Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

King Kong

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who's gonna see it?

I think I'll wait a few weeks - my cousin is coming inthe first week of January hope it's still on the big screens by then
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Sunday... Sunday Sunday Sunday.... Have read lots and lots of great reviews... 3 hours are meant to be very worth it.
  • Options
    I'd see it if I wanted to spend $10 to take a nap.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I watched it last week. I was disappointed personally. As my_name says, it gets very boring from about the middle and later. He should have made it a shorter movie.

The only things I liked about it were a few funny scenes and the fact that the movie's trailer is largely deceptive.
  • Options
    KONG YOUR WHOPPER!!

Thats what burger king say :D
  • Options
    King Kong has gotten its ass kicked by the Chronicles of Narnia you know! Still neither has been as big as Harry Potter!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    my_name wrote:
    I'd see it if I wanted to spend $10 to take a nap.

How do you know its shit?

Someone better see it before Saturday coming up, cos I might, and need to know if it is good.
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty damn boring. I only really liked the bit where King Kong and the dinosaurs fight.

My friend (a boy) loved it though.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Someone better see it before Saturday coming up, cos I might, and need to know if it is good.
    I saw it.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Zalbor wrote:
    I saw it.
    :D Heh... well, is it good?
  • Options
    im going to see it this afternoon
  • Options
    i saw it on sunday, it was pretty good, tad long i thought, drawn out..still pretty good.

7/10
  • Options
    I thought it was good. Didn't seem like I was at the cinema for over three hours.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :D Heh... well, is it good?
    Um, I gave my opinion just above.
  • Options
    rargh

i saw it tonight, and while it seemed to drag for a while at the begining, it turned out to be bloody brilliant in the end
  • Options
    I saw it the other day. Wasn't really that keen to go but my boyfriend was desperate to see it. I actually really enjoyed it. thought it dragged a wee bit in the middle but was pretty good. I'd recommend it!
  • Options
    i think i'll pass on the film it looks scary :nervous:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Because its about a giant monkey.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Because its about a giant monkey.

lol :hyper:

there is only ONE crappy 2 screen cinema on the isle of man where i am now and it isnt even showing king kong :( i really want to see it!!

instead they are showing harry potter and narnia and king kong is coming out here on the 13th of january :mad: annoying!!!!

im going to go see narnia in about an hour though :) better be good!!! i can just tell im not gonna like it as much as im gonna like king kong
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    lol :hyper:

there is only ONE crappy 2 screen cinema on the isle of man where i am now and it isnt even showing king kong :( i really want to see it!!

instead they are showing harry potter and narnia and king kong is coming out here on the 13th of january :mad: annoying!!!!

im going to go see narnia in about an hour though :) better be good!!! i can just tell im not gonna like it as much as im gonna like king kong

I dont' know which is worse, a movie about a giant monkey, or a "serious" movie with horridly cheap looking talking animals. There is not enough pot in the world to get me to watch that.
  • Options
    king kong was alot for fun and no way a bad
  • Options
    Saw Kong a couple of days ago and it was the best film i've seen in ages, had everything. 9/10 for me.
  • Options
    I didn't really enjoy it... u dont even see him until like 10 hours into the film, there are some impressive effects but not a great film ... 5/10
  • Options
    I'm not well im a sucker when it comes to sad films lol! And aprantly its suppose to be really bad but i dont no if it is true.