Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice Needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, last year I worked in a large department store and I met a girl. We talked a bit and I felt that there was some chemistry between us. I also saw her joking around with a friend after she was talking to me. Her friend was kind of nudging her and telling her to go talk to me again. I thought that something might happen but it didn't and I left.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I went back to the job and I met the girl again. She was completely ignoring me. I mean, really obviously blanking me. She'd walk right past me as if I wasn't there and if I said hello to her she wouldn't smile and just kind of nod.

I was getting annoyed with it and couldn't work out what I'd done.

Then I saw her hanging around a lot with a guy and heard a rumor that it was her boyfriend. I thought that maybe this was why she wasn't talking to me. Kind of a 'I have a boyfriend" type thing. You know, like she didn't want to give me any encouragement.

But for the past few weeks it's all changed. I get nothing but smiles and she's talking to me quite a bit.

I was thinking of asking for her phone number.

I leave the job in a weeks time and so what I'm asking is, do you think I should ask? Even though she has a boyfriend? Should I risk it?

Comments

• Options
    thx1138 wrote:
    I was thinking of asking for her phone number.

I leave the job in a weeks time and so what I'm asking is, do you think I should ask? Even though she has a boyfriend? Should I risk it?
    ffs just ask if you want it. worst she can do is refuse to give it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    ffs just ask if you want it. worst she can do is refuse to give it. :rolleyes:

Seconded. Be prepared for the rejection though, shes got a man.

And think also, just by some far out chance she says yes to you, just think, she could be dating you, some schlob askes her out, and voila, shes cheating on you.
  • Options
    Yeah, I say just ask for it.

If she refuses, she refuses.
    Even if she does have this boyfriend, there's nothing wrong with asking for a phone number anyway, right?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    schlob .
    I've got to stop picking your posts and smiling at your americanisms. :blush:
  • Options
    ask her, do it do it do it. You'll just end up regretting it again if you don't. Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Either ask her out or forget about it. What is the worst that can happen?

I'd be curious to know why she was ignoring you though... how much effort does it take to say "Hi, I'm boning someone else at the moment so don't get your hopes up"? Ignoring people and messing around with mind games makes little sense to me...
  • Options
    Ah women and their confusing acts, dazzles me so much but I have a rule, play games, I go bye bye. Perhaps its games or pmts! just be careful
  • Options
    Invite her to see your etchings!!

Some girls, all they want is a boyfriend .. and once they have one they'll ignore you, until they're next available and need to be onthe look out again.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for all the replies. I've decided to ask her. It's not like the guy she's dating is a friend or anything. In fact, I can't stand him.

The problem is, I heard that she's moving to a new department next week(my last week) which means the only chance I'll get to talk to her is if we have our breaks at the same time, which is unlikely.

I thought about asking one of her friends but all I'm going to get from them is the news that she has a boyfriend. My plan was to plead ignorance. I'll ask for her number but if she tells me she has a boyfriend I'll say I didn't know.

So, how on Earth do you get close to someone to ask for there number? Will I have to go through her friends?
  • Options
    thx1138 wrote:

So, how on Earth do you get close to someone to ask for there number? Will I have to go through her friends?

Only if you want to seem like a stalker psycho.

You say, hey, whats up, hows it going, bla bla bla, wanna hang out sometime, can i have your number.

I'm going to have to say though, imo, your quite a selfish dick asking somebody out who you know has a boyfriend.
  • Options
    Personally speaking I'd be questioning her behaviour towards you when you first came back. When someone fancies someone else they put on their best behaviour, so it is sometimes difficult to see the real person. How they behave when they aren't interested is a good indication of how they really are. Ideally you want someone who is nice to you whether they are interested at that moment in time or not.
  • Options
    Ask her for her number! You might regret it and trust me I've been there. It's not nice to know you've missed a chance.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who has replied.

I've got two days left in this job and I can't get anywhere near this girl. Not even for a 5 minute chat. I've seen her once in the past 3 days and that was from a distance. I'm stuck.