Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Really Scary Films

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Shining - probably the best ever. Soo well done. REDRUM

Blair Witch Project - people saw it in the cinema and told me it was pish and not to watch it. Watched it on TV few years later and absolutely shit myself. I think you have to be able to put yourself in that situation. It's fucking horrible. I'm never camping in the woods again.

Exorcist - didn't scare me whilst I watched it, but thinking about it afterwards really creeped me out. Very psychological.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - original obviously. This one probably scarred me for life. Leatherface has to be one of the most frightening figures in horror movie history. So clumsy and awkward, but relentless in his pursuit to massacre those poor teens. Just remembering the scene when he comes out of that doorway and bludgeons the guy on the head. Fucking hell.

ETA: haven't seen The Descent yet but have heard very good things so will investigate.
  • Options
    I think it's really interesting how people are scared by different things. For instnace, both the Final Destination films really had an effect on me (scared is the wrong word...), and I think it's because the whole thought of death and when it is going to happen really worries me. However, films like The Hole didn't scare me, because that sort of situation doesn't worry me... I really liked the film though.
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    they some film cnat remember the name but it 4 young ppl playing with a oujy board and they all start dying from this spirt they released it scared the shit out of me and my frnds and we wer watching it during the day. I am 16 an the ring 2 scared me so ye mite find it crap but it worth a watch i think it called a long time dead or some thing lik tat :nervous: :eek:

Sorry?
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    they some film cnat remember the name but it 4 young ppl playing with a oujy board and they all start dying from this spirt they released it scared the shit out of me and my frnds and we wer watching it during the day. I am 16 an the ring 2 scared me so ye mite find it crap but it worth a watch i think it called a long time dead or some thing lik tat :nervous: :eek:

long time dead?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I really like scary films, unless there's much gore in. For example, "The ring", "Dark Water" etc are ones I really enjoyed. But I'm never going anywhere near "Saw" or "Ghost ship" (which I tried to watch once and was scarred for days).
  • Options
    I think its hard to find a genuineley shit your pants, hide behind the sofa scary film nowadays....your more likeley to find something that just makes you uncomfortable......Audition by Takeshi Miike, now that is one mindfuck of a film, but not scary in the slightest, just leaves your skin crawling. Then again, The Ring and all of its ilk tend to be the same (did Samara actually make you jump? i doubt it)...its those damn Japanese i tell you.
    I agree with every film mentioned (aside from Long Time Dead which had one great scene in it where the girl is killed in the bathroom cubicle...wonderful shot) but still i dont think theres that many genuinely scary films out there......think about it when your listing them, did they make you wanna cry to your mummy?...
  • Options
    So i watched the ring this week. It went right over my head totally! ithink I must av missed the jist of what was going on!
  • Options
    Suga80 wrote:
    So i watched the ring this week. It went right over my head totally! ithink I must av missed the jist of what was going on!

The modern remake of the Ring is wanko. The original Japanese one is really scary.
  • Options
    could someone just explain it 2me please!! i think I got it i just want to clear a few things before i watch the 2nd part:

1.why did her mother kill her?
    2.because we now know what happened to the young girl why is climbing out of the tv?

LOL im such a dunce some times. i asked my boyfriend he just laughed (which means he doesn't quite get it either!)
  • Options
    Suga80 wrote:
    1.why did her mother kill her?
    2.because we now know what happened to the young girl why is climbing out of the tv?

Because she was a retard I think.

The curse still wasn't broken.
  • Options
    AHHHH thats why there is a new tape.......!!gotcha! Right im watchin the 2nd one tonite! :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Suga80 wrote:
    AHHHH thats why there is a new tape.......!!gotcha! Right im watchin the 2nd one tonite! :thumb:
    I was confused about something with the Ring remake too, it didn't explain it as well as the original did. Here it is:
    The only way to escape the curse is to show the tape to someone else before the 7 days pass.

BTW, "Ring 2" is pretty good, but it has nothing at all to do with the original "Ringu" trilogy. Do find the japanese ones ASAP! :D
  • Options
    I've never seen a movie thats scared me. I've seen movies with "jumpy" parts. But nothing frightening. Nothing that wasn't lame at the end when it was supposed to be "scary"
  • Options
    Right ring 2 was total crap.......i think i'm gonna watch the original!! It was that pants i fell asleep not so far in2 it!
  • Options
    The Japanese one's are far better.

The only film that remotely scared me was The Poltergeist when I was younger.
  • Options
    Switchblade Romance
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
    Audition
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I've never seen a movie thats scared me. I've seen movies with "jumpy" parts. But nothing frightening. Nothing that wasn't lame at the end when it was supposed to be "scary"

I take that back. I watched a Faces of Death thing when I was probably 9. Scared the shit out of me.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    But I'm never going anywhere near "Saw" or "Ghost ship" (which I tried to watch once and was scarred for days).

Haha, Ghost Ship was a terrible film. My flatmate last year had it on DVD :crazyeyes:. But I can understand the motivation behind turning it off early, the first five minutes were by far the scariest part of the film (and pretty gory too). The rest of it wasn't even mildly thrilling :p

Audition was very freaky, but I was too busy being confused by what was real and what was being imagined to be "scared", as such.
  • Options
    Anyone go see Wolf Creek? It was reviewed as shit your pants scary, gory, scariest fil in a long time etc etc.
    What a let down. It was good like, but not scary.

I like horrors but dont find any particularly frighten me. I thought The Shining was quite scary though. The one thats made me jump the most is The Grudge.

And, has anyone seen the documentary/film about Ed Gein?? Now that makes ya think coz it was real.
    He's the guy that inspired the makers of Psycho, Texas Chainsaw and Silence of the Lambs. (Basically he lost the plot when his mum died, he killed a few women and dug up peoples graves so that he could make himself 'outfits' from the bodies. He had jars of ears, tubs of noses, wigs, faces, he wore breasts etc etc)
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I was confused about something with the Ring remake too, it didn't explain it as well as the original did. Here it is:
    The only way to escape the curse is to show the tape to someone else before the 7 days pass.

BTW, "Ring 2" is pretty good, but it has nothing at all to do with the original "Ringu" trilogy. Do find the japanese ones ASAP! :D

Yeah agree because well i was scared but i didnt get it really and the only thing i was worried about was about dat girl lol
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Has anyone else seen "House of 1,000 Corpses"? If not, Think of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, on bad acid. I'm scarred for life.
    I fell asleep in that and woke up near the end with Dr Satan's lair... :sour:

Switchblade Romance is pretty scary... I guess.

I hated Saw and Saw 2, I thought they were disgusting.

I don't trust much that comes out from Hollywood anymore... Anything involving ghosts (apart from 13 Ghosts which was funny), "Satanism" or psychopaths that's American I won't bother.

One horror film I love is the Wickerman, it's funny as hell.
  • Options
    Saw and Saw 2 were scary in a weird sort of way...like what would you do if you were trapped in a death mask playing a mad mans warped little game for survival...cos i'm sure warped little men like that do exist! :yes: