Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

HELP HELP!! about phone rip offs!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
please can someone telll me or even redirect me to the topic where someone was in trouble for signing up to a contract via poaches offering a real good deal for half price for 6 months. i recently got one thinking i had hit jackpot (how naive) but i called 3 today to say hello and they said i'd have to pay FULL price for the whole 18 months!! baisically i was promised £22.50 for 6 months but i just found out i have to pay the full £45.00!!

i have 14 day return policy so im gonna return it asap just needed to know what rights i have and all that palarva!

sorry if you guys are getting tired about this but i need to know the low-down URGENTLY please please please help!!! :shocking: :(:(

Comments

• Options
    Cancel any payments going out to what ever company it is and then tell them the problem and then say they can have the phone back.

What company was it who offered you the phone?
  • Options
    i only got the phone last week and i have barely used it so i dont think i need to cancel any payments. but when i return it tomorrow via recorded delivery i will call them thursday to get a deactivation code that i have to tell 3 so they can cancel my account. But any more advice will be eternally grateful!!

The company was a Welsh one called CDL (Communications Direct Limited, everyone beware of them!!!) and was apparently company of the year!! WHATEVER!! they are cheating and scheming moomins!!
  • Options
    Phone your bank or send them a letter (best thing to do) and tell them to stop any payments to either 3 or Communications Direct Limited or who ever the bill goes to just in case they decide to take money out of your account when their not supposed to.
  • Options
    PS: Are you sure it's not money back after certain months like most cheap contracts are?
  • Options
    they said it was £22.50 for six months but they didnt say i'd have to pay £45.00 the wehole 18 months and then send my 6th, 9th and 11th bill to them to claim back. if i knew that then i would've said HELL NO to the offer.

its a good job i read the small print so now im waiting till 10am to call them up and say you can have it back. :no: