Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So confused!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was out on Friday night for my works xmas night out and we went to a club after. In the club I bumped into my ex who I haven't seen for about 3 years. We got talking and we have arranged to meet up today. Anyway the problem is that my feelings for him have all come rushing back and I know he wants me back. Another problem is that I am already with someone but I think I love him but am not in love with him. I just can't see anything happening with the guy I am with and since it is a long distance relationship it makes it even harder to be with him.

Sorry if this doesn't make a bit of sense but I am so confused. My head has been totally spining all weekend. If anyone has any advise it would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm... if you're not in love with the guy you are currently with, then you should end it. In my opinion, carrying on with your ex isn't a hot idea. The chances are you are infactuated with him at the moment, and this will drastically blur your view of your current partner.

It's easy to be in love with the memories of someone you onced loved. There will be a reason why it didn't work out; focus on that.

You'd be able to make the right decision about a future with your ex if you weren't clouded by the current relationship you are in. First priority has to be your current partner - if things aren't working out how you'd like, then either address it or walk away. Don't look upon your ex as an easy way out - he probably isn't. Bouncing from a relationship you're not 100% happy with straight into a new one(albeit with someone you already know) rarely works. People can change a lot in 3 years, whether for the good or the bad, nobody can answer.

Good luck :).
    your feelings might have come rushing back but what about during those 3 years, did you want him back then or is it just 'cause you think the grass might be greener?
    its ok i just remembered how much of an ass he was/is!
    hehe good stuff!