Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Earring problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm due to have minor short-stay surgery next year, which means I have to take my beloved cartilidge piercings out. :grump: I'm unlikely to be able to get my original ball closure earrings back in for about 5 days or so after surgery, so are there any other types earrings I could put in to keep my holes open.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A clear retainer will keep the holes open :)
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Indeed, I don't know what this site is like, but this is an example of retainers. You should be able to buy them in most piercing studios.
    Are you not allowed to tape it? I had surgery in Jan and I had a piercing that I couldn't take out and I was just allowed to tape it.
    They wouldn't let me keep any in, not even plastic ones. Best call the nurse of the surgery or whoever and ask them. Each is different it seems.
    Its surgery to take my wisdom teeth out, so i cant have anything in the holes, and I can only tolerate surgical grade stainless steel in my piercings because of my nickel allergy.