Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Iranian President says Holocaust is a myth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
See.

The barbarous ‘President’ of Iran that wants to wipe Israel off the map is also a Holocaust denier. And to think some people don't have a problem with this Muslim fundamentalist getting his hands on nuclear weapons is simply frightening.

Allowing a world where Iran possess nuclear weapons would be as reckless as inviting a gang of National Front supporters into a synagogue or mosque armed with dynamite.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thats that then, bombs away.
    See.

The barbarous ‘President’ of Iran that wants to wipe Israel off the map is also a Holocaust denier. And to think some people don't have a problem with this Muslim fundamentalist getting his hands on nuclear weapons is simply frightening.

Allowing a world where Iran possess nuclear weapons would be as reckless as inviting a gang of National Front supporters into a synagogue or mosque armed with dynamite.

Yes well, theres people with a nuclear bomb who believe that God gave them the deeds to land that has been occupied for hundreds of years ..............

Benny Elon gets to sit on the cabinet of a country with nuclear weapons - whats the difference?
    Ah bless, I've just realised that I have my own mention in FTP's signature.

La, la, la, la, la I can't hear you [/fingers in ears]
    Iran is a country in serious need of regime change.
    Wow, reduced to schoolboy behaviour when reality might force unpopular acknowledgements, MoK?

How interesting.
    Benny Elon gets to sit on the cabinet of a country with nuclear weapons - whats the difference?
    four year old news links!
    ---
    It's about time people realised that there are many many people, such as freethepeeps and Wankenstien who quietly believe the holocaust was a myth or like to pretend it was. A warped understanding of reality indeed.

I think you should back that post up.
    Yes well, theres people with a nuclear bomb who believe that God gave them the deeds to land that has been occupied for hundreds of years ..............

Yawn. How old is that article? And erm of what relevance is the Israeli tourism minister to Iran wanting nuclear weapons and Iran's president denying the Holocaust?

It's telling that when you posted on this thread you're post is an attack on Israel - seeing as the thread is about Iran's president denying the Holocaust I find it odd that you are unable to condemn that and instead make an ignorant anti-Israel remark. (Using a several year old article!)

Also, I think you'll find that the tourism minister doesn't really have much influence on Israeli defence matters, nor on any policies about 'transfer'. The odd fundamentalist might bring it up but anybody with any basic understanding of Israeli politics knows it's not going to happen.
    Yawn. How old is that article? And erm of what relevance is the Israeli tourism minister to Iran wanting nuclear weapons and Iran's president denying the Holocaust?

It's telling that when you posted on this thread you're post is an attack on Israel - seeing as the thread is about Iran's president denying the Holocaust I find it odd that you are unable to condemn that and instead make an ignorant anti-Israel remark. (Using a several year old article!)

Also, I think you'll find that the tourism minister doesn't really have much influence on Israeli defence matters, nor on any policies about 'transfer'. The odd fundamentalist might bring it up but anybody with any basic understanding of Israeli politics knows it's not going to happen.

Israel gave the man a seat on their cabinet - he mouthed off - The Iranian president mouths off - Iran doesn't have nuclear capability and Israel does.]

They also happen to be in the same region - which is why the question of who has nuclear capability and who doesn't, and who the rabid idealogues are is pertinent.

Oh yes, and one more tiny little point mr. high and mighty dis - go and see who mentioned Israel first in this thread.

:hyper:
    i remeber ronnie reagan calling the ussr the evil empire.
    i remember him saying ...we're going to destroy them ...sound familiar?
    and this was a guy with the worlds largest weaponry on the planet!
    Holocaust never happened. 6 Million Jews and countless other ethnic minorities in Europe just decided to head out for a pick-nick one day and the weather was so nice that they decided never to come back. Everyone knows that!
    Always amazed at the power of PR propaganda to sanitise away all consistency of principle from the minds of those who raise alarm bells at fiery rhetoric by lesser nations' leaders and yet have ready excuses or even applause for the actual ongoing unprovoked wars of aggression perpetrated by our own leaders.

Attacking other weaker nations is okay so long as its done with all the right supposed intentions, aka soundbites. Moral and ethical cowardice at its finest.
    It's about time people realised that there are many many people, such as freethepeeps and Wankenstien who quietly believe the holocaust was a myth or like to pretend it was. A warped understanding of reality indeed.

I've never heard freethepeeps or "Wankenstien" claim that the holocaust never happened, quit making things up in an attempt to smear them, it belittles us all.
    I think its bloody disgusting that anyone could say the Holocaust was a myth. Truely disgraceful.
    I know that the Holocaust happened - I know thatJews, Romanies, gays and other termed "anti-social" were exterminated in Nazi death camps.

The whole episode was disgusting and abhorrent without a shadow of a doubt.

I do not however see how any of that justifies Israel's beligerence, terror, murders and dispossession of an indigenous people.

The Nazis came from Europe not the middle east.
    If we can have nukes, they can have nukes.

The biggest aggressor in recent times is the UNited States and Israel- surely they're as dangerous as any "rogue" nation?
    When did Isreal get thir nukes? Its just coz int he 6 day war when they were being attacked by all their neighbours, if you were ever gona use nukes then surely that would have been the most tempting time, but they didn't use them.

The assertaion that the united sates and isreal have been the most aggressive is just opinion. I mean are you taking into acount civil conflicts? Surely a few of the African Nations and so one, who have been a constant state of war or civil war would qualify as more then the US or Israel?

There is also the question of sense and while the USA has all these nukes, have they used them since WWII?? Yet you have the President of Iran saying Israel should be "wiped off the map", then surely putting nukes int he hands of the that country is more then highly risky.
    The assertaion that the united sates and isreal have been the most aggressive is just opinion. I mean are you taking into acount civil conflicts?

How do you take into account civil wars when you are talking about foreign invasions? :rolleyes:
    Well it depends on what you count as conflict and aggression. I mean a few days armed foces coming then then biggering off again couldn't count againts a war raging for years and years. Tho of course afghanistan and Iraq don't count as one of those.

I mean the USa has alot of faults but is it really the devil incarnate people make out to be?
    Walkindude wrote:
    Yet you have the President of Iran saying Israel should be "wiped off the map", then surely putting nukes int he hands of the that country is more then highly risky.
    Ahmadinejad accused the Israeli government and its allies of hypocrisy and reiterated his view that Israel should be moved from "dear Palestine" to Europe, America or Canada.

"If your civilization consists of unjust acts, oppression and poverty for the majority of the globe to provide your own people welfare, then we shout at the top of our voices that we hate your frail civilization," he added.

So, erm, he says Israel should be moved - not nuked.......

I'm sure he's perfectly aware that nuking Israel would mean nuking Palestine and the neighbouring Arab countries.

He describes our "civilization" pretty accurately imho.

:)
    I mean the USa has alot of faults but is it really the devil incarnate people make out to be?

To be fair, the US government is only acting like all governments do everywhere. At the moment though, it's a 800lb gorrilla in a world of marmosets. it treats it's own citizens comparatively well, but it's treatment of people overseas is absolutely fucking awful and has been for maybe a century.

The only difference I can point to between the old USSR and the US is how it sets it's stall out domestically. The fact that we have had some serious favours off them in the past tends to blind the average man in the street to the US actions elsewhere. (With the help of the media, of course)
    well I think the media tide has turned ont he US, making it out to be worse then what it is, or at least exposing things that have been going on for years pre Bush Jnr and so making out that its so bad now under Bush, when it was always engaing those practices.

to the poster before, I know you have that quote their but it has been quoted several times in several sources as using the term "wiped off the mp", now I'm not saying he is openly caling for nuking but we all knwo politicians use double speak and selective language so they can get out of things later.

I mean with enough countries in the world with nukes, we don't need anymore anyway.
    Walkindude wrote:
    well I think the media tide has turned ont he US, making it out to be worse then what it is, or at least exposing things that have been going on for years pre Bush Jnr and so making out that its so bad now under Bush, when it was always engaing those practices.

to the poster before, I know you have that quote their but it has been quoted several times in several sources as using the term "wiped off the mp", now I'm not saying he is openly caling for nuking but we all knwo politicians use double speak and selective language so they can get out of things later.

I mean with enough countries in the world with nukes, we don't need anymore anyway.

Personally, I don't think there is justification for ANY country to have nuclear weapons.

However, for belligerent countries to cry foul play when other countries attempt to get them is hypocrisy of the highest form.

And if you wiped Israel off the map - it would read Palestine instead. Like what happened with Apartheid South Africa - the racists could choose to remain as equals in the eyes of the law, or go somewhere else.
    well I think you need themn in emergency circumstances, I mean people will laugh but what iff a comet or metor is heading for earth and you need to blow it iup or shift it off course? Or, and it may happen if there is an external threat to earth form somewhere. You can't be defenseless, no matter how idealistc you wanna be.
    Walkindude wrote:
    When did Isreal get thir nukes?
    No-one is entirely sure but some say the Israeli nuclear weapon programme is almost as old as the State of Israel itself. Look at this

They wouldn't be too willing to use nukes on their immediate neighbours though... seeing as they would find themselves uncomfortably close to their own bombs' fallout.

Current estimates put Israel's arsenal at between 100 and 200 nuclear warheads. Experts also suspect stockpiles of illegal-as-hell chemical and biological weapons. The very stuff a certain neighbour of Israel got recently bombed to fuck for allegedly possessing... :rolleyes:
    Just ask Mordecai Vanunu.
    they are allies though, Iraq was not. You don't bomb your allies.
    Allies have a way of changing as soon as the winds of expendiency start to blow in another direction, dude. You're dodging the broader principles at work here like the best of them.
    No, you don't bomb nations unless there is a legitimate, legal, justified & UN-sanctioned reason for it. None of these conditions were met regarding Iraq.

In any case, Iraq was our ally for decades. We sold them the WMDs. We encouraged them to gas Iranian soldiers. We bought their oil and supported their leader.

It's only when the puppet turned to its master than suddenly Saddam ceased to be a valuable ally and become such a danger to mankind... :rolleyes: