Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

where do you want to bomb

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Please tell me people are not that retarded....
    :lol:
    American's are crap at geography... Not really a suprise.

Funny though, and borderline worrying.
    many americans think the united kingdom is an arab state!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Some American actually said "Iraq? Isn't that south of Texas somewhere?"

I just wonder what'd happen if they went round the UK doing it... it'd probably be just as bad sadly. Today's world is one of Media Controlled Ignorance. The Mass Media keeps us stupid, just how they like us.
    Possibly related to Americans lack of Geography, At Noise & Confusion in Cardiff last weekend some of the American acts said things like "Its great to be back in England!" ....that didnt go down to well with the locals.
    Jesus...that's horrendous, learn some basic geography people!!!
    Renzo wrote:
    Possibly related to Americans lack of Geography, At Noise & Confusion in Cardiff last weekend some of the American acts said things like "Its great to be back in England!" ....that didnt go down to well with the locals.

To be fair plenty of the English don't know the difference between Great Britain, the British Isles, the UK and England.
    the link loads but the clip doesn't

your right they are crap at geography.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    You're bothered by their lack of geography, but not by the fact that they want more places to get bombed??
    I have no idea, I couldnt see the clip.
    NQA wrote:
    To be fair plenty of the English don't know the difference between Great Britain, the British Isles, the UK and England.

I would be suprised if most people thought that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland were parts of England.
    Zalbor wrote:
    You're bothered by their lack of geography, but not by the fact that they want more places to get bombed??
    Spot on.

Though you could say their geographical ignorance and their apparent desire to bomb nations galore are directly related, don't you think?
    They are all morons! Most probably thought america was where Russia is! They always think they are the biggest!
    many americans think the united kingdom is an arab state!
    Yes, it's very mature to mock people for their lack of knowledge, and their national cultures. Aren't most Africans thick?
    i would love to see tilbury bombed. my mum said last night that if she couldn't find my new house she would just head for tilbury. if she did that she wouldn't have wheels for very long.

and going back to that comment about iraq being south of texas, how unbelievably ignorant are people? lets bomb texas too!
    yeah, I mean there are people over there that think you can get to engalnd by train from america and some over there haven't even heard of the UK!! Ridculous.

I heard a report a a few years ago that said 60% of America's high school kids thought World War 2 was in the 50's and 60's, against Russia with the allies lead by Kennady!!!

Truely disturbing.
    Americans probably think "Churchill: The Hollywood years" was a documentary not a spoof!
    i remember speaking to an american online once, they asked me where i was from and i said england and they didn't know where i meant :yeees:
    are they obsessed with invading or something? why would they want to invade random countries? are we still in the middle ages?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ballerina wrote:
    why would they want to invade random countries?

Prove how hard they are. Fear is a great driver, they can use it to bully other countries into doing things. "Do as we say, or we'll do you over, like Iraq!"

Although, that might just raise laughter seeing how Iraq went. And Iran refuses to comply with the US anyway. Ho hum...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ballerina wrote:
    i remember speaking to an american online once, they asked me where i was from and i said england and they didn't know where i meant :yeees:
    are they obsessed with invading or something? why would they want to invade random countries? are we still in the middle ages?
    That's nothing. I've been asked "Which state is Greece in?". Also someone thought the country didn't exist anymore, and another that it's arabic.
    lets go bomb east anglia
    MrG wrote:
    lets go bomb east anglia

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i live there!! sad to admit it tho as its a pile o poo :yuck: as soon as i convince my family that Brighton is the place to be then i'm sorted ;)

From whats been said it seems that the americans intelligence in geography is not very good, especially if they don't know where the UK is lol :lol: Don't they learn about the British empire after all it was the English who discovered america after all.
    simba wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i live there!! sad to admit it tho as its a pile o poo :yuck: as soon as i convince my family that Brighton is the place to be then i'm sorted ;)

From whats been said it seems that the americans intelligence in geography is not very good, especially if they don't know where the UK is lol :lol: Don't they learn about the British empire after all it was the English who discovered america after all.

I wouldn't go about the Americans being thick if you think the English discovered America unless you know something about Columbus the rest of us don't.
    NQA wrote:
    I wouldn't go about the Americans being thick if you think the English discovered America unless you know something about Columbus the rest of us don't.

:lol: ok he discovered it then the british empire got hold of america and then there was the 4th july where the americans got it back from the british blah blah :) and americans as a whole may not be thick its just that on this board it seems that they seem that way :D