Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ferguson finally loses it

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Everyone hates me!

Not for the first time, I suspect that Sir Aneurism is living on a completely different planet to the rest of us. I think the man has completely flipped now (and not just because he seems to think Fletcher is good).

The red-tops have spent the best part of 30 years with their tongues rammed firmly up ManYoo's posterior. Must be strange to see them be at least slightly objective now.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    The red-tops have spent the best part of 30 years with their tongues rammed firmly up ManYoo's posterior.

They have?

Damn I need some new specs.
    Must be strange to see them be at least slightly objective now.

Objective my arse. They are on a witch hunt. Which, if you read their crap for the last few years, is pretty much par for the course.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The red-tops have spent the best part of 30 years with their tongues rammed firmly up ManYoo's posterior. Must be strange to see them be at least slightly objective now.

The shit-spraffing just doesn't end with you today. I'm beginning to wonder if we're even talking about the same club now.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Sir Aneurism
    :lol:
  • Options
    Objective my arse. They are on a witch hunt. Which, if you read their crap for the last few years, is pretty much par for the course.
    And they have being with just about every other club at some point, its not all cos it's Man U, its cos a good side has turned shit in the last couple of years. Leeds had a witch hunt against them until recently since its slowly starting to change round.
    Part and Parcel of football and Sir Gin snorter should stop his whineing and concentrate on turning his bag of shite team into champions again.
  • Options
    The Meedja, in particular the red-tops just report what people want to hear. A lot of people are not too fond of Man Utd. The fact they are saying a team that has one of the best youngsters in the world, is 2nd in the "Football Clubs Premiership" and still in three competitions are in "crisis" highlights the Meedja's madness rather than Demento's although he should learn to take genuine criticism on the chin and move on.

Sure they're underperforming, but if it's one thing they should know and all Premiership fans should know by now is never write off United. I mean T*******m are still above Arsenal for fucks sake and I think only the most optimistic Spud genuinely thinks that's how it'll be come May.

If they don't beat Wigan tonight then maybe, just maybe, they're in crisis. ;)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Not for the first time, I suspect that Sir Aneurism is living on a completely different planet to the rest of us.
    Yes, Planet Scotch-on-the-Rocks.

I have always had a profound dislike for the man- and no, not because the team he manages, but because he's a shit-stirring, lying, arrogant twat so far up his own arse it's a miracle he hasn't disappeared into himself.

And yes, the media has been completely fascinated with him. Most notably his alleged (but completely bollocks) 'mind powers' that has led him and much of the media to believe that just a chosen few words will fatally destabilise any rival manager or even player.

His comments about Zidane being just someone who can do tricks with the ball but not actually a very good player were a classic example. To me anyone who suggests someone like Zidane is not a very good player is completely deluded and/or clueless. Ferguson obviously thought he's such an influential figure he could unsettle Zidane (who most probably hadn't even heard of Alex Ferguson before in his life, never mind caring about what the pisshead has to say). Of course, the following day Zidane and his team-mates proceeded to give United one of the biggest and most embarrassing footballing lessons in modern history.

The man's a cunt and football (and indeed Manchester United) will be better off when he goes.
  • Options
    Same old, same old 'FERGIE'S LOST IT' :hyper:

BORING
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Yes, Planet Scotch-on-the-Rocks.

I have always had a profound dislike for the man- and no, not because the team he manages, but because he's a shit-stirring, lying, arrogant twat so far up his own arse it's a miracle he hasn't disappeared into himself.

And yes, the media has been completely fascinated with him. Most notably his alleged (but completely bollocks) 'mind powers' that has led him and much of the media to believe that just a chosen few words will fatally destabilise any rival manager or even player.

His comments about Zidane being just someone who can do tricks with the ball but not actually a very good player were a classic example. To me anyone who suggests someone like Zidane is not a very good player is completely deluded and/or clueless. Ferguson obviously thought he's such an influential figure he could unsettle Zidane (who most probably hadn't even heard of Alex Ferguson before in his life, never mind caring about what the pisshead has to say). Of course, the following day Zidane and his team-mates proceeded to give United one of the biggest and most embarrassing footballing lessons in modern history.

The man's a cunt and football (and indeed Manchester United) will be better off when he goes.

Full of shit.

I remember watching Trainspotting, in particular the scene where Sick Boy and Renton discuss his theory on fame/life - you're born, you get good, you lose it. It was pretty simple but applies here:

United have been the best team (and Fergie the best manager) for the last decade. Now they have faded. Before that it was Liverpool, and Leeds and, and Spurs and so on, and so on. Recently, Arsenal (and Wenger) stole their crown, but not for as long a period, and then along came Chelsea, and they should now dominate for the foreseeable future.

The only difference is now that with so much money being pumped into football, two rules apply-

-the turnover of power will be quicker as new investors come into the game (though I'm not sure where the money to dislodge Chelsea is coming from)
    -a few larger clubs will dominate the top spot, and smaller clubs will find it even harder to dislodge them.

It is natural progression. United have had their up, and now they are on their way down. It's a testament to Fergie he has kept them there so long in such a difficult period in football, with many good sides around challenging for honours. It happens everywhere. Most people lash out/react when they are cornered, and Fergie is no different. Dalglish walked away from Liverpool, Wenger decided to stay and develop what was left of his team (and from the look of it, he is doing a good job, they have some exceptional young players on the way. United now have to dig deep and get through this period of change and build a new team asap, or have a complete clearout (including Fergie) and start again from scratch.

Fergie is correct in a way about the media. When you are on top, they are always looking to get you. Mourinho is now experiencing the same, and when Chelsea begin to wane in years to come, he will experience the same. They know what sells papers/puts bums on seats, and will push it to its limits to do so.
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    Fergie is correct in a way about the media. When you are on top, they are always looking to get you. Mourinho is now experiencing the same, and when Chelsea begin to wane in years to come, he will experience the same. They know what sells papers/puts bums on seats, and will push it to its limits to do so.
    I agree with what you have said but surely for a man thats being around the game for so long, he knows this is the case so why moan about it?? Its just going to make it worse for him, there not gonna say "ooooo better back off cos the gin snorter might get us", so he'd have being better keeping his trap shut.
  • Options
    I agree with what you have said but surely for a man thats being around the game for so long, he knows this is the case so why moan about it?? Its just going to make it worse for him, there not gonna say "ooooo better back off cos the gin snorter might get us", so he'd have being better keeping his trap shut.

I agree tbh, he is simply giving them what he wants. My point is that he is probably past the point of no return now, and has become easy prey for the press.

He built United up into the biggest name in football again, and now his time has passed they are lapping it up. My point, I think, is that he should go now before it gets even worse.
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    Full of shit.

I remember watching Trainspotting, in particular the scene where Sick Boy and Renton discuss his theory on fame/life - you're born, you get good, you lose it. It was pretty simple but applies here:

United have been the best team (and Fergie the best manager) for the last decade. Now they have faded. Before that it was Liverpool, and Leeds and, and Spurs and so on, and so on. Recently, Arsenal (and Wenger) stole their crown, but not for as long a period, and then along came Chelsea, and they should now dominate for the foreseeable future.

The only difference is now that with so much money being pumped into football, two rules apply-

-the turnover of power will be quicker as new investors come into the game (though I'm not sure where the money to dislodge Chelsea is coming from)
    -a few larger clubs will dominate the top spot, and smaller clubs will find it even harder to dislodge them.

It is natural progression. United have had their up, and now they are on their way down. It's a testament to Fergie he has kept them there so long in such a difficult period in football, with many good sides around challenging for honours. It happens everywhere. Most people lash out/react when they are cornered, and Fergie is no different. Dalglish walked away from Liverpool, Wenger decided to stay and develop what was left of his team (and from the look of it, he is doing a good job, they have some exceptional young players on the way. United now have to dig deep and get through this period of change and build a new team asap, or have a complete clearout (including Fergie) and start again from scratch.

So you don't believe that as well as all of those factors, Ferguson also happens to be a whingeing, arrogant, idiotic prick?

How many times have you seen Ferguson admitting he's screwed up about anything?

And how many times have you seen him blame but just about anything else when a game went pear shaped, from the players themselves to the length of the grass blades to the colour of the shirts of the opposition team to United only having been given 794 minutes injury time when it in fact should have had 800?

And how many times have you seen him trying to play his stupid mind games and making uncalled-for comments?

Because I'm not aware of the managers of Liverpool, Leeds or Spurs behaving in such fuckwittery manner when their teams were at the top. Not even Wenger and Moanihno actually come close.

Please note that I have not said he was a bad manager. But he's no longer good enough for United- and more to the point he remains the all-time biggest arrogant twat of all football managers.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Please note that I have not said he was a bad manager. But he's no longer good enough for United- and more to the point he remains the all-time biggest arrogant twat of all football managers.

I agree he's no longer good enough. Wenger and Mourinho are just as bad though, as would most in his position.

I am forecasting another name for the future who will be absolutely despised by fans if he moves into management (and rumour has it he is already well on the way) - Alan Shearer - he is the players equivalent of Fergie, Mourinho and Wenger rolled into one (and much more).

He actually consistently breaks the rules and then criticises others who cross him by doing the same. "Elbows' Alan will be a master when he moves into management. Can't wait.
  • Options
    LOL... I was only the other day posting a thread saying what an odious dirty twat Shearer was.

So, if Shearer does sign for Man U in the future let it be clear that I have expressed my feelings about him well before then.

The worst nightmare scenario for me though is Alex Ferguson signing for Real Madrid- his name has certainly been linked with the club, amongst others.
  • Options
    And they have being with just about every other club at some point, its not all cos it's Man U

Absolutely, it's just our turn again. They've done it before. The most memorable one being when we lost to the Geordies (5-1) and then Southampton (6-3). If memory serves me right we won the league that year.

Give it a year or so and it will be Rafa agai - he's getting a good press at the moment.
    Part and Parcel of football and Sir Gin snorter should stop his whineing and concentrate on turning his bag of shite team into champions again.

This is more of his mind games. This is about making the team feel like everyone hates them. He's done it before.
  • Options
    What's the betting tomorrow everyone will be wanking on about Whisky Boy's "superb mind games"?