Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to deal with interview jitters......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So how does everyone else prepare themselves for a job interview? I have one tomorrow and i can feel it already starting to get to me, kind of like a huge knot twisting in my stomach........i just don't think i've had much experience, i had my first one ever only a few weeks ago which was good practice i suppose, and i got the job, but i was an internal candidate and had already been there 6 months so i think it's a bit different........i was still nervous as hell, couldn't get any sleep the night before etc.........i say to myself all i can do is just run over what they're gonna ask etc and give it my best but it's still not very reassuring, i think i'm shitting myself because this could be my big break, the job involves working for a consultancy firm on the stock exchange, so you can imagine i feel a bit out of my depth........i had the first stage HR telephone interview last week where they ask you about your strengths and weaknesses, scenario based questions etc and i must have done alright because they've called me back for a final interview on my technical skills.......i'm not the kind of person who'll bottle it and not go but any tips would be welcome, think i'm gonna go for a swim to get my mind off it for now but i'm not looking forward to trying to get to sleep tonight, luckily interview's in the afternoon so hopefully i won't be feeling too rough........how does everyone else cope?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Job interviews - Here you can find some tips about questions you might want to ask them. Knowing a bit about the company and asking questions about the job you're applying for etc. could be helpful.

You can also look here to find out how to act. I.e. body language etc - which can be quite helpful as the job interview is a major part of getting the job.

You can also spice up your CV and get some tips there. Experience is very good when applying for a job - whether it's a summer job or a permanent job experience. As you said you don't have any experience, you will have to convince them verbally that you know what to say, never doubt when you talk etc.

Good luck. :)