Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post men

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else have a crappy post man who doesn't show up till midday or doesn't show up at all? :banghead: I was expecting a special card which should have come today but he hasn't come. I thought postmen usually came in the morning?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe it just hasn't arrived yet? Its Christmas, post is taking longer in general. I posted a load of cards first class, some didn't get there until almost a week later. Just one of those things.
    I'm use to come about 7.30am every morning while i was at school, but for the last 2 or 3 years it can be any time from about 10am to about 12pm, I think it is due to staff cut backs which means they have to do more rounds each morning, plus we don't seem to have a regular postman any more, like we did when it was as regular as clock work.
    Our postman never turns untill it's about 10/11pm, I'mma go bust a cap if I seem around G.
    Ah if it's important I send it special, saying that, I was expecting a special delivery parcel this morning which never arrived. Royal mail are a bit dodgy at this time...
    Wasn't there some thing about you having to pay extra to get your post really early in the morning.

Anyway, our post always comes earliy enough 8 am usually.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yeah, our postman turns up at like, sometime after 9 when everyone has left.

Isnt it part of new royal mail things?
    :confused: just because it hasn't arrived doesn't mean it's the postman's fault!!

all they do is deliver the damn things.

and do remember it is their busiest time of the year right now.
    we always have post of some description, bills etc, it was sent in '2 days' post so should have arrived by today....maybe tomorrow hopefully
    the annoying thing is, when we get a parcel that you have to sign for it gets taken back to the post office and you have to go fetch it cause when he turns up we've all left!
    Ballerina wrote:
    the annoying thing is, when we get a parcel that you have to sign for it gets taken back to the post office and you have to go fetch it cause when he turns up we've all left!

That happened to my boyfriend three times in one week (at the beginning of the month), to of them where for him the other was for me, so we went down at the weekend to collect them. Well I suppose it was our faults for ordering presents over the internet.
    My posties okay.plus it keeps him off the streets.
    treesprite wrote:
    My posties okay.plus it keeps him off the streets.

I thought postmen were meant to be on the streets. :confused:
    Ballerina wrote:
    we always have post of some description, bills etc, it was sent in '2 days' post so should have arrived by today....maybe tomorrow hopefully

yeh but theres lke a million times more post at this time of year than normal
    Ballerina wrote:

Couldn't you (or your parents) have got a neighbour to sign for it instead, then they look after it until you come home?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Ours is in the afternoon at the moment.

But delays are to be expected at this time of year. They have a gazillion things to deliver. Also, you probably didn't have any post that day. Some days we don't get anything. Not even the horrid spam stuff!

At least it isn't stupid couriers messing you about (like I had last week!)
    ours comes anywhere between half 8 and half 2 (and yes, our post has come that late on numerous occasions, latest being 3pm)
    I'm never in when our post comes. I think it's about 9ish. I swear we used to have two lots a day though...
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Our post here in Leeds arrives bout 3pm normally, he came bout half 4 today.

In Huddersfield we get it 7am straight every day, 1200 person student village gets its own 'round'.
    I dont know about at home becuase I'm out of the house at 8am, at work we get in any time from 9.30 on a monday to 11.30ish on Friday. My zen micro got delivered yesterday, and because it wouldnt fit the letterbox, the bloody postman his it behind the flowerpot on the doorstep. The bloody parcel could have got nicked and I would have wasted £150 for a bloody hard-to-find purple zen which I've wanted for ages!
    Ballerina wrote:
    Does anyone else have a crappy post man who doesn't show up till midday or doesn't show up at all? :banghead: I was expecting a special card which should have come today but he hasn't come. I thought postmen usually came in the morning?

I think at Xmas time something like 1 Billion cards are sent through the post

so yours might be lost in all that!!
    I think at Xmas time something like 1 Billion cards are sent through the post

so yours might be lost in all that!!

When I ordered something online at the end of November I had spent enough for free standard delivery which is normally 3-5 days but the website put up a warning saying it could take up to an extra 3 days, due to the number of orders being placed due to Christmas.
    I think we might be getting two posts a day at the moment... the post used to come at about 8.30. Then near the beginning of the month they started delivering letters at about 7.15, and any parcels we've had have come about 9.30 - 10.00... two deliveries a day... different postmen... very odd...
    Our post always comes at about 11 O'clock, it's not the postmans fault/doing what time it turns up, and it is Christmas so i would be expecting a bit of a back log.
    We don't get our mail til after 10AM usually.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I thought postmen were meant to be on the streets. :confused:
    :lol: Quite.
    No, the post round here always comes around 9am.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Little_one wrote:
    When I ordered something online at the end of November I had spent enough for free standard delivery which is normally 3-5 days but the website put up a warning saying it could take up to an extra 3 days, due to the number of orders being placed due to Christmas.

Is that Amazon?

My mum ordered something from Amazon a about a month ago. It said it was despatched about 3 weeks ago and we got it yesterday.

Amazon have also been mucking me around with my order this week :(

I don't think you are the only one who has been having problems with Amazon (if it is Amazon you ordered from)
    my card came today along with this magazine that comes on wednesdays....so for some reason the post man didn't come yesterday
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The post in my municipality is the worst ever!
    Example one:
    Someone who lives elsewhere sends two letters on the same day. One to me, one to someone in the municipality right next to mine. The other person's letter arrives in 2-3 days. Mine takes 2 weeks.

Example two:
    I can't count the times that I've seen a letter in my mailbox with a completely different address on it!!! Thankfully I'm good enough that I take it there, but I wonder how many of my letters have been misdelivered...
    Zalbor wrote:
    The post in my municipality is the worst ever!
    Example one:
    Someone who lives elsewhere sends two letters on the same day. One to me, one to someone in the municipality right next to mine. The other person's letter arrives in 2-3 days. Mine takes 2 weeks.

Example two:
    I can't count the times that I've seen a letter in my mailbox with a completely different address on it!!! Thankfully I'm good enough that I take it there, but I wonder how many of my letters have been misdelivered...
    its ok when bills never turn up though ;)
    See now i dont get it.. i've never had a problem.. orderedc tons of stuff of ebay of late for Xmas about 7/8 parcels and all turned up within time, all either 1st or 2nd class and all arrived within 2/3 days and at this time of year thats brilliant, don't get why people complain about royal mail, never had any problems