Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bridget Jones's Diary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
This was on last night and I've forgotten just how good it is. I watched the second recently and it's poor script brushed off onto my impression of the first. They should have left it.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't seen the second one.

I remember when I first watched the first one, I was quite dissapointed. I guess it was hyped up sooo much and it didn't really meet my expectations. Although, I still think BJD1 is a good movie, just not as good as I thought it would be.

I think it would be cool to see the second movie, but I think maybe it would ruin the first as I've read bad reviews.
    Just think her Gay friend who is in Battlestar Galactica is funny!
    I love Bridget Jones' Diary... The second one is funny when she injests mushrooms...
    The mushroom scene is quite funny, but the whole thing just seems to be on a level of stupidity - particularly when she's in jail.
    *great big granny knickers* 'these yours?'
    'yes....but they're not my favourite pair...'
    I really despise the character, so by default should hate the film. However it's quite charming, and I love Jim Broadbent so couldn't hate it entirely. :)

I can't say the same for the sequel.. :no:
    I think "charming" sums up the first film well. There are some flaws and a few duff moments, but like Love Actually there's a certain charm and intreague about it.
    It's an abomination against mankind. Terrible...I was forced to watch this god awful film in the cinema a few years ago with a girl.
    I saw it twice at cinema, and still love it now, know most of the words to it as well the second film was okay, but not quite as good as the first.
    Did not Bridget Jones need to gain weight just for the first movie? Then she lost the weight and had to gain it for the second movie.

Well done.
    Ive got them both on DVD and i love them! i do prefere the first one, but i still like the second!
    I liked the first one a lot, but not the second, it's just like a bad repeat of the first story scrpt-wise. And I agree, the jail part is just plain stupid.

Not surprised you didn't like it turlough -it's a total chick-film.
    i think i should really get around to seeing the second film
    Neil wrote:
    The mushroom scene is quite funny, but the whole thing just seems to be on a level of stupidity - particularly when she's in jail.
    Reflects the book. I read the second book with fairly low expectations and it failed to meet even those, it's shite.
    Love the avatar.

I haven't read the second book properly, but I thought Helen Fielding must have been outraged at the injustice they did to the onscreen version. Anyone would. It felt like it was based on a comic book rather than a novel.
    I think I would have prefered the first film if I hadnt of read the book first - I did still enjoy it !

I havent yet seen the second film yet, or read the book.