Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why the hell....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.....are preganancy tests so blinking expensive? I had unprotected sex with my man on sunday night and haven't been able to get hold of a MAP, so now I'm all in a panic; I want to take a pregnancy test but they're all about 20 quid and I'm broke until i get paid next week! Is there anywhere I can get hold of a test for less money or for free?

Comments

• Options
    Get your behind down to your local family planning clinic or the like. Also, remember that modern pregnancy tests wont give you a proper reading till the day that your period is meant to begin.
  • Options
    Boots own brand which I have used are only £7.99 for one test or £8.99 for two. Even their Digital test are only £12.99 for two. I think it depends on the brand.
  • Options
    Can you explain that a bit more?? I've jst gone back on the pill, so does that mean my natural period or my pill-period? Or does that count as the same thing?? And will they give me a free test at the family planning clinic?
  • Options
    a pregnancy test wouldnt work until the first day your period was due anyway. Even if you have concieved, a pregnancy test would come up negative till then anyway so save your money.
    Theyre not £20 anyway, In boots, clearblue and early response tests are £8.99 and they are the top of the range ones.
  • Options
    asda's own brand ones are a fiver.

it usually takes about 10 -16 days after conception for pregnancy hormones to become high enough to show up in any sort of test. to do one now would be a complete waste of time and money.
  • Options
    You can get free pregnancy testing at some FPA clinics, and I know Marie Stopes do free pregnancy testing - for both, you just have to drop in.

You can also buy pregnancy testing kits online in bulk. Women who are trying to get pregnant sometimes do this.

You can also get fitted with a coil 5 days after unprotected sex assuming you've got tomorrow to make an emergency appointment.
  • Options
    The doctor will do it for free but if you don't want to wait Tesco do them fior about £5 or £8 for a pack of tw or something similar. Good luck with it :)
  • Options
    Cheers guys, will wait a couple of weeks and pop down to the clinic. Fingers crossed.....
  • Options
    i've prob sayin everything other people are sayin but go to the family planning clinic or your GP. they will give you a pregnancy test for free.

xx sauce xx :wave:
    .....are preganancy tests so blinking expensive? I had unprotected sex with my man on sunday night and haven't been able to get hold of a MAP, so now I'm all in a panic; I want to take a pregnancy test but they're all about 20 quid and I'm broke until i get paid next week! Is there anywhere I can get hold of a test for less money or for free?
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    The doctor will do it for free but if you don't want to wait Tesco do them fior about £5 or £8 for a pack of tw or something similar. Good luck with it :)

thats just so cool cause you can get tescos points on them as well, to pay for your booze if you are not pregnant, or baby stuff if you are
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    thats just so cool cause you can get tescos points on them as well, to pay for your booze if you are not pregnant, or baby stuff if you are
    yay :thumb:
    win/win situation!