Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the best and worst things about Xmas this year for you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So what was the best and worst thing about Christmas this year for you?

My best thing was the day itself, nice and relaxed mostly, felt holidayish, got some alright stuff, remembered the religious significance and had some great roast potato's!!!

The worst thing, being single AGAIN this year so have no gf to spoil, which I'd love to do, get her loads of presents, silly ones, romantic ones, ones she wants and beautiful ones.
Also I got new new ps2 games, one I wanted for ages and when I go to play it my controller has buggered up and I can't play them :( this controller being the one I bought less then 6 months ago to replace my old controller which also buggered up :mad:

Comments

• Options
    I don't think anything about my Christmas has been particularly bad, it's been average. Nothing to shout from the rooftops about, and nothing to moan about either.

All I will say is that it isn't as fun now as it was when I was a kiddy :(
  • Options
    The best, I got drunk
    The worst I, again, drank alone, was not with my family for christmas then spent the better part of last night crying my eyes out and bitching and whining about everything under the sun. I wonder why my guy is still with me :p
  • Options
    the best bit is.. i've had loads of fun with my mates and family this year. lots of drinking, which i'll be doing more of tonight then off to a club in manchester. :D

there wasnt anything bad!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Been a bit average overall this year, some good food and beer though. Worst bit was working today.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    The worst thing, being single AGAIN this year so have no gf to spoil, which I'd love to do, get her loads of presents, silly ones, romantic ones, ones she wants and beautiful ones.

:lol:

You're mad in the head. Buying presents for other people is a chore!

Best thing was getting presents and the whole christmassy feel about the day.

Nothing bad really happened except I ran out of beer at like 12 so I had to drink cheap cider :yuck:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :lol:

You're mad in the head. Buying presents for other people is a chore!
    yeh i was thinking the same thing! i was so glad i didnt have to stress about buyng pressies for a boyfriend.

xmas snogs are great too :D
  • Options
    best bit was party at my boyfriend's mums house last night :)

worst bit was falling out on the way home :(
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Been a bit average overall this year, some good food and beer though. Worst bit was working today.

well i have work at 6:30pm tonight
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    well i have work at 6:30pm tonight
    Best thing: I got some money and bought stuff.
    Worst thing: There was nothing to make christmas feel differently than any other time of the year.
  • Options
    I actually like buying gifts for my family more than I like getting them. I like the smiles. God, I must be ill.
  • Options
    oh no I'd love to buy gifts for a gf. I have never really had the pleasure so it would be new for me and soo cool to get them stuff that they want, is funny and suitable for them.

Coz I'd get some small jokey stuff that she'd laugh at, some stuff she actually wanted like a book or dvd or summat she wanted and then stuff thats romantic and what you should buy like jewlery, and romamntic stuff, like fancy frames with a picture of you both, flowers, sweet stuff, poems, and then theres the sexy stuff like lingerie.

I just really want a girl to spoil on xms day or her birthday and see her face she opens her presents and loves them and realise how close we are and how magical it all is.

also some xmas kisses would be great to. I haven't got any xmas kisses this year :( haven't even seen anywhere with mistletoe!!

its all on the midnight kiss at new years now. I hope I get one this year ;)
  • Options
    best bit - just christmas in general.

worst bit - being tired and irritable. :(
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I haven't got any xmas kisses this year :( haven't even seen anywhere with mistletoe!!

You should invest in some for next year then ;)

My best bits were Xmas Eve at the pub, copious amounts of food, and the nice wintery afternoon walk afterwards.

Worst part was that my boyfriend's off in Spain for almost the entire festive season. :impissed:
  • Options
    Best: Spent it with family, got drunk, got a really nice coffee machine (yes i know that very sad to say its part of the best bits) and playing xbox360.

Worse: Crap films again. spending with family and still feeling alone as no longer have someone to spoil and treat like a princess. ate too much
  • Options
    Best: Christmas dinner, love it. And people enjoying their presents, like Mr Glittery and his Scalectrix, it took him 2 hours to put it together he was like a little kid :)

Worst: Waking up on Christmas morning with a rotten cold which I've now passed on to Abbie :( And skidding on black ice last night, scary.
  • Options
    Best - James's face when he came downstairs christmas morning.
    Worst - Dunno really.
  • Options
    Best - Finding the girl of my dreams :D and seeing old friends for xmas.

Worst - Nothing bads happened really.
  • Options
    Best: mums cooking, having my lil girlies wi me & being single for the 1st xmas in 8 years.
    Worst:Cliff on every bloody music channel.
  • Options
    Best was having my boyfriend there on christmas morning and exchanging presents with him.
    Worst was having freezing feet all day, and then opening my very last present at about 9pm to find a pair of very warm cozy slippers :yeees:
  • Options
    Best thing - the Ipod Nano I had from my parents. They haven't spent that sort of money on me at Christmas for 20 years and really didn't expect to get one - all I did was mention to my mother in passing that I wanted to buy one in the new year.

Worst thing? Can't really think of anything really - was prolly one of the most successful Christmasses ever for me :)
  • Options
    Best things: Spent the day with my family. My sisters were so cute and so excited all day. Also, I got an awesome new helmet for hockey - http://www.thehockeystop.co.uk/acatalog/itech1400BLADE.jpg

Worst things: Not getting to see my boyfriend between Saturday and now. One of my sisters was ill and couldn't really do much all day :(
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    oh no I'd love to buy gifts for a gf. I have never really had the pleasure so it would be new for me and soo cool to get them stuff that they want, is funny and suitable for them.

Coz I'd get some small jokey stuff that she'd laugh at, some stuff she actually wanted like a book or dvd or summat she wanted and then stuff thats romantic and what you should buy like jewlery, and romamntic stuff, like fancy frames with a picture of you both, flowers, sweet stuff, poems, and then theres the sexy stuff like lingerie.

I just really want a girl to spoil on xms day or her birthday and see her face she opens her presents and loves them and realise how close we are and how magical it all is.

;)

If you really want to spend your money you ccan buy me stuff, I dont mind:)
  • Options
    Best: Gotta be the food Yum!

Worst - Traditional family row - guaranteed every year
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    If you really want to spend your money you ccan buy me stuff, I dont mind:)

Aren't you taken though??? :confused:;)
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Aren't you taken though??? :confused:;)

She didn't ask to be your girlfriend, she just said you could buy her stuff :p
  • Options
    yeah but thats no fun if she ain't. Thats just me spending money on a random person and them enjoying the fun with some1 else while I am alone :(

lol just messing, sorry its a package deal lol, unless I am really generous, or drunk lol.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    yeah but thats no fun if she ain't. Thats just me spending money on a random person and them enjoying the fun with some1 else while I am alone :(

lol just messing, sorry its a package deal lol, unless I am really generous, or drunk lol.

Well my house is stocked full of alcohol if you're ever feeling generous ;)
  • Options
    well I think a multi hundred mile round trip for some booze and to stock you up with presents might just be a bit too stretching for me lol, but if you head over or I am over there then hey I'll treat you. Just be nice to me ;)
  • Options
    best : gettin completly drunk christmas eve with all my mates
    Worst : spending christmas alone
  • Options
    Worst: Other half getting into a strop and not going to a party
    Best: going to that party and having a threeway in the hall when everyone had crashed.