Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

quick question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yesterday my grandad dropped my mum off at work because my dad had got the car. He was waiting to pull out of the car park and someone reversed out of a parking spot into him. My grandads got a letter saying he's responsible. Surely its the idiots fault for reversing into him?

Comments

• Options
    yes, i would've though it was the guys fault. your grandad should contact his insurance company+explain to them what happened asap!
  • Options
    my grandads in his 80s bless him so doesnt really have a clue, he came round earlier with the letter and stuff so my dad could sort it out
    but ive just seen the letter so im quite annoyed that this man has blamed my grandad when he was waiting to pull out and he should have been looking
  • Options
    exactly!! and also, has the guy himself wrote the letter??? only it seems quick to have an accident one day, and the insurance company to get all the information, process it and send a letter!! dont they normally correspond with the other person's insurance company, i.e. your grandads?
  • Options
    exactly!! and also, has the guy himself wrote the letter??? only it seems quick to have an accident one day, and the insurance company to get all the information, process it and send a letter!! dont they normally correspond with the other person's insurance company, i.e. your grandads?
    no its from the other guys insurance company. i'm only 15 so i dont have a clue about insurance it confuses me. so you mean they should wait till they've heard from both insurance companies?
  • Options
    An insurance company will try and make the other party responsible, and I expect this letter has come from the other driver's insurance company, not from your own. Your insurance company will send documentation out asking what happened, how it happened, and what the position of the two vehicles was.

Write one back telling them to fuck off, and see them in court.
  • Options
    as i said, he needs to contact his insurance company as all this should be sorted out between your grandad's insurance company+the other guy's!! I didnt think they normally send personal letters out!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds very suspicious, no insurance company would send a letter out straight away. Ensure your grandad speaks to his insurers immediately.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Sounds very suspicious, no insurance company would send a letter out straight away. Ensure your grandad speaks to his insurers immediately.
    they dont? how does it normally work then
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Write one back telling them to fuck off, and see them in court.

:lol:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Well, if the accident happened yesterday, how could your grandad recieve a letter less than 24hrs later saying its his fault? We all know our countries postal system is shit, especially at this time of the year? Maybe it is genuine, just seems slightly dodgy in my mind
  • Options
    they wouldnt normally write one immediatly! normally they'de have to process your grandad's insurance details, then they'de contact his insurance company+normaly its his insurance company that would send him the letter!
  • Options
    well i just asked my mum and she said its a 'standard' letter that they send out, and they've got to go and take some photos of where it happened and crap
  • Options
    its very unusal for a insurance company to work that quick. i wouldn't be surpised to find out the guy or a friend works for that company. the 3 time my ex had people go into the back of her it took weeks before any letters were sent out
  • Options
    fringe wrote:
    its very unusal for a insurance company to work that quick. i wouldn't be surpised to find out the guy or a friend works for that company.
    could this be the case? :chin: i'd like to know how they think its my grandads fault
  • Options
    Either way, if someone reverses into you it's their fault.