Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Friend...problem!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so as some of you will know there was this girl i am friends with and really liked so i asked out, but she said no then gave me a lot of mean reasons which were lies as to why she wouldnt go out with me, instead of just telling me she wasnt attracted to me, which i was prepared for.

Anyway, now she is acting strange towards me. Sinc ei asked her out, she has been nasty to me. I mean she was always nasty and selfish, but not to me before. Now, if i say, "hello, how was uni?" she goes crazy at me talking about how i know nothing of the real world or having a job because i work for my family busines and they dont count. only jobs for other people count as "real" work! this from a girl who has only ever worked for her parents and plans to be a singer when she finishes uni and never have a "real" job!
She is even ignoring emails and text messages, then tells me she is too busy to reply to them when we do eventually speak!

Why is she acting like a bitch, even though im cool with just been friends, which was her idea?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for the help everyone...
    i can't see how having no patience and being sarcastic is going to get people offering you advice.

btw, just my take on it. why the hell would you ask her out if she's 'nasty and selfish'? i think it's simple what you have to do, forget about her!
    Well since this post got ignored for ages and was about to been bumped off the front page i thought it best to move it up the top.

and like i said, she wasnt selfish or nasty to me before, just suddenly she has turned like this an di have no idea why? it was all her idea to just be friends.
    i can't see how having no patience and being sarcastic is going to get people offering you advice.

btw, just my take on it. why the hell would you ask her out if she's 'nasty and selfish'? i think it's simple what you have to do, forget about her!

my take too though - what's the point if that's what she's like?????
    was ignored for ages, like 1 day? deary me.
    that what i was thinking
    well if you dont post on it, it moves down the list you see, and when it does that it eventually ends up on another page and since no one looks at other pages, what else was i suppose to do except post a blank message just to keep it circulating, you see thats how the site works unless it has changed all of sudden...

Also, sorry that i have just lost one of my few friends and am unhappy about it and wanted advice. i wont bother asking for advice anymore, i will just take the piss out of other people from now on, how about that?
    subject13 wrote:
    acting strange towards me.

been nasty to me

she was always nasty and selfish!

Why is she acting like a bitch

she sounds lovely.

why are you even bothered when according to you she's nasty?!
    But she hasn't been nasty to me, until just now.
    Surely you all have friends who are just that kind of person? They think about themselves first then other people? I only know like 4 people who are not like that, everyone else is.

Anyway, my views are biased at the moment in how i describe her because of how she is acting, hence why i wanted an impartial opinion.
    and i've given you mine.

no funnily enough i don't stay friends with nasty people for very long!!
    Talking from experience, if you tell someone that you fancy them, they WILL act strange towards you...
    yup, cunt of a situation .. usually helps to get someone to investigate!
    subject13 wrote:
    well if you dont post on it, it moves down the list you see, and when it does that it eventually ends up on another page and since no one looks at other pages, what else was i suppose to do except post a blank message just to keep it circulating, you see thats how the site works unless it has changed all of sudden...

Also, sorry that i have just lost one of my few friends and am unhappy about it and wanted advice. i wont bother asking for advice anymore, i will just take the piss out of other people from now on, how about that?

erm i glance through posts i havnt read, i do look at past pages, where does it say everyone doesnt?

assumption is the mother of all fookups
    she sounds immature and now doesn't know how to act. so shes being a bitch to put you off her, to stop you fancying her etc.

my advice: give her space.
    and everyone else, stop giving him a hard time ffs.
    Lipsy is the best person here! Real advice and a nice person!
    what 'cause she didn't say something you didn't want to hear?
    God, you are a tol arn't you lucifer?

She gave some ADVICE! That is all i was asking for, a little impartial advice.
    subject13 wrote:
    That is all i was asking for, a little impartial advice.

Mate, we don't offer you loans.

Have you ever thought of being an adult and actually talking to her, rather than asking strangers who tell you the most obvious advice which clearly is at the end of your nose and being rude?
    You have probably scared her a bit and shes not sure how to react so just give her space. Maybe even ignore her coz then she'll realises shes being weird and come back and be nice.
    subject13 wrote:
    God, you are a tol arn't you lucifer?

She gave some ADVICE! That is all i was asking for, a little impartial advice.

yes and i gave you some! if she's so nasty don't bother with her. simple as, imo.
    Well i have given her loads of space, like for a month with out talking to her then i find she is ignoring me.

Why should she be scared off though? Loads of her friends have asked her out and she has said no and they still been friends after. This is no different, hence why i dont get why she is behaving liek this.

1983, have you ever thought of bot been so retarded? I have tried to talking to her, once she turned me down i was cool with it and was ready to just be friends, she is completely ignoring me hence why i needed advice. the only friends i have who know her are her brother and sister and they dont even know about any of this so strangers in a forum for advice like this was my LAST option!
    subject13 wrote:
    1983, have you ever thought of bot been so retarded?

I'll take that as NOT retarded. Have you ever thought of just listening to people's honesty here, and being adult enough to accept it?
    subject13 wrote:
    I have tried to talking to her, once she turned me down i was cool with it and was ready to just be friends

See, we didn't know that you'd already tried. If she's being a prick, then obviously the friendship wasn't that strong in the first place and you should really just move on. End of.
    subject13 wrote:
    The only friends i have who know her are her brother and sister and they dont even know about any of this so strangers in a forum for advice like this was my LAST option!

..What? Clearly if it meant SO much to you, you'd not give two shits whether you should ask them about your problems as they've probably spoken to her about why she's giving you the rubber ear. They'd give constructive advice because they know her the best, etc.

Obviously, internet strangers aren't your last option. They're your third last option. Then your friend's siblings, then talking to her until she finally hears you out.
    So if she's being a cunt, tell her (it) to fuck off the next time she's mean to you.
    Don't waste your time on her.
    Claire? Is that you?
    Eh?
    subject13 wrote:
    Claire? Is that you?
    no bad seed is a bloke :p (i think)
    ah, just had one of those moments, Deja vou...
    bad seed wrote:
    So if she's being a cunt, tell her (it) to fuck off the next time she's mean to you.
    Don't waste your time on her.

exactly.

if someone's mean to you why put up with it through choice?

there are nicer people out there that are actually worth bothering with. :yes:
    Mel-H wrote:
    no bad seed is a bloke :p (i think)

You think right ;)