Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I delete cookies?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to delete my internet history from my PC like what things I have searched for and where I have been.

How do I do this? (I searched but couldn't find it)

Also, are there any specific disadvantages of doing this?

I haven't done anything illegal or anything I just want to make it so when I search on google etc it doesn't display previous searches etc.

Comments

• Options
    On my computer I just have to go to My computer then onto documents and settings > cookies. Then click em to delete.
  • Options
    You might also wanna delete your history if its something you don't want others seeing.
  • Options
    remember if you delete cookies then it will normally remove any saved usernames and passwords that you might have on the computer for logging in to websites and such.
  • Options
    I have done that and something definately happened as on here I had to log in instead of it remembering who I was.

But when I go on google it still displays my previous searches. Any ideas how to get rid of this?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I have done that and something definately happened as on here I had to log in instead of it remembering who I was.

But when I go on google it still displays my previous searches. Any ideas how to get rid of this?

ooh, you had to log back in becuase the cookie stored on your pc that told thesite that you were...you, was deleted along with the others. (not that that's a problem if you know your password :) )

in IE, tools > internet options >

in the general tab, in the "temporary internet files" bit, delete cookies, delete files
    then below that - "clear history"

then in the content tab, click "auto complete" then "clear forms" to get rid of your google search history.

or, you could get microsoft antispyware that'll do that all for you at a click of a button :thumb:

if you want, you can also set it (where it says "clear history" as previously mentioned) so it doesn't remember your history. just set it to 0 days. :yes:

of course, if your sensible & use firefox, these instructions wont be much use :p
  • Options
    gund_cookie2.jpg
  • Options
    another way is to hover the mouse over the items you want to remove in the google search thingy and press delete key and they will be removed from the list.
  • Options
    If you are using Mozilla Firefox, you can go to
    Tools>Option
    In there you can see the a "Lock" Icon (Privacy) then select cookies.
    You either delete all the cookies or clear all informations gathered by the browser :)