Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Present ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK people, here's a way you can help me out :razz: I have presents to buy but I don't know what to buy them, so I'll give you their relation to me and their age. I need you to give your thoughts on what presents to buy them. Links to websites etc would be muchos appreciatas.

Here goes

Mum - 50
Dad - 57
Brother - 27
Sister-in-law - 35
Stepmum - 31
Nephew - 0

Help :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you have no ideas what to buy for anyone?! it's hard to say really as we don't know what sort of people they are. personally, for my mum i'm getting her a cd and book she wants, a hot water bottle, bath stuff, flowers and chocs and something more original which i havent thought of yet.. but will do soon!!

for your nephew i'd just go into mothercare or the early learning shop or something like that and get some sort of toy or clothes suitable for his age.
    alcohol drugs tobacco perfume socks ...in no particular order.
    even a tie if you want to be realy boring.
    Ages and relation to you doesn't really help, as we can still only give you generic ideas which won't really mean very much. You'd get far more satisfaction from giving if you put some serious thought into it...believe me, I know it's hard!

The best thing to do to start off is to think if people are the kind who appreciate things they need, or the kind who appreciate frivolous little trinkets that they wouldn't dream of buying for themselves.

Sorry I can't be more help, I struggled enough with buying for my own fam. this year...but maybe a wander around the shops will inspire you!? :)
    alcohol drugs tobacco perfume socks ...in no particular order.
    even a tie if you want to be realy boring.
    Then there'll be nothing left for the christmas party :p
    I work in a shop. I consider any type of shop related activity work nowadays. I went into a shop the other day and started picking things up that had fallen on the floor :| (Even if it was because I know what a nusiance it is for the people who work there to do)
    briggi wrote:
    maybe a wander around the shops will inspire you!? :)

:yes: that's what i did. but try and go when it's quiet (which is probably going to be hard now...)
    Jazza wrote:
    Then there'll be nothing left for the christmas party :p
    not in areouse!
    presents are opened after eating and drinking ...and guess what!
    a beautiful and fashinable sunglasses to ur mum???
    Any of them like gadgets? www.iwantoneofthose.com
    And if you are buying any games, dvds etc then try www.play.com its much cheaper than most places.
    ask them! :p
    Yeah play.com is great for DVD's CD's computer games etc etc.

Cheap clothes (ben sherman, fred perry, CK, kickers, adidas etc etc)i buy from mandmsports.com
    Look on Boots.com they have gifts for all ages and ranging form household stuff, to entertaiment and gadgets (you can get cd's and dvd's) and toys for young children. They have top ten lists and gift selectors to help you, hopefully they will ive you some ideas and then you can hit the shops or look online for simular things.
    Oh yeah, that'll be a good surprise :razz:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey guys,

We've got a brand spanking new article with some great ethical gift ideas up on TheSite today.

Happy browsing :D
    Too late for me as I've already bought all the presents I need to, and they are probably all unethical :/
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hey guys,

We've got a brand spanking new article with some great ethical gift ideas up on TheSite today.

Happy browsing :D
    And remember my thread from a couple of weeks ago. Similar idea. ;)
    Shame since I can't buy on the net.

Well, I'd never buy ethical presents anyway - not my style. Maybe next year, but not at the moment.
    Gift cards.
    drink?
    I still have to find my mum an extra special present.
    I hate to alarm you but there are only 10 shopping days left from tomorrow (14th).
    for all the girlies, stuff from lush http://www.lush.co.uk/ never fails! plus it smells yum too :thumb:
    Tomorrow's going to be my big xmas shopping day, need to get everyones presents.