Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Easy day in the office?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you are stuck at work today, are you doing anything special for Xmas?

I'm here 9 til 5. We're having a big lunch made up of lots of snacks and treats. All contributed a couple of quid and went mad on the BOGOF offers at the local Morrisons!

I've just opened the box of Roses our stationery suppliers sent me!

What about everyone else? :)

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I am not working or anything today so I have started the morning by making cookies :D

Will do the oh so exciting task of cleaning the bathroom next :(

The Christmas preparation starts here :yes:
  • Options
    Working 12-8 today and the 9-6 tommorow which sucks a lot because i am vastly ill, and really just need to sleep.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    We get to listen to 'Dominic The Donkey' Christmas Carol in honour of the boss man - can't get much more of a treat than that! :yippe:
  • Options
    If you are stuck at work today, are you doing anything special for Xmas?

I'm here 9 til 5. We're having a big lunch made up of lots of snacks and treats. All contributed a couple of quid and went mad on the BOGOF offers at the local Morrisons!

I've just opened the box of Roses our stationery suppliers sent me!

What about everyone else? :)

we did that yesterday at work. not working today but have the excitement of writing an essay on abstract sculpture and absract painting and how they influence each other.....oooo the excitement
  • Options
    Working for another 40 mins (or skiving on here actually) then off drinking!
  • Options
    Oh Lordy! Things have gone really downhill now - everyone is gathered around the central desk in my office, eating scotch eggs and cocktail sausages. Also all wearing hats from crackers and drinking Bucks Fizz - all giggling as if they're drunk on the first mouthful!

Get me out of here! :(
  • Options
    The chambers door was locked at 12 noon promptly, and shan't be re-opening again until January.

Hooray!
  • Options
    Working tomorrow night, it's a tickets only night so everyones going to be getting smashed. I'm there from 7, and the bar doesn't even close till 1am so i won't be looking at getting out till about 3am minimum. Unless we all work fast, but by that time we're all gonna be too knackered to do that probably. Got to work tonight as well :(

Just have to think of our christmas do, which doesn't actually take place till January most likely :p
  • Options
    I'm at work, as is alot of other people, except for the pharmacists of course. Grrr. And because this place is actually open 24/7 I will be working Monday and every other day just like any other week.
    My boyfriend on the other hand just left work right now (noon) and doesn't work until Jan 3. I hate him :p
  • Options
    Currently workin from home, online, on my puter... can be done whilst surfing the site boards too :D

or with a hangover :D

the joys of working from home :hyper:
  • Options
    was at work (as normal) for 8am but we all finished early. the general manager came in about 11:30-12 and told us all to go home. been playing Perfect Dark Zero on xbox360 since
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Some of us have to work tommorow, till 5, then are back at 9am Boxing Day. You lucky bastards.
  • Options
    Still at work... 42 more minutes...
  • Options
    fringe wrote:
    been playing Perfect Dark Zero on xbox360 since

you jammy git!
    lemmie have a go!?

i'll swopsies for a psp :p
  • Options
    I worked today. Was meant to do 2 - 6 but someone called in sick so my boss phoned me at 9am. Got in for 10am. Am in tomorrow morning when I was meant to break up today but its only from 9 - 1 so isnt so bad. Then drink drink drink. :D
  • Options
    Then drink drink drink. :D

Oh I love the way you think ;)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh I love the way you think ;)
    Heh, meant to be going to my nans for xmas day but I think I'll be recovering in bed :D
  • Options
    Heh, meant to be going to my nans for xmas day but I think I'll be recovering in bed :D

Heh, sweet :D

I've gotta hang with the mans parents Sunday... I think I'll be drinking before we head over.
  • Options
    I was on my feet all day from 12 til 9pm and then am working all day 9 til 6 tomorrow. Fun. Oh the joy of supermarkets at Christmas.
  • Options
    thats two 15 hour shifts done and dusted, time to do one more, which i start in 11 hours time
  • Options
    Ugh, I havent been up this early on a saturday for more than 2 years and I do it on christmas eve. Thats commitment. Or just stupidness. :/
  • Options
    Today, I am working 9.00am - 5.30pm. THEN! I am off for two days, woot. Plus, tonight I am going to ze crimbo carnival. :D
  • Options
    I was working my butt off in a stupidly packed supermarket for 9 hours. :(
  • Options
    I have to work 6 till 9 tonight:( god I hate where I work. Stupid wanker managers who want to kill christmas