Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Aussie Race Riot...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    No I am more aware of the relaity because I have seen it day to day, face to face and not beliveing the watered down, vitcim playing proaganda crap that comes form vistors who swallow everything someone tells them because its a sad story.

Yeah they may have lower health care then most but its no surprising as health care is all private over there, or it used to be. There are poor white people that get crap health care to. Just like in America, although not as bad as in America.

Also, living int he middle of nowhere your not exactly in the position of prime health care.
    I honestly don't know how to respond. I hear these things from people who have seen the difference in health first hand. Visitors yes, stupid no. That you genuinely will not accept such visible social inequality makes this discussion utterly pointless.

And I have a burgundy passport.
  • Options
    woopy do dah day. Sorry, sarcasam there.

what?? what is your problem?? Do you think only aborigines have poor health care???? Seriously. Its a big conspiracy to give the white men the best of everything and screw the natives??? Proof please???

I'm not saying people don't get poor health care, some of them do, white and aboriginal alike.
  • Options
    Going to answer my questions any time soon?

*taps fingers on desk*
  • Options
    uhh I did answer it, check the top of the thread.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    uhh I did answer it, check the top of the thread.
    *checks*

No you haven't.
  • Options
    Anyway, because I like proving my case:

Aboriginal people have a life expectancy up to 21 years less than that of the general Australian population. They have a life expectancy of someone from over 100 years ago. Source
  • Options
    wasn't your question how as an australian you could form a different opinion to mine??

ok, you proved a point on life expentancy. Thought it was 1998-2000 W have had nearly 6 years sinc ethen, though I grant thats not a lot of time.

I don't see what it proves other then they die sooner. I didn't say it was caused by anything other then things which can kill anybody.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I don't see what it proves other then they die sooner. I didn't say it was caused by anything other then things which can kill anybody.
    Is it not significant though?
  • Options
    Do you not think it is significant?

If not, why not?

Actually, if you read the report, it does say what the main causes of death are. And how they differ from that of the white population.

Strill waiting for answers on my other questions. Going to answer them or not?
  • Options
    pu tthem again kermit and I wil answer them.

Possibly but birth and death artes can be fickle. I mean were developed years ago but people still died in the 30's and 40's. Obviously we are more developed now and we are living longer here.

I mean it depends on what it took, if its going on aborginies that still live in the out back and off road settlements then you are gonna die quicker coz its harsh out there, harshness effects your body so it doesn't surprise me. It also didn't site the causes of death as malnutriton or anything liek that but rather smoking related diseases and some alchol as well as the usual things that kill epople like cancer and heart attacks.

Then you gotta consider how the figures pan out, I mean population sizes can effect percentages.

It would also be interesting to compare it death rates of the poor and see how it fares.

but to suggest that all the aborginies ar enow suffering is just not right. Plenty not on poor condition.

I just think some populations play on the past and the things that happend while also being quite hypocritical about certain things.

All I am saying.
  • Options
    Answer the questions. They're about three lines up.

So you're saying the Aborigines aren't poor, they just like a good whinge? Is that what you're saying?

You've not got a clue about the real world, have you Luke?
  • Options
    Stop calling me Luke you div.

Some are poor, some arent', some white people are poor, some are not.

Do I belive they play on past events that have no relvance today? Yes.

I gave my views on the figures and yes I do understand the real world hence why I am not poruing the praise and kiss assing for every bleeding heart cause.
  • Options
    Answer the fucking questions :banghead:

1. Does history have a role to play in current social dynamics?

2. If not, why not?

3. Why do you think the Aborigines have a much shorter life span, and are prone to mental illness and drug abuse? Do you think they are weak or evil, and that White Man is just stronger?

4. Given the history of forced repatriation and adoption, why do think the Aborigines don't trust Government settlements?
  • Options
    Although the figures are very telling, its hardly a fair comparison anyway due the vast population difference between Australians and Native Australians. There are alot less Aboriginees then other Australians so figures are biased. They never factor in population location or size, but if they do and i didnt see that bit then sorry i posted this because you can ignore it.

What was my other point?....erm...oh yeah...The argument that some people use that Aboriginees were there first and all that, well it harps back to Jews in Israel and that whole argument, so lets all try to avoid who was there first after so many centuries of multicultural living!
  • Options
    What are you on about with population size? Have you even read the link?

It's gpot nothing to do with that they were there first, and everything to do with 300 years of the white men shitting on the Aborigines from a huge height.

Walkindude here doesn't think that the forced adoptions of the 1950s and 1960s- where Aborigine children were literally ripped from the arms of their mothers- doesn't have an impact on what happens now. He doesn't think that 300 years of them being seen as inferior has an impact on how they are treated.

But, as we know, Walkindude's arguments are bollocks.
  • Options
    fuck you kermit.

You have to move on. No I don;'t think those events have any relvance to now.

Why do they take drugs? I don't know, I don't care but no one is forcing them to. If they wanna do it then fine but don't bitch about it.
  • Options
    they can't play the victims forever. Its been and gone for god's sake. Get over it.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    fuck you kermit.

That's your best argument yet :hyper:

Answer the questions.

Your arguments are offensive and odious.
  • Options
    I just have!
  • Options
    enough with the insults
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I just have!

Nope.

Four questions, no response to any of them.

Except to say "lalala I don't care, whingeing abbos"...
  • Options
    Well if you not gonna even bother reading them for crying out loud you really are stuck in the sand aren't you??

you do know people have other points of view don't you?? Your not some dictator are you?
  • Options
    Yes, other people have points of view.

I'd just like to see some justification for them.

Such as why the "whingeing" Aborigines are "playing the victim card".

Four questions, you haven't answered any of them in any meaningful way, except to say that a badly discriminated-against section of the community are "whingeing" and "should stop playing the victim card".

"Fuck you Kermit" isn't an answer to my questions, just for future reference.
  • Options
    Wasnt the original post about the rioting my white and muslim Australians in Sydney,

Is it all the fault of the whites, or is blame more evernly attributed
  • Options
    Please quote where I used the word "whingeing" uin this thread please kermit?
  • Options
    You can't have a fight by yourself, so of course there are problems on both sides, with regards to the riots.
  • Options
    I was neutral and happilly listening to every one on here, but now i no longer care about Australian riots at all, i just want to say, since you bit my head off for no reason at all Kermit...Especially since i wasnt even talking to you, i was just making a comment generally to the whole thread about statistics usually been biased with minorities because you have to factor in population geography and size, which usually goes with out saying to anyone with a brain...but now all i have to say is you are a git!

Nothing to do with the thread...or the arguments...i just think your a git now!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Nothing to do with the thread...or the arguments...i just think your a git now!

What an intelligent comment.

If "what are you on about?" is "biting your head off", I must eat whole bodies alive sometimes.

Great to see that walkindude still hasn't managed to back up a single one of his claims. Come on dude, it's been nine hours now.
  • Options
    you truley are sad. I gave my backing which you choose to ignore (surprise, surpise!). I am not repeating myself for you to ignore me and insult me yet again.
  • Options
    So you don't have an answer?

So long as that's cleared up :yes: