Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Morning Pick Up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend any kind of morning pic me up:)

Something that will make me bright as a light bulb icon3.gif rather than the lights are on but nobody is @ home.

Comments

• Options
    cup of coffee? :)

go for a run

guarana gets me going when I'm sleepy
  • Options
    A good night's sleep.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    A good night's sleep.

:yes: or a dab of speed??
  • Options
    an apple
  • Options
    do you still have rather strange sleeping patterns? you need a good nights sleep and make sure you have breakfast and a drink in the morning! maybe a shower?
  • Options
    I agree that a good night's sleep is the key.

Failing that, ten cups of coffee usually do the trick for me ;)
  • Options
    cup of coffe and some breakfast but something light maybe a slice of toast not a bacon and egg barm.

lots of water tends to wake me up, i dont know why tho
  • Options
    There's a product called Berrocca - you can get it from almost any supermarket/chemist. You make it into a drink and it gives you 100%RDA of many of the vitamins and minerals you need. It's excellent if you've got a hangover, but can be taken as a pep drink if you feel run down. It is recommended for people who don't have time for breakfast etc to give your body its morning fuel.

A proper balanced diet with a breakfast is probably better though.

Berocca does have an amazing side effect too - has anyone ever tried it????? ;)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    whats the side effect? or am i just being blonde and like usual not gettin the joke?!
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    Berocca does have an amazing side effect too - has anyone ever tried it????? ;)

:eek2:

I know it's a good hangover cure....
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    whats the side effect? or am i just being blonde and like usual not gettin the joke?!

It makes your pee go bright green (and I'm talking radioactive bright green) - it's something to do with the toxins in your body, and your kidney breaking them down into your urine. You have to try it to believe it!!!!
  • Options
    Coffee doesn't hav any effect on me.

My sleep patterns are better now but still quite funny as I work different hours everyday.

I think sugarary things get me going more but they don't last.
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    It makes your pee go bright green

that sounds fantastic, i wana try it! that can be my new party trick...thanks, i think you have just made me so much more popular!! ha ha ha! :lol:
  • Options
    Yeah, it's true.

It makes it go greener all the time. But if you have a break between using it of a couple or days or so, then take one, that first tinkle can glow like something from Sellafield!!!!
  • Options
    you do not know how much i actually wana try this now!! ha ha! ive got to go get some now! ...i can see an addiction coming on ha ha! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    You'll get it frm Boots, or any store with a chemist. It's around 4quid for 15 of them. It does give you a bit of a pick me up, but the side effect alone is probably worth the investment!!!!!!!! :lol:

Let me know how you get on with it!!!!
  • Options
    definately...but yet i feel ever so strange discussing me pee with a complete stranger!! ha ha!! but ill keep a diary and relay it to you! oooh im so excitied!
  • Options
    My friend told me about it, and I felt uneasy discussing my pee with him!!!! Let alone a complete stranger, so don't worry!!!!

Just happy to be relaying the good work of Berocca to others - I swear by it now.

Xmas is coming - prime hangover territory, so I'll be stocking up on my weekly foray to the supermarket.
  • Options
    not if i get there 1st u wont!! im not being subjected to a national shortage when i have only just found out about it! ha ha

LONG LIVE GLOWING PEE!
  • Options
    Guess what - it has got its own website!!!

Berocca website

Long live glowing pee indeed!!!!
  • Options
    oh my god i am shocked! theres not even one mention of glowing pee. :shocking: id say that was its selling point surely! i think maybe an email is in need of being sent to their marketing dept! ha ha
  • Options
    Apparently, it's the Riboflavin (a B vitamin) which adds a yellowy-green tint to your urine. Just asked a friend who teaches biology at the Uni I go to.

It's pretty impressive.
  • Options
    Haha, you guys are really fascinated by the glowing urine, eh? God forbid you ever eat too much beetroot and have a purple shit :p:lol:
  • Options
    Drinking guinness for the first time makes it black!!!!!! And gives it the tensile strength of iron!!
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    Just asked a friend who teaches biology at the Uni I go to.
    manickev wrote:
    Drinking guinness for the first time makes it black!!!!!! And gives it the tensile strength of iron!!

Is this what your degree's in, by any chance? :razz: :chin:
  • Options
    No, I'm a H&S manager doing my professionals!!!!!!

Interesting subject though. :hyper: