Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

drug crime

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    read my posts, instead of just checking my profile.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    read my posts, instead of just checking my profile.
    np point any longer luke.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    og for gos sake bong I am not even dignifying that. Look at the pists, thats all thes epople seem to be saying. Just check spliffie's last post.

Yes, he said that they can be enlightening or spiritual, hardly surprising news is it, humans have been using intoxicants as part of worship since we've been on Earth.

No one here is saying that drugs are good for everyone, or that we want more people using. What we are suggesting is that the law as it stands makes the issue worse, rather than better. We believe that adults should be able to make adult choices and that whether we get intoxicated is not the business of the government.

Recreational drugs would be safer legal - FACT. If you disagree please show your working.
  • Options
    so making them legal to veryoine and given out to users is not promoting drugs?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

No, its not.

And its not going to make more people use them, either. Well over 80% of the population don't smoke, but they're legally allowed to.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

Do you smoke tobacco?

And no one is saying we are going to 'give it' to users, it will be bought and sold under tight conditions.
  • Options
    Why cant you "right on" lefties just accept that drug users are EVIL, almost as bad as homosexuals,, Oh its not pollitically correct,,to say these things BUT THEIR TRUE

Well your saying it should be compulsary to inject herion whilst engaging in sodomy, ridiculus where do you get off,
    Ill trust my information from the Sun the Sunday Sport and the regular dreams I have about Nuns, I dont need to be confused with your so called
    "facts"
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    well I'm geting annoyed by blgasta and morrocaon rool and such , who accuse me of lying about going to university.

Quote me. Or retract that accusation.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    On no its true, back in the olden days before LSD was deliberately used, it was sometimes formed accidently and it drove people made and the effetc of llsd are lasting today.

What on earth are you on about? Where the hell do you get your info? I think you're probably conflating 2 or 3 issues - ergot on rye (St Anthonys Fire) and DMT being endogenous in the brain. Nothing really to do with LSD though.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I know, going form memeory here. Itts to do with crops I think, forming something on the whaeat or summat, or depositis somewhere. My memory is terrible.

I just remember that there was at least one case in germany or austrai, where a bunch of nuns went mad and they thought they were possed, but investgations years later showed they may have been accidently taking a form of LSD or at leats a component of it.

Yes, you're on about ergot on rye. LSD can be made from ergot, but its not the same thing at all.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Hye I said my memeory was poor and I was working off it.

Look, you pull up government and charitty websites on here that say all these marvellous things about drugs and you might be believed.

What "government and charitty websites" that are saying "marvellous things about drugs"? Quote some.

See, you go on about me twisting your words when actually, its you making bullshit like the above up. No one has said anything remotely similar to what you wrote. I'm beggining to think you are on a wind up. Either that or just incredibly incredibly dense.
  • Options
    Is this creature called Luke?

JimV will know. Is he?
  • Options
    Walkindude has dug such a hole for himself that he's now lapping it up on the sunny beaches of Australia.

He's an idiot, luke or not.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    og for gos sake bong I am not even dignifying that. Look at the pists, thats all thes epople seem to be saying. Just check spliffie's last post.

if thats not luke then i'm father fucking christmas!
  • Options
    well i have to admit, that was quite an entertaining if not sometimes frustrating thread to read :D haha
  • Options
    Arguing about drug crime with drug users isnt going to get anyone very far!
  • Options
    muse- wrote:

Why?

Arguing drug crime with someone who continuily refuses to learn the facts and educate themselves on the issue isn't going to get you very far.

Walkindude has constantly shown throughout this thread that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Poisonous magic mushrooms, insane nuns, one shot addiction :crazyeyes
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    #

Argue with me then, I don't use illegal drugs.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Why?

Arguing drug crime with someone who continuily refuses to learn the facts and educate themselves on the issue isn't going to get you very far.

Walkindude has constantly shown throughout this thread that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Poisonous magic mushrooms, insane nuns, one shot addiction :crazyeyes
    lol, totally!
  • Options
    well yeah i have nothing against drug users, but its unlikely people that take them recreationally are going to be agree with him at all...

I have read this thread and tbh the impression that drugs are 'good for you' has sort of been put across (if inadvertently), theyre toxins and bad for ure body obv (same with alc)... Having said this the generalisations people have been making have been very bad too.

(my opinion)
  • Options
    well yeah i have nothing against drug users, but its unlikely people that take them recreationally are going to be agree with him at all...

thats the whole point, someone who knows nothing about the effects of drugs can hardly say they are qualified to argue with someone who does
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

Of course drugs are marvellous. You doubt the reasons i gave in my last post, but how the fuck would you know either way if you've never taken any?
  • Options
    I don't think it has.

People will take drugs, most people don't get addicted. He has spouted an awful lot of ill-informed claptrap, and has not listened to corrections.

I don't take illegal drugs, and I am in favour of dispensing them on prescription to addicts, and even selling some softer drugs in specially licensed premises.
  • Options
    i smoke cannabis whilst talking to you lot.
    i haven't commited a crime in nearly twenty years ...apart of course from smoking cannabis ...oh and growing a bit in the recent past.
    won't be growing anymore for quite a lng while now if ever.

so ...should it be an arrestable offence for sitting at home smoking some foriegn daffodils?

if so ...what should be the penalty and why?
    this is directed mostly at luke.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    I have read this thread and tbh the impression that drugs are 'good for you' has sort of been put across (if inadvertently), theyre toxins and bad for ure body obv (same with alc)...

it's not a case of whether they're good or bad for you, it's entirely dependent on who you are, what you use and how you use it.
  • Options
    The ones that have fucked themselves up are unlikely to be in a position to be on their comp debating about it, but OK i get ure point.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    The ones that have fucked themselves up are unlikely to be in a position to be on their comp debating about it, but OK i get ure point.

There's plenty of addicts on the net, ex-addicts on here too. I know people who have fucked themselves up - including someone i knew well who recently died from an overdose - and their opinions are/were no different. Criminalisation only causes addicts further problems.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    muse- wrote:

On the contrary, I think we take more of an intrest in the politics of drugs than anybody else.

We know why people take them, and we've experience that you simply cannot match.

Heroin on prescription wouldn't benifit me any more than it would you. I'm arguing for it simply because it's a far better alternative to the system we have now - the same reasons you shoudl be arguing for it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    fair enough ...

It's a private costs / social costs thing ... in theory legalising it would have a higher social cost than a private cost as more would take it, i think thats why its not legalised...

but if u dont look at the economics of it and look at reality more ppl may not take it, I don't really know enough about it to argue for or against, just that its not alllways good effects as you have said.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    muse- wrote:
    in theory legalising it would have a higher social cost than a private cost as more would take it,

To prescribe heroin would cost the tax payer fuck all compared to the social cost of heroin related crime.

Look at alcohol prohintion in the states and where all the money went. Al Capone?
    Weekender Offender