Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Seeing someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You may or may have not read a previous post of mine talking about my ex's best mate that I like, and he likes me. Well my ex has stopped talking to us both completely because we met up without telling him. Anyway, we really like each other and we want to start seeing each other. He did want to go straight into a relationship but I'm not sure. I'm just wondering how long to wait until we want to start being boyfriend and girlfriend. I do like him but I'm just not sure what to do. I thought seeing each other would be a reasonable explanation for now but how do you know when to take the next step and be boyfriend and girlfriend?

Thanks

x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When you both feel ready for it it'll just come naturally... There's no need to rush anything.
    my ex actually did come to terms with it, he knows whats going on with us. i only went out with my ex for like a month which was like a year ago, i thought he was over it. i never see him anyway. but when he found out about me and his best mate meeting up (we even invited him but he denies it) he got in a big mood and isn't talking to us again. we have tried all we can but we like each other and want to carry on meeting up. we know he will get used to it eventually.
    __tink wrote:
    my ex actually did come to terms with it, he knows whats going on with us. i only went out with my ex for like a month which was like a year ago, i thought he was over it. i never see him anyway. but when he found out about me and his best mate meeting up (we even invited him but he denies it) he got in a big mood and isn't talking to us again. we have tried all we can but we like each other and want to carry on meeting up. we know he will get used to it eventually.

Forget him. It's his problem.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Forget him. It's his problem.
    :yes:
    Ex means ex, and he has to deal with that, and you have to remember that.

My boyfriend and I just...happened. We met up a lot, and suddenly people were coming up to us and saying, "Wow, you two are going out now, you're both so lucky." And we were like, "We're going out now? Okay!"

As has been said, it will work out and there's no point in rushing anything.
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Ex means ex, and he has to deal with that, and you have to remember that.

My boyfriend and I just...happened. We met up a lot, and suddenly people were coming up to us and saying, "Wow, you two are going out now, you're both so lucky." And we were like, "We're going out now? Okay!"

As has been said, it will work out and there's no point in rushing anything.

:yes: