Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Work xmas party!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When is yours and what are you doing?

My works xmas party is tonight and we get a bouffet and free drinks all night becuase the partners of the firm are putting a tab behind the bar! :hyper:

Comments

• Options
    mines tonight, we're going for a Thai meal and then pub/club after. work paying for all the drinks at the meal. SO by time we're in the pub we plan to get the managers drunk and put all the drinks on their company credit cards
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Ours has been cancelled :eek2: bastards!!

:shocking: how come?!
  • Options
    free pissup next friday at a pub, should be good crack, unlimited booze etc..

cant wait, altho at the moment i dont feel like drinking anything.
  • Options
    ours is next friday, were going for an xmas carvery, no free drinks though! :no:
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Ours has been cancelled :eek2: bastards!!
    WHAT!!!! thats just not very nice. who do we need to give a kick to get it going again. cancelling xmas party thats not keeping with the holiday spirt
  • Options
    We're off out tonight, just a normal night out in town, not sure if I'm going yet. We had a meal at a cavery with the residents last Monday (I work in an alcohol rehab that has 5residents in the main house and 8off site). Going for a staff meal Monday afternoon and then we've got the christmas social afternoon on Tuesday where we have a buffet, karoke etc and the residents can invite family and friends. I'm gonna be about 10stone heavier.
  • Options
    Ours was last night... so could everyone post very quietly please
  • Options
    Ok we will.....
  • Options
    monday is ours, meal at tigertiger then drinks aftewards. Had thhe xmas lunch with the team I am in on tuesday this week to. Was good. Looking forward to this monday one though. Could be getting well pissed lol.
  • Options
    We had a course "Christmas night out" from which most of the boring buggers went home early. When I get home I'm going to my old work's Christmas night out which involves getting as pissed as possible then going back to someone's flat to get stoned.

None of these classy parties and free buffets for me, then :p

It's weird where some people chose to have their Xmas party though, I was in the shadiest pub ever last night and smack bang in the middle of all the Jurrasic-age men drinking Old Speckled Hen were two long tables full of glam young things. Bizarro :lol:
  • Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    Jim V wrote:
    Ours was last night... so could everyone post very quietly please

WAAAAAY too loud mister Jim. *holds head*
  • Options
    I won't have one - fortunately :).
  • Options
    Got mine on Sunday at some restaurant but no free drinks, bastards!
  • Options
    Ours was Wednesday there, and it was held at Arta, which is a most posh club in the posh part of Glasvegas. :D

Was a hoot, I looked fab, my fake tan looked fab, and I shimmied/ballroom danced with the big boss of 3 Customer Services. Haha. We had a turkey dinner and 4 drinks free with your ticket.

Was pretty tame in comparison to other night outs I've went to, but was funny all the same.
  • Options
    We went out for a curry today for lunch. Just got back into work. Now tidying a few things up and going home in 5 mins. But we also went on a huge p*ss up last Friday and my little team will be going out for drinks one lunch time next week.
  • Options
    mine's next thursday

we're going to a pub near my boss's house, where we may have to pay for our own meal and drinks, and then have to perform a party piece or they'll give us one to do!!! :shocking:
  • Options
    We have our Christmas-type thing in January, but it's also like an award ceremony, and you have to pay to go, so fuck that.
    But the place I volunteer at had a small gathering thing after one of the sessions. Someone brought some beer and wine and mince pies. Wasn't too bad
  • Options
    Tonight :thumb:

I'm designated driver :(
  • Options
    Mine was at the end of November (two of the lads have/are away most of this month) we went out for a meal and the whole thing, inc. drinks was paid for by the bosses. We are proabaly going out on the piss next friday as well, and might even end up in the group nightclub for free!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    As I am a scummy student we don't have them. However, me and the girlies are going out for lunch on Wednesday and then hopefully a bit of a night out between now and Jan 9th.
  • Options
    Last night, it was at a nightclub, with buffet + free bar 'til the club opened to the public.
    I overindulged. Seriously disinhibited. Oh boy.
  • Options
    Mine STILL doesn't have a date (Can see it happening in January), but i suppose its a pub so finding a night when hardly any of us have to work can be hard. But when it does happen, we're going to another pub round the corner or the curryhouse for free food and booze, and going back to the pub i work in then for free bar all night. Fantastic :p
  • Options
    I actually work in a bar so ironically we don't get a christmas party. We wait til a quiet Sunday night in January to close the pub early and have a knees up, when all you poor bastards have credit card bills to pay off from xmas and can't afford a Sunday drink :p
  • Options
    i work in a bar so ours in new years day as its the only day we are closed over the xmas period. were going to another site and its free bar and a buffet, was good last year
  • Options
    We had two... one on the 2nd Dec (yes, THAT early) and one on the 16th. Free beer and food.

I had to miss both through dental problems. :|
  • Options
    ours was not last night but the saturday before. i only work sundays though and have been there 4 years now and most of my friends have left. i mean i know plenty of people but the people who were going..well i can think of better company and better ways to spend my money!