Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mushrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did them about 8 times when fresh ones were still legal and sold in Portobello Market but what's happened since the ban? Can you get them anywhere in London or surrounding areas without having to resort to Amsterdam or picking them yourself? I'd love to do them at least once more... why did they bloody have to BAN them? :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I know it sounds gay and all but we can't say specifically where you can buy illegal drugs, so even if we did know we couldn't say.

However, from personal experience, there is still places where people sell them, it's just slightly hard to find. Ask about and I'm sure someone knows where you can get them.
    They can be found, their still legal down south here but i wouldn't want them anyway.
    There should never be an angry face next to the word 'shrooms!!
    God forbid you have to hunt them down.
    rawr wrote:
    I did them about 8 times when fresh ones were still legal and sold in Portobello Market but what's happened since the ban? Can you get them anywhere in London or surrounding areas without having to resort to Amsterdam or picking them yourself? I'd love to do them at least once more... why did they bloody have to BAN them? :(

Picking them is probably the way to go, as long as you're careful not to pick poisonous ones.

I wonder if people will realise the market potential for LSD now that fresh mushies have been banned and start producing good quality stuff on a bigger scale.
    Yeh but it's not an everyday thing. If I was a dealer I wouldn't risk having a load of Acid or shrooms just on the assumption someone might pay you good money now and again for some.
    turlough wrote:
    Yeh but it's not an everyday thing. If I was a dealer I wouldn't risk having a load of Acid or shrooms just on the assumption someone might pay you good money now and again for some.

Aye but i'm talking about source level. It would make sense for chemists etc to start producing decent LSD as, without magic mushrooms so easily available, the market is lacking heavy psychedelics. Think of the people who bought mushies and are now facing problems if they want a serious trip.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Aye but i'm talking about source level. It would make sense for chemists etc to start producing decent LSD as, without magic mushrooms so easily available, the market is lacking heavy psychedelics. Think of the people who bought mushies and are now facing problems if they want a serious trip.

I suppose, it's not that big a deal around here, the place that sold them still does.
    turlough wrote:
    I suppose, it's not that big a deal around here, the place that sold them still does.

You can grow them easily as well, a friend of mine did that about a year back...hopefully one of my dealers will take the initiative and do likewise.
    Yea I've seen these growth kits somewhere. Personally I wouldn't know where to begin, hallucinogens aren't really my thing tbh.
    Yeah I thought of buying those grow kits but it would be nearly impossible to keep them away from the parents.. I might have to wait until I move out next September for 2nd year of uni.. eeek.
    Actually maddog you can't buy them their anymore.

But it would be a very good thing if some chemist would get off his hole and produce some good lsd in abundance and flood my city with it, ah people would be even more away with it around here.
    I've done muchies once or twice but only low doesage with low effects ( bit giggle, bit like being stoned. No weird visuals ). I've never really been interested in or wanted to do more than that or even try LSD. Maybe its just me but with the way coke or MDMA make you feel in the real world why would you want to be in a different world!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Fly's are still legal.
    Weekender Offender 
    pick your own. Mind you - my Boyfriend did that and went on a mad rampage round the house with a knife. Luckily I was out! :O
    byny wrote:
    pick your own. Mind you - my Boyfriend did that and went on a mad rampage round the house with a knife. Luckily I was out! :O

Remind me not to be around your BF when he takes shrooms.....*mental note*

I personally have never done them but ive heard good things about their trips. I some people that have both done Acid and shrooms. i might have to ask them what was better, but around here u still can buy grow kits for them and of course you can always get them off a website.
    Spliffie wrote:

The market for LSD and mushies isnt the same, its not the same sort of people who do it.

For many LSD is too chemical, its action is too long and of course its not 'natural' like mushies.
    bongbudda wrote:
    The market for LSD and mushies isnt the same, its not the same sort of people who do it.

For many LSD is too chemical, its action is too long and of course its not 'natural' like mushies.

A lot of people are just interested in psychedelics generally.

Certainly though LSD is a more specific taste.
    Exactly, a lot of mushie users seem to think that because they are 'natural' (though what's natural about buying mexican mushrooms in the UK?) that they have some higher mystical understanding locked up in them.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Exactly, a lot of mushie users seem to think that because they are 'natural' (though what's natural about buying mexican mushrooms in the UK?) that they have some higher mystical understanding locked up in them.

I have had some intense mystical/religious experiences before on magic mushies, but being natural certainly isn't a pre-requisite to experience this.

A lot of the strictly naturalist drug users are just jumping on the bandwagon of the new pagan/spiritual zeitgeist. I have little time for a lot of these people because to them the drugs they take are little more than a fashion accessory.
    Spliffie wrote:
    I have had some intense mystical/religious experiences before on magic mushies, but being natural certainly isn't a pre-requisite to experience this.

A lot of the strictly naturalist drug users are just jumping on the bandwagon of the new pagan/spiritual zeitgeist. I have little time for a lot of these people because to them the drugs they take are little more than a fashion accessory.

Definately, a drug isnt inherantly better or worse just because its natural.

And you're right, there was certainly what the journalists called 'another summer of love' where people tried them, or did them again after a long break because they were easy to get.
    I know they may seem to be jumping on the bandwagon but when you think about it, a lot of pagans do take natural drugs alot of the time and it becomes a way of life for them. Its like they are in touch with their surroundings as such, not just running around taking drugs for the pure hell of it

Some are genuine, some are poseurs. A lot of the poseurs are not what you'd describe as pagan, but student types who desperately want to appear hip and earthy. I've had arguments with a few of their ilk over drug issues as they have no idea what they're talking about yet talk to me as if i'm ignorant on the subject because i don't fit their specific stereotype :rolleyes:
    a lot of these "natural" things have been know about for a long time and have been used by ancient people. like marijuana was once used in china where it came from. A long time ago even people were told by the govt that they had to grow it if they had over a certain amount of land. like native americans of the US us peyote, i dont know if im spelling that right, to go on like a spiritual journey to find themselves. i guess thats were people found out about a lot of the "natural" halucinagins.
    a lot of these "natural" things have been know about for a long time and have been used by ancient people. like marijuana was once used in china where it came from. A long time ago even people were told by the govt that they had to grow it if they had over a certain amount of land. like native americans of the US us peyote, i dont know if im spelling that right, to go on like a spiritual journey to find themselves. i guess thats were people found out about a lot of the "natural" halucinagins.

haha, look towards south american shamanism :yes:
    haha, look towards south american shamanism :yes:

Yeah exactly. Ive watch a few shows about people taking some plants from south america that if you eat enough you will go into a trance that you halucinate about yourself and what not.
    Yeah exactly. Ive watch a few shows about people taking some plants from south america that if you eat enough you will go into a trance that you halucinate about yourself and what not.

I've seen them programs...some of shit they take makes salvia look like shandy beer...it's all good having a whole "it's natural so it's good" look on hallucinogens but there are real potential problems if you take that view for granted. Taking too much shrooms in a short space of time could fuck your head up forever.
    turlough wrote:
    I've seen them programs...some of shit they take makes salvia look like shandy beer...it's all good having a whole "it's natural so it's good" look on hallucinogens but there are real potential problems if you take that view for granted. Taking too much shrooms in a short space of time could fuck your head up forever.

Yeah exactly. Like they say too much of a good thing is bad.... in this case too much of a "natural" thing is VERY BAD!!

Cannabis was first grown in the Hindu Kush area of Afghanistan and Pakistan, its one of the easiest known plants which we grew as a crop.

As for peyote, its just mescaline same as San Pedro. Its strong not because the drug is inherantly a very strong drug but because the doses used are high. That and they fast beforehand and have complicated rituals to it.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Cannabis was first grown in the Hindu Kush area of Afghanistan and Pakistan, its one of the easiest known plants which we grew as a crop.

As for peyote, its just mescaline same as San Pedro. Its strong not because the drug is inherantly a very strong drug but because the doses used are high. That and they fast beforehand and have complicated rituals to it.

Yeah exactly. I was mistaken thinking it was china but thats almost over there but not really.