Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Let down big time!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought my boyf of 4 years a holiday for his birthday (i wanted something speical) and he threw it back in my face. We have now broken up and i feel fine about the break up but alot of friends and family got invovled when a girl he 'apparently' slept with whilst we were together, came up to me to tell me. Im finding it hard to sleep, eat and i keep crying. I dont understand why because i have accepted the fact that i dont love him or want to be with him-i just feel majorly let down by everyone who knew about what he did and they let me carry on being a mug!

Comments

• Options
    i hope you get the holiday!! u deserve it!! if he's got the tickets and wont return them, contact the travel company!!
    Glad you've accepted his feelings, id feel so let down if i were u, so i think you're normal!
  • Options
    wow thats great present to give someone. i agree with sugar :yes: if he doesn't give them back contact the travel company either cancel the tickets or transfer your name to them
  • Options
    I agree, if you have the tickets take your best mate with you, have a good time relax, just think he's the obvious arse hole as he is missing out on someone who would do something so nice for him :)

if he has the tickets contact the travel agents and tell them that you have loast them and want to change a name on one of the tickets aswell,it will probably cost you about £25 to change the name but im sure it will be worth it.

have fun, try to forget about him.

as for the people that knew im not so sure, if they were mutual friends maybe they were just stuck in the middle? i know thats no excuse. also i cant see the point of them telling you now, telling you at the time would have been usefull but...
    i would tell them what i thort about the way that they had treated me and see what they had to say
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about what happened. Talking from personal experience, telling the person who has been cheated on can cause all sorts of problems. The person you tell won't believe you. Responses can be anything from "you are just jealous" to "I know he loves me and would never do that", etc. At the same time, he finds out and you get treated like muck. My brother has lost two good friends from doing the "right thing". Now he has just decided to stay out of such situations.
  • Options
    He's a frooking coward.

Couldn't agree more. Do not take him back if he says he's sorry - no matter what. If he has the tickets, do what the others here has told you - cancel them immediately.
  • Options
    He's so ungrateful you're better off without him.
  • Options
    Thankyou everyone. i now know after 4 yr that i can do better. But i did lose the holiday and the money and he doesnt give a shit...so i hope he does come crawling back so i can kick him in the face!