Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Differant races

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was talking (as you do) in the pub today with a few blokes, and the subject came to girls (as it does). One of the blokes mentioned that he couldn't shag a black girl (we were all white, by the way), and then said asians do nothing for him either. Now this isn't anything new, I've heard people say that plenty of times. However, I personally don't give a shit what race someone is, to me a pretty girl is a pretty girl. But there seems to be a lot of people who do.

Does anyone else feel this way? If so, can you explain it? In terms of evolution, people should be naturally attracted to people different from them, so is it just a prejudice thing? I've noticed that all of the people that hold this view seem to be, not racist, because that seems too harsh (I don't know, maybe they are), but at least haven't had much exposure to those of different races. As usually comes up in topics of attraction, no-one can help it if they're not attracted to certain people, but I wonder what determines who someone is attracted to. After all, it can't be just that they haven't seen a black girl that they've been attracted to, because there's enough hot black girls in the media nowadays to choose from. I'd be particularly interested to know if anyone who is of a minority race feels the same way about girls/guys who are white since they will likely be constantly surrounded by white people.

Comments

• Options
    Depends on the person really, some people are racially aware and don't want to sleep with other races, their choice really. And it can be argued that humans prefer their own kind, i.e. white over any other race. Personally I couldn't give a fuck, though saying that, never had the chance to sleep with a non-white.
  • Options
    I've never been attracted to any other race. It's quite strange.
  • Options
    I'm currently seeing a black guy and used to date a guy who was mixed-race (I'm white). Only been attracted to asian guys if they're mixed-race for some reason - I've always found the asian divide interesting, I guess it's because we have so few asian celebrities and influences over here and such different ideas of sexy/attractive. Asian girls don't understand the western model of flaunting bodies etc., they're far more into being cute and girly and I can't think of a single asian male (except maybe Jackie Chan and.... Raghav?) who's in the western public eye, especially in a sexy context, so maybe we don't view them in a sexual way?

The guy I'm currently with is Bajan so he's pretty dark-skinned, and he said he went over to China a few years ago and was amazed by the way asian girls are into white guys; he said he'd be in a bar and be totally ignored, while a REALLY unattractive white guy was being fawned over by all the asian girls.....
  • Options
    Woooohooo, off to China I go then...
  • Options
    Hahaha, maybe that's because a white guy is seen as a way out in China? God i know that sounds harsh, but i'd want to get the hell out of there if i lived there. Go west! as some band said. I certainly view the whole thai bride thing cynically.

Anyway, i grew up in a town that wasn't exactly ethnically diverse, and now i've moved to the city, it's surprised me in that i have been attracted to people of other races, because i never thought i would.
  • Options
    My town is pretty culturally diverse.

Although most of the time I am attracted to white guys, I have dated a black guy before.

Race is no big deal to me as I have been attracted to non-white guys before. I think maybe some people could think that race=whole new culture=not compatible due to differences.
  • Options
    Race doesn't bother me... Gender doesn't bother me massively either.
  • Options
    I have a racial, and gender, preferance; tis not a rule though. Maybe it's freudian nd I want my Daddy? hummn...
  • Options
    I mixed race myself - white/carribean or whutever and ive only ever been out wiv black or "half cast" boyz, its jus cos thats whut am attracted to, i have never really been attracted to any whte/asian ect guys- thats not to say i wouldnt go go out with one/shag one i just havent met any who im attracted to, if that makes any sense.... :confused: however.... if the likes of dennis off eastenders (whuteva his name is...)crossed my path i wouldnt say no, and a white guy to say he could never shag a black girl, a lot of white men i know have said that they dont find black/mixed girls attractive then the same guys r watchin the likes of beyonce on d telly with they eyes poppin out theyr heads, its weirdd
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Personally, I only really like mildly tanned skin people. Never really gone for black girls. Im not racist, but I dunno... just the way I am.

Asians are hot, though. :thumb:
  • Options
    Well i am chinese myself but was born and raised in london and i'd say i prefer caucasian girls to oriental ones lookswise. And as a general rule i hardly find any black women attractive.
    I can see that they're good-looking, same way as i can say if a guy is good looking or not but same way it doesn't really do anything for me *shrugs*
  • Options
    I like Chinese girls alot, but only the curvy ones of which there are few. i like Black girls too but only the ones who are a little bit buff. I have only seen Asian girls on tv who have done it for me, never actually met one in person though. Usually i go for white girls but only because i see alot more white girls then i do any other. But, thinking about it, with white girls, buff, curvy, slightly meaty are all good with me, hmm...
  • Options
    i have never been attracted to a non-white person but i think thats because i have a very specific 'type' of guy that i go for.
  • Options
    I would prefer an Italian or Italian American Woman but I'm not that picky
  • Options
    Don't think i've ever been attracted to a black or oriental women. I find a few asians (middle eastern/indian etc) decent looking though.
  • Options
    yeh, i've only ever been attracted to one non-white girl. she was asian, but very westernised. (ie, didn't wear typical muslim clothes covering her face etc)
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    yeh, i've only ever been attracted to one non-white girl. she was asian, but very westernised. (ie, didn't wear typical muslim clothes covering her face etc)

I thought most your muslims were the middle east, not of the Asian area.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I thought most your muslims were the middle east, not of the Asian area.

The Middle East is part of Asia.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    The Middle East is part of Asia.

I guess I catagorize people differently then. I've always catagorized them differently as thats what I was taught in my history/geography stuff.
  • Options
    A good lookin guy is a good lookin guy, they come in all kinds of different races etc. My personal preference right now is older men, they are hot!!:D

I do, however, think dark skinned guys, whether tanned or coloured, have a certain something very attractive about them though..... :thumb:
  • Options
    I cannot say that I am attracted to blacks or Asians either but do bot deny their hotness, but if Laila Rouass crossed by path I wouldn't be telling her to sod off in a hurry. As far as being attracted to non-white woman then Japanese and Latinos are :yum:
  • Options
    ive never been attracted to a black person but thats not to say i never would, we just dont have that many around here.

a question off the main question for people though, if you dated a black person and you were white or visa versa, and then went on to have children, would it bother you that your children could be a different race from you?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    This is a fascinating topic guys - but remember you are in the sex forum so its best to keep to the original question as otherwise you are moving into relationships/politics & debate.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I guess I catagorize people differently then. I've always catagorized them differently as thats what I was taught in my history/geography stuff.

What continent were you taught the Middle East was part of? :confused:
  • Options
    I've only ever really fancied white or black men.
  • Options
    Im quite suprised by the replies here, im not objecting, just shocked by the feeling towards other races as a whole.

I have been attracted to, and shagged girls that are black and white, but they've all had english backgrounds, so no cultural issue here, just appearance. My honest opinion, without sounding like a lecturer or something, is that black and white girls can be equally as sexy
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    olaola wrote:
    Im quite suprised by the replies here, im not objecting, just shocked by the feeling towards other races as a whole.

I have been attracted to, and shagged girls that are black and white, but they've all had english backgrounds, so no cultural issue here, just appearance. My honest opinion, without sounding like a lecturer or something, is that black and white girls can be equally as sexy
    Just because someone doesn't thing black girls are sexy doesn't mean he's racist or anything. There are people who say they don't think blonde (for example) hair is sexy.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Just because someone doesn't thing black girls are sexy doesn't mean he's racist or anything. There are people who say they don't think blonde (for example) hair is sexy.

Dude, I was just about to type the same thing, the hair color reference :p

But for me, I have a tendency to find white men more attractive. But I've seen (and sometimes done) men of many races that are quite sexy. black, asian (which I was always taught was the korean, chinese, japanese etc) middle eastern (indian, all the "stans" etc) I've not yet seen a Native American I thought was hot. But then again I don't really think I've met any.

And actually, when it gets down to whites, I divide them up further. I, of course, think Americans are the sexiest men. And (no offense) but I find british to be on the uglier end of the scale. The white south africans my sister has shown me are pretty damn attractive.
  • Options
    Thinking further on this, I think my ratio of different races I've been with/attracted to is linked more to exposure than a preference. I can't think of any asians I've been attracted to, but then I've known only a couple personally and have met but a few. I've found a few blacks attractive and the rest were white- this reflects the racial mix of my environment so...
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:

your mistaken, i never accused anyone of being racist, i just said i was surpised by what people think.

my_name wrote:
    . And (no offense) but I find british to be on the uglier end of the scale. The white south africans my sister has shown me are pretty damn attractive.

booooo. thats a lie :)

On holiday in Majorca, there were girls from all over europe. There were so many fit girls from Sweden! English + Sweden girls, are the best imo