Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How much to you spend on your bf/gf at Xmas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Question's in the title really!

I've been with my bf for 18 months, and last xmas we set a limit of £100 each and the same this year. I actually spent £165 on him last year tho!

This year, I've bought him shoes, a tshirt (tho I might return that) and something for his iPod - all of which come to very nearly £100. I've also bought him quite a few little stocking filler type things. I only ordered the iPod thing today and I think he'd prefer that to the tshirt, hence why the tshirt might be going back.

I know he's bought me a DVD Recorder and a couple of DVDs which adds up to just over £100. As far as I know he won't be buying anything else.

What about everyone else? Just wondered if £100 was an average, or excessive or otherwise! :blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Think £50 is the most I've ever spent on a fella for xmas or his birthday. Spent about £25 on current fella....although he did tell me I wasn't to spend more than £5 on him. Have got him 6 presents though for that all of which I know he either wants or will love.

To me cost doesn't matter with presents, it's the thought and time thats gone into finding things that the other person will get pleasure out of that matters.
    Kazbo wrote:
    To me cost doesn't matter with presents, it's the thought and time thats gone into finding things that the other person will get pleasure out of that matters.

That's how I managed to spend £165 last year.. :blush:
    I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year and a half last year we set a budget of £40 for Christmas, this year we haven't set one. I've bought him some Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet and a jumper from burtons which might go back as I've seen some cheaper and just as nice in Tesco. Also got him a yearly cinema pass but that comes out of my account monthly. If you add the total price of the cinema pass to the other stuff its over £150 but at the end of the day the pass is saving us a lot throughout the year.
    I spent ova £150 on loads of little things i know he will like and want!!!!

I kept seeing things and thought he'd like it so i got it and before i knew it i'd spent a fortune!
    Kazbo wrote:

I've spent about £25-30 on my boyfriend, he give me strick intrustions not to spend too much on him, as he knows money is a bit tight at the moment as I have just had to pay me rent for my flat for January and my next student loan payment is not for about 3 weeks.

But I must admit that i think he will still love the presents that i have brought him, as I have put a lot of thought into them and they all have memories attached to them about our first year together.
    I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and i've spent a silly amount on him this christmas, which he has told me off for!!...i've been buying presents slowly since the summer and so didn't realise how much i'd forked out till i sat down and worked it out...i've brought him a few things that he doesn't neessarily need but i know he'll love, so i cant wait to see his face on xmas day :heart:
    I'm a bit poor this year but i've spent £180, i would have loved to have bought him more but i think there is a point where you just have to say stop! I don't really think about the money or set a limit, if i think he'll like something i'll get it, and then maybe cry at my bank balance after :p He does spend a lot on me though and i just feel bad that i can't keep up with him, but it's the thought that counts and all that :thumb:
    The most I've spent on a single present was £75 a few years ago for his birthday. I'd say we normally spend about £30 on each other on average. This year it'll be a little more as I have to buy stuff to put in his stocking which he is having since we are staying at my Dad's house on christmas eve...
    I've never had a stocking before but my otha half has got me one this year n filled it....oh i cant wait! 6days to go!!!! :hyper:
    It depends how much money I have. I've spent about £30 this year as I don't have much money, but I'd rather get him cheaper things that he would appreciate than expensive things he wouldn't like. Its the same with all of my family, too.
    aint getting nothing this year, we ain't been together that long :p.
    if i only had someone to buy me something :yeees:
    £200 last year. £265 this year. :/
    i'm single for a change, which is good for the bank balance at least......
    well for his birthday i spent £70 which he was cross at 'cause it was more than he spent on me for my birthday. we've split up now, but i would've spent upto £100.
    £480, and we kinda decided yesterday that we'd stop trying to piece our relationship back together! Fucking fantastic! :crying: Anyone want a Pink moto v3?!

meh
    JJ454 wrote:
    Anyone want a Pink moto v3?!

meh

For free, of course! :p
    JJ454 wrote:
    £480, and we kinda decided yesterday that we'd stop trying to piece our relationship back together! Fucking fantastic! :crying: Anyone want a Pink moto v3?!

meh

Owch! I'll take the phone though ;)
    £480? why that much?!
    haha, come and pick it up from Stroud :razz:

I'm keeping the Ipod nano though :D
    £480? why that much?!
    Just kind of happened really, she wanted the phone, the iPod was kind of a surprise, then just like silly little bits. My friends and I don't buy presents for each other, so just the parents and that was all I had to buy, either that or waste my bonus on getting para!
    JJ454 wrote:

meh

Can't you return some of it?
    Little_one wrote:
    Can't you return some of it?
    The phone had to be back in 7 days, I'd already uploaded all her favourite albums to the iPod and the rest of it I just can't be bothered, more hassle than it's worth.

Win some you lose some! I've got my friends and family around me for christmas, so in the great scheme of things, I couldn't care less!
    JJ454 wrote:

Win some you lose some! I've got my friends and family around me for christmas, so in the great scheme of things, I couldn't care less!

Well at least you are keeping positive.
    i've been with my bf 2 and half years roughly, first year i've actually had my own money to spend, i brought him a ben sherman watch, a chain and a book that he wanted which all came to bout £50 i will probably buy him some novelty boxers and socks too.
    JJ454 wrote:
    The phone had to be back in 7 days, I'd already uploaded all her favourite albums to the iPod and the rest of it I just can't be bothered, more hassle than it's worth.

Sell the phone on ebay :thumb:
    And keep the iPod :yes:
    Man, I'll have the pink phone :D
    Man, I'll have the pink phone :D

I said first :p
    me and my boyfriend normally spend about £150 but always went over, this year we bought a house so we decided on a budget of about £50, will prob still go over but not by much!