Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One Night Stands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are one night stands a good way to try out new things in the bedroom without the fear of having to constantly run into the person in the future? I figure there are things you might try at least once if you knew that should things not quite go according to plan it wouldn't matter too much because you're not going to see that person again... like new positions or maybe anal for the first time, etc.

I know sex in a loving relationship is supossed to be so much better but sometimes you just want to have sex for what it is.

Also are there any real clues that a girl gives a guy (such as in a nightclub) that tells him she's up for a good (but safe) time?

Comments

• Options
    Are one night stands a good way to try out new things in the bedroom without the fear of having to constantly run into the person in the future? I figure there are things you might try at least once if you knew that should things not quite go according to plan it wouldn't matter too much because you're not going to see that person again... like new positions or maybe anal for the first time, etc.

I know sex in a loving relationship is supossed to be so much better but sometimes you just want to have sex for what it is.

Also are there any real clues that a girl gives a guy (such as in a nightclub) that tells him she's up for a good (but safe) time?
    I would say that a good solid relationship is a better opportunity for trying new things. There's no way I'd "try" anal for the first time on a one-night stand.
  • Options
    I would say no, say your trying anal for the first time and you don’t like it / it hurts / whatever how do u no the other person will stop? I would say that trying new things would be better with someone you trust even if its not in a relationship
  • Options
    I agree with what both of you are saying which is why I specifically acknowledged Loving Relationships in my original question,.. so we could acknowledge this is the case and just concentrate on the One night Stand bit

... There are for instance things in one night stands you can experience that you can't in a long term relationship and part of my question relates to trying different things to see what you like and don't like which also may include things like when it comes to sex do you like women who are slim or curvy, small, medium or large breasted, have long hair or short hair, ones that are adventourous or a little shy .. some of these things you can't really change in a long term relationship.

To me it's a bit like going into an icecream shop for the very first time in your life and having 30 differents flavours and someone asking you - well which one do you like? You can get into a long term relationship with the vanilla, but how do you know you don't like the cookies and cream even more until you've tried it?

I am very inexperienced in the sex dept. and openingly admit that.. so what I want to do is find out what it is I do like and how to go about getting that experience, so when I'm ready and looking for a long term relationship I at least have an idea of the kind of girl I want (at least in terms of the sex related aspects)

I hope that makes some kind of sense, I'm sure the one night stand thing is perhaps for many people a phase they go through and move on to other (deep and more meaningful) things but it's a phase I've yet to go through and would therefore appreiate some help.
  • Options
    To say its without consideration for them is a little harsh.

I mean, in the kind of situation that brings about a one night stand (a pub/club/basically any alchohol related situation if we're honest) your both obviously after one thing....anything that follows the sex, such as a possible relationship of some description etc, doesnt change the fact that you both hooked up for sex.
    Now if both parties are being "inconsiderate", doesnt that cancel it out? Id think so.
  • Options
    no way def wudnt try anal in a one nite stand situation.

its kinda hard how to "get one" i suppose just get chatting to a guy and make it obvious what you want, altho sometimes that just scares them.

THink its easier to sleep with someone you know than a stranger but at the same time if you know them there is already feelings involved!
  • Options
    One night stands = sex without consideration for the other person

You don't know them, or have any desire to get to know them, but to say a one-night stand shows no consideration is a load of crap.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I certainly made sure she had a good time.

To answer the OP- no, one night stands are not the place to try daring new things. ONS are the place to use tried and tested techniques to make sure your partner enjoys themselves- the thrill of a one-night stand is the new body, not the new position.
  • Options
    *deleted*
  • Options
    One night stands = sex without consideration for the other person

Casual relaionsip sex/fuck buddy = intimate sex where you can try out new things and laugh about it too, be comfortble with each other.

That's how I feel and why I don't like ONS

I have to agree with you, I've had a few one night stands before and they always leave me feeling rejected. I have tried a few things out though during ONS.
  • Options
    My idea on one night stands.

Its sex. Simple as.

Everybody gets sexual frustration and if you don't have a beneficial friend or a relationship, then why not. Maybe theres this dead sexy guy whose pants you want to get into, why not.

I wouldn't use a one night stand to try new things though. Just use what you know. No sense in trying something then failing and making a fool of yourself as they could be chatty.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You don't know them, or have any desire to get to know them, but to say a one-night stand shows no consideration is a load of crap.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I certainly made sure she had a good time.

To answer the OP- no, one night stands are not the place to try daring new things. ONS are the place to use tried and tested techniques to make sure your partner enjoys themselves- the thrill of a one-night stand is the new body, not the new position.

:yes:

Give them a good time and it's reciprocated.

One night stands are good - it's the element of mystery.
  • Options
    One-night stands aren't for everybody, if you're happy to be used for your sexy body- which is what it's about- then they can be an awful lot of fun.

I was a revenge fuck, and I knew I was, but she was good looking so I didn't care. It was great fun.

relationship sex always means more, and is more intimate, which is the key to really good sex. But one-night stands have a great thrill, its like unwrapping your pressies at Christmas...
  • Options
    I'd be a virgin if it weren't for one night stands. So I love them.