Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Inland Revenue Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The IR has just sent me an employment record for the tax year to date (I've just started on my third job!) Is there any reason why I've been sent one of these. Also it says I have to put my gross weekly earnings, but I was working various weekly hours in my last, and current job (I have a set no. of hours to work, but I frequently do more then this!) so can I put an average? Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    might be a bit late but can you tell me the name of the form?
    If its a P91 then theres a gap of employment of over 10 weeks, and they need to account for it, happens when you start a new job

ETA: an average should be fine
    Its a P91, but I've been in continuos employment this tax year, which is why I dont understand I've been sent one. Unless one of my P45's was wrong.
    The IR has just sent me an employment record for the tax year to date (I've just started on my third job!) Is there any reason why I've been sent one of these. Also it says I have to put my gross weekly earnings, but I was working various weekly hours in my last, and current job (I have a set no. of hours to work, but I frequently do more then this!) so can I put an average? Any help would be grateful.

I process a hell of a lot of P91's. It could be for a number of reasons, they could have missing P45 details, there could be a gap in your employment history, your start date could be wrong, could be an incorrect National Insurance number...loads of reasons. They are usually automatic issue (is yours in blue print?) as there is something outstanding on record. However, don't panic. We only want a vague idea of wages, but it's good to be specific with the dates worked. Don't leave any gaps and make sure you start from the date specified on the front. If you were not working or claiming jobseekers - put the dates.If you were employed, put the payroll office address and make sure you include the postcode. Give me a shout if you need help :)