Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Champions League draw

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Chelsea vs. Barcelona

Madrid vs. Arsenal

Bremen vs. Juventus

Bayern vs. Milan

PSV vs. Lyon

Ajax vs. Inter

Benfica vs. Liverpool

Rangers vs. Villareal

Bring on the arse! :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jesus you were quick!

Living in Gibraltar I follow the Spanish league as much as I do the Premiership... and can I be the first to say Visca Barca!
    Well it could have been worse for the Gers. I'm happy with that. Villareal are by no means a walk in the park but part of me is glad we missed out on the big names but then part of me wishes we had got Barca or Madrid.

I'm sure we'll meet one of them in the final. That is unless we put them out on route ;) :thumb:
    Exactly who I wanted although I do wish us and Real could've met at our peaks. :(
    Are you going to Madrid?
    Man what a draw. Always wanted Arsenal to play Madrid, should be a cracker.
    Braineater wrote:
    Exactly who I wanted although I do wish us and Real could've met at our peaks. :(

Think Real might have walked it at your peaks. Think you have possibly got the edge this season though, braineater. Madrid are past their prime, and their defence is non existent. Think Terry Henry could run riot.

The two London vs Spanish encounters promise to be excellent games, I've not seen the dates yet, but I'm hoping they'll be on separate nights so I can watch them both.

Feels weird not having my team there to cheer on, but I'm looking on the bright side - my wallet will be thirty quid lighter come february!!!! ;)
    PSV v Lyon will be a good'un. :yes:
    Best match of the draw guys? What are your oppinions.

Ajax v Inter is up there, but Real V Arse will get my viewing I think!
    Arse vs. Madrid should be good. But scum vs. scum (sorry, Chelsea vs. Barcelona) should be even better.

I should simply watch that game and laugh at the loser, whoever it might turn up to be.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Are you going to Madrid?

Tickets for that will be like gold dust as you can imagine although I have my contacts ;) I'm looking forward to the Highbury game more tbh. Both should be classic European nights. Should be an absolute shitload of goals.

Manickev, it may be true Madrid have a poor defence but Madrid will make mincemeat of our midfield and there's always the possibility of African Nations Cup injuries which would really screw us over. Fabregas should be up for it though, being a Barça boy. ;)

It's months away and yet I'm already excited. :hyper:
    Here's to Chelski getting a pasting :thumb:
    Kermit wrote:

Seconded.

Hope the Arse do OK though. They deserve it because they have never done it over the last few seasons when they have been phenomenal in the league. This season, its funny, they seem to have found their feet in europe, but can't get it quite right in the league. That's football I suppose :chin:
    Braineater wrote:
    Tickets for that will be like gold dust as you can imagine although I have my contacts ;) I'm looking forward to the Highbury game more tbh. Both should be classic European nights. Should be an absolute shitload of goals.
    Getting tickets off a tout shouldn't be as expensive as you would expect over here... I reckon you could score tickets for as little as £60 or even slightly less.

And even if you cannot get in at the end there are plenty of bars to watch the game in, and plenty of nightlife to keep you busy afterwards. :D
    Kermit wrote:

...and the Arse.

Anyone else noted how Liverpool seem to be getting an easy draw like last year... and yes, I can see the irony between my comment and the fact that Benfica knocked us out...
    Chelsea and Barca should be a cracker, winner of that should go onto win the whole thing.

Liverpool got off quite lucky so happy with that.

Oh and how did Liverpool have an easy draw last year, Juve and Chelsea and you're saying that's easy :crazyeyes
    Well it could have been worse for the Gers. I'm happy with that. Villareal are by no means a walk in the park but part of me is glad we missed out on the big names but then part of me wishes we had got Barca or Madrid.

I'm sure we'll meet one of them in the final. That is unless we put them out on route ;) :thumb:

We've got a good chance of getting past them, if we're at full strength then i'd be tempted to stick £100 on us.

In Europe McLeish's organisational skills are an asset - especially away from home where it counters continental team's creative license.

Apparently the Villareal fans also have a bit of a love in with celtic, they have a habit of flying tricolours and wearing the hoops, should spice things up a bit :D
    turlough wrote:
    Oh and how did Liverpool have an easy draw last year, Juve and Chelsea and you're saying that's easy :crazyeyes

Chelsea I'll give you, that was tough.

But it was a poor Juve team (when you look at who they could have played in that round), they'd previously played Leverkusen and before that had a relatively easy group.

Remember the team you met in the final were who United had in the first knockout round...