it i.e.3,000 lives of complete strangers.
  • Options
    Funny you should say that, ha ha ha

Kermit wrote:
    walkindude, do you have a victim fetish or something?

Every thread you come on seemingly turns into you whingeing about "everyuone hates me" and "everyone insults me". Where has it come from? It's not just in P&D either, mate, look at how you were the only one bleating about my thread in relationships (interestingly, even the mods said it was a good thread).

It's not about you, it's ntohing personal, and if you can't debate without crying like a toddler, then please don't bother.

That a government would kill 3000 people for economic and political gain is no more ludicrous a suggestion than the suggestion Osama would kill 3000 people for economic and political gain.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    That a government would kill 3000 people for economic and political gain is no more ludicrous a suggestion than the suggestion Osama would kill 3000 people for economic and political gain.

That a democratic government would attack it's own people (at the risk of being caught out) for economic and political gain is so much more ludicrous as to be gross stupidity.

There might have been a government conspircay involved in 9/11, but it would have to have been far cleverer than the paltry offerings on this thread because the official story is backed up by far too much evidence and the "conspiracy" theories are "backed up" by hearsay, skewing of the facts and downright lies.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I don't think America blew the WTC's up, however I do think they were deliberately bring slack in the allowance of planes to fly not only into the financial headquarters of the world but also the headquarters of the greatest military in the world (that's if a passanger plane even flew into it) and also were deliberately slack in the follow up investigation (no public investigation)

If America had its act together and shot down the planes, they'd be taking as much, if not more, flak for that - everyone would be saying "you don't know that the hijackers would have crashed themselves into those buildings".
  • Options
    so the allied nations who desingned a built a bomb for use in a World War were not supposed to use it were they???

Japan was powerful in the east, they were doing major damage and were just as brtual and twsited as the nazi's in europe. The Pow camps there were just as bad, if not worse then Auschwitz and alike.

The bomb shortened the war in the region and saved a longer drawn out conflict. It had a use and it worked. And now atomic enegry is seen as the future of energy for quite a few years to come.

All the allies agreed to its use. The UK were the designers of the bomb an dhave the design to the USA to build. They built it an dused it. Singling ou tthe yanks for using it in a World War shows nothing, other then the fatc it was a world war that need to be won and ended.

Why not have a go the french who let off several of thing in the Pacific for no reason and had no backing from anyone.

I tell you at least one thing that was proved in 9/11. 2 planes flew into those 2 towers and thats a fact. 3000 people lost their lives overall. Lets not cheapen that with Bush bashing and conspiracy talk.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Why not have a go the french who let off several of thing in the Pacific for no reason and had no backing from anyone.

I tell you at least one thing that was proved in 9/11. 2 planes flew into those 2 towers and thats a fact. 3000 people lost their lives overall. Lets not cheapen that with Bush bashing and conspiracy talk.

Thing is, there's not many people in the Pacific Ocean, there are in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Oh and tens of thousands of civillians have died in Iraq because of the occupation, but lets not cheapen Bush, lets support him actually!
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    The bomb shortened the war in the region and saved a longer drawn out conflict. It had a use and it worked.
    The end does not always justify the means. There are some lines we should simply not cross. I draw it at dropping nuclear weapons on cities and vaporising hundreds of thousands of innocent civilian lives in one stroke.

Dropping nukes on civilians would shorten most wars. Do you think that makes it alright?
    Because they are not the only nation in the history of mankind to use nuclear weapons in anger killing hundreds of thousands in the process?
  • Options
    WE ARE NOT ARGUING ABOUT THE FUCKING PACIFIC AGAIN?!!!

Arg... It happened, lets get over it and get back onto 9/11. Which is the Issue :p There is a topic about the Pacific already folks.
  • Options
    I don't know what to believe, but what I do know is this.

Nothing has been proven or disproven AT ALL, including goverment conspiracy or real terrorist attack.

Well...true...you can't prove that you exist, but there comes a point at which it's helpful to start taking a few things as "fact".. We saw 2 planes crash into the WTC (on film at least), the buildings are definitely gone (go and see for yourself), there were plenty of witnesses - so the likelihood is that it happened for starters.

There is all sorts of evidence backing up the official line (well there *would be, wouldn't there). There's very little backing up the conspiracy (just watch as everyone becomes a structural engineer before our eyes) beyond comments like "well you can't trust governments" despite the fact that various affiliated Isalmic terrorist groups have much better reasons to commit the act
    I'd like to remind you that a nation that used 2 nuclear bombs on another nation is capable of anything. They didn't even need to do it.

...Or to put that another way - a country that wasn't willing to waste the lives of its own citizens in a costly invasion of Japan probably holds those citizens in a higher regard than they're being given credit for (they would certainly have lost more than the 120,000 killed in the initial blasts). The statement "they didn't even need to do it" is either completely false or only true in retrospect.
  • Options
    Well...true...you can't prove that you exist, but there comes a point at which it's helpful to start taking a few things as "fact".. We saw 2 planes crash into the WTC (on film at least), the buildings are definitely gone (go and see for yourself), there were plenty of witnesses - so the likelihood is that it happened for starters.

There is all sorts of evidence backing up the official line (well there *would be, wouldn't there). There's very little backing up the conspiracy (just watch as everyone becomes a structural engineer before our eyes) beyond comments like "well you can't trust governments" despite the fact that various affiliated Isalmic terrorist groups have much better reasons to commit the act

Erm... there are all sorts of discrepancies with the government line. There is also quite a bit of evidence for the conspiricist line. And let's face it, plenty of conspiracies with little evidence have been true. Because the evidence we are given, is tampered with to fit hte government line.
    ...Or to put that another way - a country that wasn't willing to waste the lives of its own citizens in a costly invasion of Japan probably holds those citizens in a higher regard than they're being given credit for (they would certainly have lost more than the 120,000 killed in the initial blasts). The statement "they didn't even need to do it" is either completely false or only true in retrospect.

Erm, initial blasts aren't the only part. The Japanese were considering surrender anyway. They would have had Russian backup as well, from the other side.

It would have been difficult yes. But let's not forget those killed were mostly civilians. The statement is true. But sadly it wasn't the chosen action. Let's get over it and learn from this mistake never to use nukes again. Ever. Japan was only good in one sense: It showed to world that the Nuclear Weapon is a thing that should not be used again. Without it, I have no doubt the Cold War would have had a far nastier end. And if we lived long enough for Vietnam, that would have got nuked. It very nearly was nuked... very nearly, closer that most of us realise. :shocking:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Erm... there are all sorts of discrepancies with the government line.

F'rinstance?
    There is also quite a bit of evidence for the conspiricist line.

There really isn't. There's quite a lot of made up stuff, some twisting of real facts and some total misinterpretation. William of Ockham is rolling in his grave.
    And let's face it, plenty of conspiracies with little evidence have been true. Because the evidence we are given, is tampered with to fit hte government line.

Again, I'll need examples to discuss this.
    Erm, initial blasts aren't the only part. The Japanese were considering surrender anyway.

Nope. About another 250,000 were killed by after-effects. That's horrific, but 1) it's hard to believe anyone could get an accurate estimate on that happening before the bombs (hence I'm wary of throwing it into a figure of how many the US thought would die; 2) that's still fewer than would have died in an invasion; 3) that's still fewer than died in some of the conventional bombing campaigns in Europe.
    They would have had Russian backup as well, from the other side.

Nice. We could have had East and West Tokyo too...
    It would have been difficult yes. But let's not forget those killed were mostly civilians.

Most of those who would have been killed were conscripts - that's really just a name for civilians who've been forced to wear a uniform.
  • Options
    I came across this website by accident, some interesting stuff on there though on 9/11

http://thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/nwo.htm

I think the most suspious stuff has to do with the plane that was supposed to have crashd into the Pentagon Building
  • Options
    I think the most suspious stuff has to do with the plane that was supposed to have crashd into the Pentagon Building

Even the most ardent conspiracy theorists have abandoned the "no plane in the pentagon" theory.

You can't see the plane in the security pic because it's already gone into the building and practically disintegrated. There are plenty of pics which show bits of debris. The hole in the side of the Pentagon doesn't resemble the shape of a plane because this isn't a cartoon. A couple of hundred people on the nearby freeway saw the plane crash into the Pentagon. The emergency workers on the scene saw the plane wreckage. The plane that this is stated as being never arrived at its destination. Nor did its crew or passengers.
  • Options
  • Options
    Lol! The funny thing is, the first video shows exactly why the WTC's weren't controlled explosions from the bottom - you actually see the top few floors collapsing and concertinaing the floors below. They've cut off the floors below in one shot but you can see them in another.
  • Options
    Lol! The funny thing is, the first video shows exactly why the WTC's weren't controlled explosions from the bottom - you actually see the top few floors collapsing and concertinaing the floors below. They've cut off the floors below in one shot but you can see them in another.

The in Plane site video's of which one is an hour long asks some interesting questions like what is it that appears to be a pod attached to the bottom of the 2nd plane, and live witnesses at the time were saying things like the plane had no windows, etc.

Also the only video released of the pentagon being hit showed like 5 frames and none of them showed a plane in any of them, only a fireball. And why the hole was so small.

The trouble these days is video cameras provide really poor images of distance objects and can't be easily enlarged like with old film cameras.

The way tower 7 came down seems strange to me.

everything about all these things just seems too perfect.
  • Options
    The in Plane site video's of which one is an hour long asks some interesting questions like what is it that appears to be a pod attached to the bottom of the 2nd plane

That would be the right fairing - it's where the undercarriage is stored.
    and live witnesses at the time were saying things like the plane had no windows, etc.

And yet there's any amount of film you can watch where you can see the windows. It was broadcast around the world at the time. What would be the point in having a dummy plane with no windows anyway?
    Also the only video released of the pentagon being hit showed like 5 frames and none of them showed a plane in any of them, only a fireball. And why the hole was so small.

The plane came in almost sideways, sheared off one wing on the ground (half-full of fuel) and exploded. The other wing appears to have sheared off on contact with the reinforced concrete of the Pentagon and thus we have only the fuselage making a hole in the building itself.
    The way tower 7 came down seems strange to me.

But not to the structural engineers who looked at it. The WTC7 had sustained so much damage to its load-bearing capability that all of its weight was being supported at the bottom of the outer walls.

everything about all these things just seems too perfect.[/QUOTE]
  • Options

sheared off one wing on the ground (half-full of fuel) and exploded. The other wing appears to have sheared off on contact with the reinforced concrete of the Pentagon and thus we have only the fuselage making a hole in the building itself.

[/QUOTE]
    and all without disturbing the lawn?

how reinforced is the pentagon?

especialy the bit the plane hit ...the bit that had been covered in tarps and scaffold for months ...

who needs special missiles when any cheap old plane can drill a perfect hole through one of the most reinforced buildings in the world.
  • Options
    and all without disturbing the lawn?

That's special anti-aircraft grass!! :D

Like the video said, the Pentagon is supposed to be one of the highest security buildings in the world and they couldn't produce more then a single camera that covered the area that was hit and even then no plane at all shown in the frames... :chin:

And even the single camera they did have shouwed the wrong date on it..

At the very least I'd expect at least 2 more cameras to have covered the area.

Even London underground has cameras covered all the various angles by two cameras. And they say if you go into London you'll have your face capuured on over 300 cameras.

I reckon the opening episode of LOST shows a truer example of what a plane crash would look like and even that costed about $4 million to stage for the screen.
  • Options
    the pentagon was and is one of th emost structrually protected buildings in the world, in fact the majority of the building is underground. There is enough room in there for al ites employess and their families to live in just on space alone as well as faciliites. It goes down several miles beneath the ground and the walls on the outside are multipole, steel enforved, multi reineforced.

It would take a nuke to demolish that place.
  • Options
    demolish it completely, but im sure the bits on the outside in their individual segments are quite flimsy and fragile
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    the walls on the outside are multipole, steel enforved, multi reineforced.

It would take a nuke to demolish that place.
    funny how a lump of aluminium and cardboard ...a nose cone cockpit ...can drill right through it aye?
  • Options
    who needs special missiles when any cheap old plane can drill a perfect hole through one of the most reinforced buildings in the world.[/QUOTE]

Bit disingenuous isn't it? This wasn't "any cheap old plane", it was a 757 with half full fuel tanks doing about 500mph. There isn't a missile in the world (short of putting a nuclear warhead on) with that kind of power.
  • Options
    Like the video said, the Pentagon is supposed to be one of the highest security buildings in the world and they couldn't produce more then a single camera that covered the area that was hit and even then no plane at all shown in the frames... :chin:

Following the biggest security breach in Pentagon history, I'm not sure it would be a great idea to give out the location of its other security apparatus. Either way, it's not that there isn't any film, it's that the Pentagon confiscated all security camera films - including that of a nearby hotel (whose staff watched the film and confirmed that it was a passenger jet before it was confiscated) - and hasn't deigned to show them yet.

Regardless, hundreds of independent witnesses SAW the plane hit.
    I reckon the opening episode of LOST shows a truer example of what a plane crash would look like and even that costed about $4 million to stage for the screen.

Therein lies the main problem. Supposition dressed up as fact.
  • Options
    who needs special missiles when any cheap old plane can drill a perfect hole through one of the most reinforced buildings in the world.

Bit disingenuous isn't it? This wasn't "any cheap old plane", it was a 757 with half full fuel tanks doing about 500mph. There isn't a missile in the world (short of putting a nuclear warhead on) with that kind of power.[/QUOTE]rubbish!
    a flimsy bit of tim can ...very flimsy ...does not drill holes through reinforced bunkers!

the fuel?
    that was way behind the nose cone.

There isn't a missile in the world (short of putting a nuclear warhead on) with that kind of power. rubbish!
  • Options
    Bit disingenuous isn't it? This wasn't "any cheap old plane", it was a 757 with half full fuel tanks doing about 500mph. There isn't a missile in the world (short of putting a nuclear warhead on) with that kind of power.
    rubbish!
    a flimsy bit of tim can ...very flimsy ...does not drill holes through reinforced bunkers!

the fuel?
    that was way behind the nose cone.

There isn't a missile in the world (short of putting a nuclear warhead on) with that kind of power. rubbish![/QUOTE]

I'm at a bit of a loss for words to be honest. A 757 is built to lift an enormous weight, to travel at over Mach 0.5 and to stand up to some pretty dreadful weather. If you think it's a flimsy tin can, I can only assume you never travel in them...

And possibly have never seen one...
  • Options
    The only thing that baffles me is how a pilot with next to no experience managed to aim it directly into the building.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    The only thing that baffles me is how a pilot with next to no experience managed to aim it directly into the building.

Steering a plane is easy. Negotiating the altitude as well, a lot more difficult. But then, they weren't trying to do a textbook manoeuver - they were attempting to crash. There's nothing easier. You couldn't miss the Pentagon. The Twin Towers were way more impressive.