Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

phone charger stuck in phone...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my phone was charging up on the floor and i accidentally stood on the charger. i'm not too sure how to explain this but basically, the bit on the charger you have to press to release it from the phone has broken off and now the charger is stuck in the phone. any ideas what i should do?? ive tried pulling the charger out but it wont move and im not sure whether to try and yank it out in case i break the phone. but im not sure what other options i have...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    U know the bit that u push in to release the charger is there no way u could use something else 2push it in n release it?
    i wudn't yank it out!
    :hyper:
    no.. ive tried but nothing seems to work. do you think if i took it to a phone shop they might be able to help?!
    Well you could mess bout wi it n break it r take it to a shop let them mess bout wi it break it n its not ur fault! :thumb:
    but it's already broken now...
    Just take the whole phone apart. They aren't complicated.
    What phone is it for?
    Get a boy to help. It'll just need a bit of fiddling with.
    motorola e something... the black eyed peas one. the charger goes in the bottom.
    i dont think i can take the phone apart really. i mean, i can take the back off where the batery, sim and memory card are but that wouldnt help me with the charger.
    i thought the charger was broke not the phone
    Suga80 wrote:

:confused:
    Suga80 wrote:

yeah.. as i said, the charger is stuck in the phone, a bit of the charger is broken off.
    Looking at a motorola charger, 2 small metal hooks are what will be holding it in place, so wrenching it out wouldn't damage the phone too badly, but would stop you from being able to click chargers in place in future. i'll dismantle my charger and see how it works.
    Right, you should be able to see 2 small pieces of metal either side of a square piece of plastic. You need to press those in with something like a screwdriver, while pulling the phone and charger apart slightly.
    thanks :) i can get half of it out- the right hand hook, but not the other side.
    you'll probably have to try to do both at once then, sounds like its bending when you get the first one out. if you can get a large flathead screwdriver, that should do the trick. Or even 2 butterknives or something?
    thanks! but what exactly do i do with the screw driver or the knives? put them into where the charger is and try and ease it out?
    And doofay saves the day. Woo
    my_name wrote:
    And doofay saves the day. Woo
    The butterknives worked then? :lol:
    Kentish wrote:
    The butterknives worked then? :lol:

no because i don't know what to do with them!! put one on top and one below and wiggle?! i'll give it a go anyway...
    Get a boy to help. You clearly need one.
    There are two long strips running along the left and the right of where the button used to be.

At the top, the two pieces of metal stick right out, either side of a piece of plastic.

Push them both in at the same time with a large, flathead screwdriver or any suitably fiddly object.
    I love this board. I'm a silly sausage I know, but seeing pople rally around to help someone get the carger out of their phone gives me the warm and fluffies.

On Topic: i have no advise on how to fix it but I will say if it gets too frustrating DONT throw the phone against the wall; DO drink a glass of milk, eat a ginger biscuit and do 20 star jumps. :) good luck
    oh i see!! thankyou - i'll give it a go. and if that fails then yes, i will get a boy to help!
    katralla wrote:
    I love this board. I'm a silly sausage I know, but seeing pople rally around to help someone get the carger out of their phone gives me the warm and fluffies.

On Topic: i have no advise on how to fix it but I will say if it gets too frustrating DONT throw the phone against the wall; DO drink a glass of milk, eat a ginger biscuit and do 20 star jumps. :) good luck

Yes this board is all :heart: .

In realtion to the second point ditto. Throwing your phone against a wll is a very bad idea, which make my laugh as my dad has done it on more then once.
    katralla wrote:

I know what you mean. it'll be cool went it comes out.

I'd just try and wiggle it :)
    IT'S OUT! cheers guys :thumb: now i just need to work out how to afford a new charger..
    Woo Hoo!! What did you do in the end? :yippe:
    Put the charger back in, Let's do it again!
    How about... no. I just got a knife and wiggled it at the same time as pressing some bits in. Nothing seemed to crack so I don't think I broke the phone. But I'm not going to put the charger back in to see, i'll wait until I buy a new one!
    aww doofay, superhero! :D:p