Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

DWP are a joke

1235»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tool wrote:
    Couldn't agree more. If someone was being an 'arsehole' because they had a genuine reason to get angry about, as you did with your situation (now I understand it), decent staff would have no problem with that and should apologise on behalf of other staff.

I wasn't rude or impolite, which I suppose is why morons like peachy irritate me so much.
    However, sometimes people act like arseholes and become violent just because you won't give them something they just want, even if it is not due to them.

In my experience, they're more likely to be arseholes when that's the case.

The amount of clients who get arsey with us when they don't get off with something is a source of constant joy. And we're actually working for them, too :banghead:

The joke is on us, peachy? What joke?

You're the one looking like a loser, alongside waster.
    Well, I think I need to have a chat with peachy, as she's left me a little confused.

Earlier in the thread, she said she's a Customer Service Manager. Now she says she's a Lone Parent Adviser. You aren't normally both, unless it's a very small office.
    I suspect either bullshit or backtracking.

Don't really care which. It's rather pathetic.
    Tool wrote:
    Well, I was always taught that you don't start a sentence with "And", but maybe it's different now.
    Yes you can start a sentence with the word "And" (I did A level English), you can sometimes deviate from certain rules, for example the "I-before-E-except-after-C" rule. It also depends on your style of writing, but I was simply making a point of her insulting the people's language skills on these boards when she doesn't appear to be the pinnacle of inteligence herself.
    It looks like ive stirred up a bit of a hornets nest. Well I thought I would update you. I still haven't heard from them regarding the money they cut from me and when they did cut my money they didn't have the decency to tell me. My helpful new deal advsior had to hunt down what had happened to money as she didn't have a clue either. Im going to phone them up soon and find out whats been going on as I appealed the decsion and whats really funny is that no one in my jobcentre has even seen a reconsideration form and it took ages for them to find one. I suppose is says a lot about how many people appeal at all.

Also on a different new deal course now where im actually doing something.
    Such a shame that people in the JCP don't appear to have the intelligence to punctuate their writing properly. :p

No English language skills? And you attempt to condescend people here by claiming that we have poor language skills. Exactly what do you do then? I assume you mean by working with single parents that you are trying to get the 'scroungers' out to work? So how many points per parent do you get?

That is running by my assumption that JCP is an acronym for 'Job Centre Plus'.
    Firstly I am a lone parent myself, so take offence at being called a scrounger!! Yes I help Lone parents back into work. Job entry targets are being abolished , they are to be called job outcomes and no longer come down to the individual adviser anymore so we don't do it for 'points', Most Lone parents advisers will tell you they love their job because of the job satisfaction we get helping a lone parent back into work. I apologise for my punctuation but I am doing this all in a rush as I have four darling children to look after too and quite often become distracted, but at least I don't swear. I also notice a 13/14 year old was on this thread earlier, lets hope they didn't read half the messages!!
    Some of your messages are very interesting but some of you should honestly try sitting behind the desk sometime and you will see how hard and frustrating it is for some staff to try and do their job properly, and stop being so condescending and up yourselves.Just because we are working for jobcentre plus doesn't mean we agree with the system. You shoul always treat others as you would like to be treated. Respect is a 2-way thing . Going into your local jobcentre plus office shouting the odds at some frontline staff, who quite often are on temp contracts, and half their team are on the sick with stress due to the publics abusive attitude, isn't really going to get you anywhere. Talking to them nicely might just get you a bit further. Thats all I'M TRYING TO SAY! If you find that doesn't work and You're not happy with a member of staff's attitude than fill a complaint form in and stop complaining on this thread. I can assure you that higher management will not being paying attention to this board so all your complaints are a complete waste of time. However complete a 2Tell us what you think" from from your local office will. :thumb:
    Tool wrote:
    Well, I think I need to have a chat with peachy, as she's left me a little confused.

Earlier in the thread, she said she's a Customer Service Manager. Now she says she's a Lone Parent Adviser. You aren't normally both, unless it's a very small office.
    if you read the post correctly you will see I said I was winding you all up, I am actually a lone parent adviser!
    Someone reads a complaint card?

First time ever, that.
    Yes you can start a sentence with the word "And" (I did A level English), you can sometimes deviate from certain rules, for example the "I-before-E-except-after-C" rule. It also depends on your style of writing, but I was simply making a point of her insulting the people's language skills on these boards when she doesn't appear to be the pinnacle of inteligence herself.
    I was actually complaining about the foul language. I thought intellectual people could express themselves in other ways thats all. I also do not post messages when I am pissed! Apart from the fact I am bringing up four children on my own and working full time, I am also on medication for the rest of my life which prevents me from drinking, although I would love to get pissed occasionaly. To all the other judgemental morons out there who would like to slag me off all I can say is don't judge someone unless you know them.I can't believe the way some of you slag each other off, I bet in the real world most of you wouldn't say boo to a goose! :wave:
    Kermit wrote:
    Someone reads a complaint card?

First time ever, that.
    The correct procedure is, and forgive me if I have the hours wrong, but your cmplaint should be passed to a manager within your local office and you should receive a personal written reply within 48 hours. This reply should acknowledge your complaint and should include an apolgy if required. If you don't receive this service then you should write to your district office, in another words your local office's head office. You can guarantee then that someone will get their backsides kicked for not responding. Believe it or not Jobcentre Plus also has customer service targets to meet.
    Wow, an apology.

No compensation, so a complaint form is a waste of time and money. I have better things to do than wait for a computer-generated sorry, as if it makes everything better.

Not to sound ungrateful, but "sorry" doesn't pay the bills.
    Kermit wrote:
    Wow, an apology.

No compensation, so a complaint form is a waste of time and money. I have better things to do than wait for a computer-generated sorry, as if it makes everything better.

Not to sound ungrateful, but "sorry" doesn't pay the bills.
    You are to quick to jump the gun. You obviously didn't read my post properly. I said a personal hand written reply. How could a computer generate a reply? This is Jobcentre Plus! Our computers are out of the ark. My desk is next to the customer service manager on my floor. I have seen her run around like a headless chicken trying to reply to complaints within 48 hours, and that includes finding out who isn't doing their job correctly. And yes things are done about it, staff are warned and disciplined if necessary, even dismissed. If, because of a complaint, things need to be changed in the way we do things in our office and regulations allow us then we do impose changes. I suggest you stop being so negative, you might be pleasantly surprised!
    Just to back peachy up a bit on that one, the easiest way to get the department to jump into action is write to your MP. Sounds drastic, and no, you shouldn't have to do that, but believe me management shit their pants when they get an MP's letter.
    Tool wrote:
    Just to back peachy up a bit on that one, the easiest way to get the department to jump into action is write to your MP. Sounds drastic, and no, you shouldn't have to do that, but believe me management shit their pants when they get an MP's letter.
    We often advise our nice customers to write to their local MP and even provide them with the address! You're quite right, Tax Credits is a prime example. If it wasn't for all those MP letters does anyone honestly believe any overpayments would have been written, now that is a fiasco! Management look quite funny actually when an MP's letter comes in, but its the only way to get any policies changed thats for sure because they dont take a blind bit of notice of the staff if only the public would realise this. We are just as frustrated at times with the system as they are.