Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Arrested Development!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who watches the AWESOME television show Arrested Development?
It is all about a rich family that loses everything and the one son who has to hold it all together and i LOVE it! Funniest american tv show out today!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I watched some of it but it was on at a really awkward time if I remember right, and also I believe it is soon to be cancelled in the US if it hasn't been already

arrested development
    The few times I've watched it I thought it was absoutly hilarous. I just never knew when it was on so never caught it :(
    subject13 wrote:
    Who watches the AWESOME television show Arrested Development?
    It is all about a rich family that loses everything and the one son who has to hold it all together and i LOVE it! Funniest american tv show out today!

nothing beats family guy...
    muse- wrote:

I was an avid family guy fan. Season 4 sucked. Season 5... I cry.
    muse- wrote:

Only just started to get into family guy - to begin with I would stare at it slightly disturbed and appalled but now I'm starting to enjoy it, and unlike the Simpsons I am actually getting to see ones that I have never seen before. Although, I have to say that Futurama was very underrated.
    I love futurama as well. the ones of family guy I have seen are great to.
    Arrested Development has won like 10 Emmy awards so far and is in the middle of its third season on FOX...

Also made by FOX is the OC, That 70's Show, Family Guy, American Dad, The Quohog edition (title may vary).

It really is a network to love, FOX!
    subject13 wrote:
    Arrested Development has won like 10 Emmy awards so far and is in the middle of its third season on FOX...

Also made by FOX is the OC, That 70's Show, Family Guy, American Dad, The Quohog edition (title may vary).

It really is a network to love, FOX!

Oh brining such filth as the OC in the same sentence as the rest makes me cry.

I like the guy with the hook.
    I love love love AD! I just love so many things about the individual characters, and Ron Howard's narration works pretty well. I can't believe they wanted to cancel it so early on.
    Who is wanting to cancel it? i havnt heard anything about it been cancelled? they are in their 3rd season now, they won emmy's, they are bigger then the office in the states!
    It was cancelled between the second and third season, good dvd sales got it a quick reprieve. The ratings just weren't that great.
    subject13 wrote:
    Who is wanting to cancel it? i havnt heard anything about it been cancelled? they are in their 3rd season now, they won emmy's, they are bigger then the office in the states!

Nearly every show is bigger than the office here.
    my_name wrote:
    I was an avid family guy fan. Season 4 sucked. Season 5... I cry.

season 4 has its moments :P that episode wher peter goes blind was well funny (gary the no trash cougar :lol: )

Havent seen any of 5 yet :(:(. you have put me off ! =o
    The ready, willing and disabled family guy episode had me in tears.
    muse- wrote:
    season 4 has its moments :P that episode wher peter goes blind was well funny (gary the no trash cougar :lol: )

Havent seen any of 5 yet :(:(. you have put me off ! =o

There is one where Peter finds out he's retarded and I will admit that one is a hoot. (I think thats 5)
    lol I saw that one aswell my m8 mustve downloaded it... couldnt stop laughing at that one either :D
    hangon, how many series of family guy have there been, I know it was cancelled at some stage
    It was cancelled then brought back because of demand or something ... they do a pisstake scene about it on the first ep of series four :P ..

Itll be out in the UK pretty soon i think :hyper:
    I checked...your right, Arrested Development though not cancelled has been cut to 13 episodes from 22 and looks like it will be re-scheduled to a none-entity filler spot!

Personally i think Comedy Central shoul buy the rights from FOX and make a huge success of it, Like universal did with Firefly to make Serenity!

Idiots run FOX, cancelling shows like Family Guy and Futurama and Arrested Development to make more room for Simpsons repeats! Bastards!
    yeah !!

nd the newer simpsons episodes have gotten really unfunny =\