Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

age gap again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I know the age gap issue has been discussed before but....

There's lots of stuff on here about older guys just out for a young girl etc etc but i'm interested to know what you think of it the other way around - i.e. an older woman going out with a younger guy?? is it different?

I recently got to know a guy 9 years younger than me and we get along so well and I really like him. We cant be together now anyway because of lots of other complications so I'm not asking u guys whether i should get with him, just your opinion on the age thing.
Personally, when i'm chatting to him, my heart is telling me that the age means nothing.. but my brain tells me that it does! I feel like i'm either being stupid (i.e. he's just having a laugh at this sad old person) or being evil (i.e. seducing this innocent young guy) :blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well you said before, you're getting ready to have a house and a family while he's still living at home
    you need to think has he got everything you need for the kind of relationship you want
    You cant help who you fall for. As long as they're not ridiculously young for it to be peadophilia, then theres no problem. Theres a rule of thumb out there somewhere... half your age and add 7. If they are younger then the result then its a 'no', otherwise its fine. But dont worry too much. My mum met my dad when he was 40 she 20, and they were happily married for 19 years before he passed away. The list of similar stories goes on...
    personally i dont think theres a problem. but i guess it all depends on his age and your. for example if he's only 15-16 there might be a problem but that would only be from his parents. i'm 25 quite like the older women as they tend to know what they want more. my last relationship with an older women was when i was 18 and she was 29. ok not that a big age differance but some people didn't like it.
    I'm 27 and he's 18 so no, its not illegal or anything :yum:
    Well i've just started a new relastionship with a girl who's 7 years older than me, i'm 24 and she's 31 but get on so well, its great. We have discussed it and she sometimes worries that i'll get bored etc but I don't feel like that. So not an issue in either of our minds and why the hell should it be?
    I'm 24 and my missus is 30 and I really do not think about our ages at all, she does a teeny bit but thats it. We get on great and I really don't think of her of someone who is this 30.
    flighty wrote:
    I'm 27 and he's 18 so no, its not illegal or anything :yum:
    if hes 18 then he's still very young and has alot to learn from life, he probably wants to go out there and live his life for a couple of years before anything serious
    flighty in that case there should be no issue whats so ever. i'd say follow your heart and you never knwo where it will take you. you can always put it down to experance if it doesn't work out.
    anyway, like i said first of all, there are lots of other complications going on (which would take me all day :yeees: ) so we not likely to get together anyway - just wanted opinions on the age thing so thanks! :yippe:
    thats a shame. complalications can be worked out, sometime hard to do i know. but what ever you do be happy.
    i don't think age should matter that much in a relationship i believe that it is what you both want from it that's important.
    Hay flighty at least your using proper english un-like that other girl
    Charlie84 wrote:
    i don't think age should matter that much in a relationship i believe that it is what you both want from it that's important.

Try telling that to my mum lol