Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

faverin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A mate of mine did some MDMA the other nite, and it had no effect on her what so ever. Then a couple nites after that she did a few beans, where as everyone else got fucked, she didnt. she on med called faverin n think that mite be causing the lack of fuckedness. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    A mate of mine did some MDMA the other nite, and it had no effect on her what so ever. Then a couple nites after that she did a few beans, where as everyone else got fucked, she didnt. she on med called faverin n think that mite be causing the lack of fuckedness. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Soon as the medication is finished try again.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Soon as the medication is finished try again.

Its an SSRI so it may never be finished.

I'm no drug expert but I"m quite sure SSRI's and alot of drugs don't mix well. From experience I found out that shrooms and MDMA has absoutly no effect on me. After reading I found out itwas more than likely the result of being on an SSRI.

There is a thread here with a link to some information on the subject here
    my_name wrote:
    Its an SSRI so it may never be finished.

I'm no drug expert but I"m quite sure SSRI's and alot of drugs don't mix well. From experience I found out that shrooms and MDMA has absoutly no effect on me. After reading I found out itwas more than likely the result of being on an SSRI.

Oh right. That would make sense then.

Doing E if you're on anti-depressants isn't exactly idea of a century anyway.
    SSRI's stop MDMA working.
    yep, its interesting.

SSRI's are Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

MDMA enters the serotonin(5-HT) neuron by means of the serotonin reuptake transporter. By inhibiting or blocking the serotonin(5-HT) reuptake, MDMA is pretty much blocked also.
    i see. any idea of how long it would take after stopping taking the medication for its anti-mdma affects to ware off? tried for 1 day but did not work.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    i see. any idea of how long it would take after stopping taking the medication for its anti-mdma affects to ware off? tried for 1 day but did not work.

Like any SSRI, it doesn't wear off immedeatly. Most last in your system about up to a week.

I must say though, in the nicest possible way, you both should be beaten until even an iota of sense gets into you. Quitting an anti depressant so you can get high? Thats the worst excuse I'v heard. Your friend is on it for a reason. I cannot even begin to describe my discust with what you just said.
    that is true. But i think the high of MDMA is a worth while experience, even if its just the once.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    that is true. But i think the high of MDMA is a worth while experience, even if its just the once.

So your friend goes off her meds for a week, trust me, there will be side effects, she gets high, then she goes back on. Takes about a week to get the full effect of the meds again. So you believe that suffering, untreated, with whatever she may for half a month is worth it?
    Im sure she is perfectly capable of making her own decision, especially since she understands her circumstances the best.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Im sure she is perfectly capable of making her own decision, especially since she understands her circumstances the best.

And I guess we can only hope shes not an idiot. Shame though she has friends who promote stupid unhealthy options.
    thats total discrimination.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    thats total discrimination.

I'm simply stating my thoughts. I'm on SSRI's and I've done and tried my share of drugs. I had the same unworking experience as she did. However, I was not going to risk my mental health by immedeatly stopping my meds.

The thing is, not only is it unwise to stop on your own, even for 2 weeks, its unhealthy. Your body is used to so much of that certian drug, the thing that helps you function. If you are going to stop, do it gradually. Stopping immedeatly causes unneeded mental stress.

It is physically unhealthy to just up and stop.

I honestly do not care what her decision is. But the absolute least she can do is go off it slowly. Maybe she won't be able to take some until 1 1/2 months down the line, but its much safer on her physical and mental being to not full up stop right away.

You should not suddenly stop taking this medicine, as this can cause withdrawal symptoms such as dizziness, sleep disturbances (including intense dreams), nausea, headache, a feeling of weakness, pins and needles and anxiety. Withdrawal symptoms are temporary and are not due to addiction or dependence on the medicine. They can usually be avoided by stopping the medicine gradually, usually over a period of weeks or months, depending on your individual situation. Follow the instructions given by your doctor when it is time to stop treatment with this medicine. On very rare occasions some people have experienced withdrawal symptoms after accidentally missing a dose of this medicine.

It may take between two to four weeks for the benefits of this medicine to appear, so it is very important that you keep taking it

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001008.html
    I used to be on SSRI's also. I just remember them taking for like 2 weeks before they started working and during those two weeks i was very irritable. I'm off them now.. But taking two weeks off, then doing E, then starting up over another two weeks doesnt really seam logical..

But, they take a few weeks to get out of your system.