Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

please help asap

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im having trouble getting on my computer at home. when i turn it on it says something about a boot drive! and stays on that and wont let me get onto my desktop!! any advice would be fantastic!!! Asap thought because am on comp at skool and dont have much time! xxx

Comments

• Options
    What operating system are you using and give us more detail about the error message.
  • Options
    Well if your on a computer at school just tell the IT technician.
  • Options
    Sounds like your PC is having trouble finding a boot up. This could be from something as simple as having a floppy disk in the drive to something like a virus that has corrupt the hard drive or even a knackered drive.

But as already stated. We need more details. Operating System? Exact error message? What have you installed recently (Potentially something has overwritten something somewhere)?
  • Options
    Firstly check the cd-rom and floppy drives, and take the disks out if you find any.
  • Options
    Does it say "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" ?

Like the others said, make sure you don't have a floppy / cd-rom in the drive and try again.

Also, when the computer starts, in the black and white screen, it should detect or list the drives. Make sure it lists at least 2 drives (a hard drive and a CD-ROM)

post.jpg

It should look something like that, without the ZIP drive at a guess.
  • Options
    i think they wont be able to get on the internet at home to find out the information to fix it anyway :P

will have to wait till monday
  • Options
    What if they have broken up from school?

There out of luck now!