Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

stupid things that get stolen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
last night someone stole the wiper off the back of our car but left the bolt on, they also scratched it aswell....anyone else ever had something really stupid stolen?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my dad has had a jacket stolen..it wasn't even a decent one.
    Someone stole my cheese sandwich at work one day. It wasn't even a whole one. I was most upset. And hungry.
    Talking of stolen, our new neighbours who only moved in thursday were broken into on saturday. THey took all valueables and thier christmas pressies which included a 6 years olds. Its fucking sick! They can't afford to replace them.
    I had the fuzzy dice stolen from my car. I had some CDs in my car too, but they were still there. My dad just said no one wanted the shitty music.
    Reminds me of a thing that be's on the radio every week after Christmas here. people ring in and tell about the worst christmas presents ever. Someone said last year that they did their Christmas shopping on Christmas eve and decided to have a few pints before bringing them home, the person ended up getting pissed, walked away for a while and came back to see all his presents were knicked. He went to the 24hour and got his mum a pair of window wipers and his girlfriend an air freshner. :lol:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Unfortunately it would've probably been kids who did it for a dare :(
    Oh and another. My old car could be started w/o a key. So I never locked my doors and sometimes my friends would call me to go out, so I'd go outside to get in my car and they would have taken off with it :(:p
    Someone pinched my trolley in Tesco once, complete with about half a dozen randoms things in it :grump:
    my virgintity got stolen once
    lil_kazzy wrote:
    Someone stole my cheese sandwich at work one day. It wasn't even a whole one. I was most upset. And hungry.

reminds me of that episode of friends! :D
    My brother used to work for sainsburys and one night someone broke into his car, stole his speakers and his work jumper, with sainsburys emblazened on it, from the back seat!?...i can understand the speakers, but the jumper!! :crazyeyes :lol:
    My brother used to work for sainsburys and one night someone broke into his car, stole his speakers and his work jumper, with sainsburys emblazened on it, from the back seat!?...i can understand the speakers, but the jumper!! :crazyeyes :lol:

maybe they used the jumper to carry the speakers in or something?

i can't think of us ever having had anything stolen thankfully!

eta: though some customers do nab my pen at work. thieving gits. :mad:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The best (well, not best, but ya know) thing, me and my mate left our Bikes outside Comet once, no locks. His was a completley fucked up, no brakes, scratched, dented, dirty old Dimondback.. mine a brand new, perfect condition haro bike. Clean, shiny, new, the lot.

His was nicked. Mine was left.

Round 'ere, really, it's usually comon practice to make sure things cannot get nicked. Our car is ALWAYS in the garage.
    maybe they used the jumper to carry the speakers in or something?

:yes: It's less dodgy looking to walk around with a jumper than a set of speakers.
    had the usual things nicked, phone, tv blah bla bla, butI remember one time when there was a break in at my old house, they stole the tv and wotnot but they also nicked loads of pot plants :eek2:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I once heard that someone had bought a Disney comics magazine and left it on the passenger seat of his car, then he parked and left the car, leaving the magazine inside. A few minutes later he came back and found the glass broken. The only thing missing was the magazine.
    Ballerina wrote:
    last night someone stole the wiper off the back of our car but left the bolt on, they also scratched it aswell....anyone else ever had something really stupid stolen?

that was prohbably more of a case of criminal damage than anything else
    some fucker stole a frozen pizza of mine once :mad: :lol:
    rachie004 wrote:
    :( me too

people keep stealing my pants from me too!

ive never done that
    It wasn't strange as such but my dad's bike got nicked from the garage it was broken but the bike that was lying on top of it was working and and they didn't take the one on top :chin:
    Oh strange thing I had stolen was Kappa tracksuit bottoms at high school who in their right mind would want them :lol:.
    My nan had some food stolen out of her freezer and my mum had her car window smashed and a soft toy stolen out the car but radio and CD's etc were left.
    There's some Traffic cones in our basement. The students who had the house before us must have been the CRAZY sort.

Reminds me of an Alan Partridge episode :)
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I used to have a traffic cone, one of the little ones. :)

To be fair, I didn't steal it, someone put it on the roof of my neighbors car, and he didnt want it.
    someone stole my phone once

fair enough i hear you cry...

it was held together with duct tape
    someone stole my phone once

fair enough i hear you cry...

it was held together with duct tape

Duct tape is the closest thing to god.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I got my pen stolen at work today, and a cup of water....