Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

awe and wonderment...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive noticed that when im in other people#s company i am very quiet and instead of talking to them properly i have conversations in my head with them where they actually give me a response that has been "constructed" by my sub concious and the conversation carries...

im just wondering does everyone do this?

i've put this in health cos i reckon it may have something to do with mental health.

Comments

• Options
    I have the same problem!! I think of something to say in my head and then work out how the rest of the conversation may carry on and try to decide if I want to start it for real, but normally by the time I've gone through it in my head I'm either bored of it or something else has been said and what I was going to say is made irrelevant! Are we both mad??
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I do it all the time when im stoned. Automatically I do it.

And im right! That is what scares the buggery outta me. Can't do it if im not high... but I can when I am.
  • Options
    thats how my head works all the time
  • Options
    :) im not the only one then....we can all be crazy together hehehe
  • Options
    Sounds similar to me. Social anxiety. Mine used to be so bad though that I would give myself panic attacks just going to a graduation party because there would be a group of people.
    I think everyone is shy to some degree.
    We all react to it differently.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, I do that too, though not as much as I used to.
    Another thing I've noticed is that the more people that are taking part in the conversation, the less I talk.