Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Aussie Race Riot...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any one see news on thw Australian race riots?

Comments

• Options
    Yep, what about it?
  • Options
    Yep, whipped up by sick individuals such as Alan Jones- story- and blahblahblah.

Usual diet of poverty. Do you know anything about the Western Suburbs? Do you even know where they are? Didn't think so.

What's your point caller?
  • Options
    The history of the problems in Cronulla.

It's a common enough thing in the middle of summer with pissed up gangs on the rampage. The poor from the West want some fun at the beach, and the rich on the waterfront don't like it, so they attack them.
  • Options
    The video footage is truely disturbing, huge mobs shouting racist abuse, a nasty scene.
  • Options
    whats the rich got to do with it? Ithought it was organised retaliation for an attack on 2 lifeguards but some asian guys??
  • Options
    It had nothing to do with the attack on the lifeguard, but its a convenient excuse.

The real issues are, as always, to do with the abject poverty in the Western Suburbs.
  • Options
    Oh, thats just how all the news reports had it as. No idea id rthe guy was attacked though, just that that was the reason given for it.

Makes a change though, white guys rioting instead of the aborigines and so on.
  • Options
    Makes a change though, white guys rioting instead of the aborigines and so on.

>Wince<

Best get a flame proof jacket on.
  • Options
    I know, cries of racims and such. But its true, I lived there I should know and my aunt is an MP over there an told me about the troubles they have. Usually its the aborgines rioting and causing havok. Now its htie guys, not that its the only time they have I thinkt here were some riots back int he day, usually linked to criminality though. Sydeny had a bad organised crime problem with corruption as well.

I'm sorry if it isn't PC but its the truth.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I know, cries of racims and such. But its true, I lived there I should know and my aunt is an MP over there an told me about the troubles they have. Usually its the aborgines rioting and causing havok. Now its htie guys, not that its the only time they have I thinkt here were some riots back int he day, usually linked to criminality though. Sydeny had a bad organised crime problem with corruption as well.

I'm sorry if it isn't PC but its the truth.
    The Aborigines have been shafted by those in power for decades. That's why it was such an achievement when Cathy Freeman won Olympic gold in Sydney and why it was big news around the world. Aborigines are the most needy group in Australia in terms of healthcare too. They have huge problems with alcoholism and are an easy scapegoat for Australians of European descent.
  • Options
    yeah whatvere, thats anothe boring and inaccrtae tune. They haven';t been mistreated for god knwos how many years and they love playing the victim card.

I did a post on another thread, I think it was the singapore hagning the drug trafficker where I explained a fair bit about the aboriginal "plight", I think you should read it.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    They haven';t been mistreated for god knwos how many years and they love playing the victim card.

:lol:

Have you ever been to the Western Suburbs, out past Parramatta? Perhaps you should if you think Sydney doesn't have some horrific poverty problems.

You're talking out of your arse, mate. Who's your aunty, Pauline Hanson?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    yeah whatvere, thats anothe boring and inaccrtae tune. They haven';t been mistreated for god knwos how many years and they love playing the victim card.

Definately, since the arrival of white settlers the natives have had a great time, and certainly havent got higher rates of poverty, crime, addiction, poor housing....etc.
  • Options
    pfff. Yup, every none white person is a victim.

Apperently the asians hit back yesterday, more riots but this time by asian men etc.

Could be quite a conflict.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Yup, every none white person is a victim.

Ypou really are a fucking retard. No wonder you can't get a girlfriend.

Have you been to Sydney? Have you been out West? Do you know your arse from your elbow? We should be told.
  • Options
    oh get off your soap box for once.

going down to the level of insults. Tsk tsk. Leats I can keep it civil. Yess been to Sydney, seen the West, know my body thanks.

You been out there?? You seen the same conditions that EVERYONE out there live sin?? White, aborigine, asian, whatever??
  • Options
    The Aborigines probably live in the worst conditions, to try and claim otherwise is completely and totally ludicrous. Something which you are familiar with, admittedly.

Poverty is a huge problem out west, and yes, it does affect all colours. But to claim that the Abroigines and the Middle Easterners don't clobber it the worst is utterly fucking retarded.
  • Options
    No it fucking isnt't you racist retard!!!!!!

Every fucker out there live sin the shit. Thats what the outback is like. It ain't easy. they all cope.

Oh and I guess you forgot the millions spent on the programme that built brand new houses and facilities for the aboriginies specifically and then the aboriginies burned them or trashed them, or simply didn't use them.
  • Options
    Dont be nasty just because your aunt is Pauline Hanson.

Go and read some history books.

Why do you think the Aborigines have a much shorter life span, and are prone to mental illness and drug abuse? Do you think they are weak or evil, and that White Man is just stronger?

Given the history of forced repatriation and adoption, why do think the Aborigines don't trust Government settlements?
  • Options
    She isn't Pauline hanson

well it was you that insulted me first saying my opion is fucking retarded.

ohh so time means nothing does it? Things don't move on and change?? Make you mind up as well, oone minute its poor aborigines that get nothing from the government and then its, well they don't trust them do they? And thats an excuse anyway??

I know the history and I know bad shit happened, I don't deny that but time moves on and as for alcohol and drug abuse, unless you can show me where they tied them down and forced it down their throats until they were addicted then its something called personal responsibility.

I would also imagine that anyone who chooses to live then outback has a shorter lifespan, white or aborigine.
  • Options
    At least we now know your opinions are based on ignorance. Phew.
  • Options
    Actually, they don't. The average Aborigine lifespan is a bout between 1/2 and 2/3 that of White Australians.

Your opinion IS fucking retarded.

History has everything to do with social dynamics. To deny otherwise is fucking retarded.
  • Options
    Enough of the insults - just stick to the topic
  • Options
    What, screw you it isn't based on ignorace. Read what I right for Gods sake. Have you lived in Australia? Were you born there? Did you learn its history in school? Did you read the books? Do you know people who were invloved, have you ever seen it for real???

No I thought not Kentish.

No it isn't and I 'd like to know where you got your lifespan figures from, but then again if you spend you time drinking constantly you are bound to die early. Just ask George Best.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    What, screw you it isn't based on ignorace. Read what I right for Gods sake. Have you lived in Australia? Were you born there? Did you learn its history in school? Did you read the books? Do you know people who were invloved, have you ever seen it for real???

No I thought not Kentish.

No it isn't and I 'd like to know where you got your lifespan figures from, but then again if you spend you time drinking constantly you are bound to die early. Just ask George Best.
    Don't start. I've been to Australia but I'm not Australian. Friends of mine went there to work in public hospitals treating (mainly) Aborigines over the summer. There is an undeniable difference in their health and general wellbeing. Not my lifespan figures, but I can believe them.

Strange that as an Australian you are in denial of the reality.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    What, screw you it isn't based on ignorace.

Yes it is.
    Read what I right for Gods sake.

Did. Ignorant and retarded, so it was.
    Have you lived in Australia?

Yep.
    Were you born there?

Yep.
    Did you learn its history in school?

Yep.
    Did you read the books?

Yep.
    Do you know people who were invloved

Yep.
    have you ever seen it for real???

Yep.

Now that I've answered your questions, why don't you try answering mine?

1. Does history have a role to play in current social dynamics?

2. If not, why not?

3. Why do you think the Aborigines have a much shorter life span, and are prone to mental illness and drug abuse? Do you think they are weak or evil, and that White Man is just stronger?

4. Given the history of forced repatriation and adoption, why do think the Aborigines don't trust Government settlements?

I shall wait with baited breath for your intelliegent and considered responses.
  • Options
    No I am more aware of the relaity because I have seen it day to day, face to face and not beliveing the watered down, vitcim playing proaganda crap that comes form vistors who swallow everything someone tells them because its a sad story.

Yeah they may have lower health care then most but its no surprising as health care is all private over there, or it used to be. There are poor white people that get crap health care to. Just like in America, although not as bad as in America.

Also, living int he middle of nowhere your not exactly in the position of prime health care.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    not beliveing the watered down, vitcim playing proaganda crap that comes form vistors

Uh-uh.

Wht about the comments from those of us with blue passports?
  • Options
    Guilt complex formed by many white men over past wrongs and so over compenstae by saying all the white men are wrong and every none white person is a saint.