Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

US Mosques checked for radiation

2»

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Spliffie wrote:
    I haven't noticed the media promoting the "all muslims are blah blah blah" line.

In fact, much of the media denied a serious problem with extremism within the British Islamic population right up to London attacks.

Take a look at the Daily Mail oneday. (My parents buy this rag... ugh). Some of their scaremongering is worrying.
    Spliffie wrote:
    I've talked to muslims about this, some lapsed, others zealots, and they all hold a similar anti-Western stance. Those sort of views - or, at the least, sympathy towards those sort of views, i'd say were fairly standard amongst the islamic community - the "fanatics" merely act upon their conviction whilst others remain placid...armchair critics if you like.

I've found that whilst alot of them don't like the west for some reason or other (Usually imoorality amoungst us.), they aren't exactally Anti-West. Many of them like the freedoms and stuff. Alot of them DO want change, but don't think that blowing yerself up is the way to go about it - it acheives little and generally just makes people hate muslims as a whole.
    And as you say - most of them, like most people in the world - will sit and bitch, but not do a thing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Take a look at the Daily Mail oneday. (My parents buy this rag... ugh). Some of their scaremongering is worrying.

Aye, mine too :rolleyes:

I sometimes wipe my arse with it for amusement.
    I think you'll find that you are ..............WRONG

And I think yo uneed to learn to differentiate between criminal organisations and terrorist groups.
    And I think yo uneed to learn to differentiate between criminal organisations and terrorist groups.

id like to hear the difference?
    Spliffie wrote:
    Aye, mine too :rolleyes:

I sometimes wipe my arse with it for amusement.
    :lol: That really did make me laugh.
    But there is an Islamist plot to overthrow Western civilization and Western governments have a responsibility to the general pubblic to see that it doesnt succeed.
    Isn't there also a Christian fundamentalist plot to overthrow any regime that doesn't conform to the right-wing neocon agenda of the United States government?

And don't the victims and would-be victims have a responsibility to their citizens to see that the enemy's plans don't succeed?

See how easy it is to change the tune and make us the baddies in the eyes of much of the world?

That's why such rethoric is both wrong and dangerous.
    Isn't there also a Christian fundamentalist plot to overthrow any regime that doesn't conform to the right-wing neocon agenda of the United States government?

No, there isn't.
    Hundreds of millions of people (if not billions of them) around the world would beg to differ.

And their arguments and claims are every bit as vaild as yours.
    No they aren't.

An uneducated peasent in Zaire knows jack shit.

Your retoric is every bit as bellicose and angry as the hardest of the hard core neo conservatives.
    I think peasants in Zaire know that the West is shitting on them.
    No they aren't.

An uneducated peasent in Zaire knows jack shit.
    And an uneducated Republican supporter who votes for Bush time after time and believes all the fairy tales about WMDs in Iraq and terrorist links with Al Qaida knows how much more, exactly?

LOL!
    Blagsta wrote:
    I think peasants in Zaire know that the West is shitting on them.

Well, that is true at least. Shame there isn't anything they could do about it.