Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Men crying...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what do you think? Do you believe men should not show there emontions or do you like the fact that your boyfriend is comfortable enough to let his senitive side show.

Personally I'm glad my boyfriend can share things with me and is comfortable enough not to worry about crying in front of me, I like people who are kind, caring and senitive.

Guys do you feel able to show you emontions in front of your girlfriend?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ---
    it weirds me out to see a guy crying, in fact i really don't like it. but i guess i'd rather him cry than him to keep all his feelings bottled up and not show his emotions.
    i like it when they cry. lol not in a saddistic way, just the rest of the time they're (mostly) all macho and manly and it's just nice to see that they do have feelings afterall! it is sad when you see one cry though, 'cause you know that they have to be really upset to cry.
    My boyfriend started crying last night be he was so happy and he loved me so much.
    a couple of years ago when i broke up with an ex, he started crying and then threw up. that was pretty bad :(
    It wouldn't bother me if mr scyther cried if it was for good reason (parents dying/his brother's accident etc) but I had a boyfriend a few years ago who cried at everything. He listened to REM and had a picture of Michael Stipes ass.

I don't like boys crying :no:
    It's perfectly fine with me.
    Its ackward and I hate it. I once made my man cry and I have never felt worse in my life. I felt like absolute shit.
    lipsy wrote:
    a couple of years ago when i broke up with an ex, he started crying and then threw up. that was pretty bad :(

when my ex came to break up with me he started crying, and then he went to tell my mum to make sure she looked after me and she said he was snivvling then and it made her cry!
    I've cried in front of girlfriends before. Some of us do it more often than others - we're all different :).
    Only done it a couple of times, I think I may have been a bit drunk...I don't show any emotions anyway. Quite irritating.
    my_name wrote:
    Its ackward and I hate it. I once made my man cry and I have never felt worse in my life. I felt like absolute shit.

Same here. When I broke up with my last boyfriend he cried, and I hated myself for a little bit. It's horrible. But I've only cried in front on a couple of ex's.
    I guess it just depends.

I'm in a LDR and when we are at the end of our time together and know we aren't going to see each other for ages then we both cry. I quite like it since it means I'm not the only one crying (I always start it off).

But yes crying is quite an awkward thing. In general I mean.
    i have cried, and still can do, but generally only when somthing really bad happens
    i've only done it a few times. at an aunts funeral, when a ex moved back to cananda, and alot when my wife left.
    I'm a very emotional person (not meaning i cry and everything) but in a good way, i'm normally the one all my friends come to when they have problems, but with recent events the only ppl i've been able to talk to is my best mate, another friend who had something similar and mother-in-law. None of my other friends seem to understand.
    But normally i let my emotions build up and try to work them out myself. but then sometime the best thing is a hug.
    Openly crying in front of women should be avoided at all costs.

Won't do you any favours unless your bird is obsessed with you.

Known a couple of people crying to their girlfriends before and it's seriously cringeworthy. Both got the boot soon afterwards as i'd expected.
    My boyfriend has cried in front of me a few times and I felt a bit uncomfortable but I am like that with anyone who cries male or female.
    i dont mind, but it can make me feel abit uncomfortable, but that's only bcos guys cry less and generally it isnt a common thing to see, so its a shock when it happens
    I've only seen my boyfriend cry a couple of times, and all with good reason.

I'd find it very awkward if he (or any other men I know) cried frequently with little or no reason (like when they were watching Terms of Endearment for instance), but generally I don't think that's the case.

Seeing my Dad cry was the worst feeling in the world, it nearly broke my heart :(
    My ex has cried on loads of occassions in terms of our relationship. It's hard as we're testing the waters of seeing each other over xmas...but with the inpending likelyhood of not going out during uni, it's really stressful. Everytime we argue tears tend to fall. It scares me because it's coupled with comments relating to me being the be all and end all of his life.

It's fine with me (crying I mean), but seeing him cry is heartbreaking and usually provokes me. Tis a tangled web. A real bad one.
    I could feel this threads' emo vibes from another website.

Guys who cry are emo pussies. If you need to do it, don't do it infront of people - least of all your girlfriend.
    Kiezo wrote:
    I could feel this threads' emo vibes from another website.

Guys who cry are emo pussies. If you need to do it, don't do it infront of people - least of all your girlfriend.

I wish i could be this manly. :(
    lol Renzo, we all do LOL.
    I've only cried once in front of a group of girls, it was after a man slagged off my aunty who's dead and just a load of other shit like.
    I like my men to be in touch wi fem side a little ,but I like em manly as well!!
    People expressing emotion doesn't bother me...

I don't like expressing it myself though, I feel like I'm being weak and letting people down.
    i only remember crying once, that was when my dad left when i was 8........most upset i got recently was when i found out my mum had cancer, but i still didn't cry.......probably the only thing that would do it is losing a relative, i remember being close to tears when me grandad passed away a couple years back, i kept thinking i must be a cold bastard because i wasn't very emotional, but i think we all deal with things in our own way.........btw lol @ your sig kiezo, class.
    I don't like expressing it myself though, I feel like I'm being weak and letting people down.

Why? We all cry and get down from time to time. There's no such thing as the perfect human...except me of course!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    People expressing emotion doesn't bother me...
    Exactly. It's not "manly" or "womanly", it's natural.

[quoteI don't like expressing it myself though, I feel like I'm being weak and letting people down.[/QUOTE]
    You don't always have to be strong. I'm trying to learn that too...