Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Abnormally heavy?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, I know I've put on a little weight recently. But I just weighed myself and I weigh 12 stone. Yet I'm a size 12 in clothes. I used to be a size 10, so I know I've gone up a bit. But 12 stone? Does that not seem rather a lot for someone with a fairly average figure?

I'm quite muscley, but not ridiculously so, and I have fairly big boobs, but surely not enough to account for so much weight?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wen i was a size 12 i was about 11 stone, at times slightly over. It depends upon your height and muscle tone. muscle weighs alot more than fat, as its more dense, so that could be the reason.
    Might be water retention or something like that.

Alot of american football players have to be a certain weight to play, and before the weigh in just drink pints and pints of water.

I think when i was a size 14 i weighed 12 stone, and then i shrunk to size 12 yet still weighed 11'3. so its not a big deal.

As long as u eating balanced diet and doing some exercise its not a big worry.
    lexijb wrote:

Alot of american football players have to be a certain weight to play, and before the weigh in just drink pints and pints of water.

Just for the record, that is absoutly completly untrue.

And for the OP, it could be a number of things. Could be water, a combination of your muscle and other things. I can gain or lose 20-25 lbs and not show much difference in looks at all.
    muscle mass is a lot heavier than fat as sugar_mouse said ~ most likely reason. :yes:
    yeah it depends on your height etc on how much you weigh :)

im a size 12 and i weigh just over 9 stone!! but then i am only about 5 ft 1 so i guess thats why! so it varies a lot
    There is a huge variation of weights for people of the same clothes size.