Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

1 week to go!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
its only 1 week to go until xmas holidays!!!! cant wait! so jealous cao a mate of mine at a different uni has finished already for 4 weeks!!! i only get 3! but still so glad its nearly the holidays!! really need a break!! :yippe: :yippe:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I can't wait! I get ages, finish on Friday and then teaching doesn't start again until January 30th. I have to be back a week earlier to train for my new job though :D
  • Options
    I have today - and then tomorrow...
    I have a written exam on Monday afternoon
    I have a practical exam in the Dissecting Room on Tuesday morning (it's quite cool, you walk round all the bodies and prosections and they've got little arrows sticking out and stuff...)
    Then Tuesday evening is the end-of-term party (get drunk)
    Wednesday is our house party for someone's birthday (get drunk)
    Thursday is the Christmas Ball (get drunk)
    Friday is the inter-elective party (not strictly for first years, but will go and get drunk anyway)
    Saturday I go home...

Then I meet up with a few friends in my four weeks off, do some tube research, go to Florence, walk up a mountain or two with some friends...

Then I come back on a Wednesday, and on the following Friday morning I go on tour...
    Note that our Boat Club tour involves no rowing, just lots of drinking!
  • Options
    Monday, me and the team are finishing off your uni's law jouranal, tuesday 3 hours of family law, it got cancelled the other week due to the SU AGM. Wednesday to Friday off. Weekend round the boyfriends. Then home on tuesday, as we are going to a party in central London on Sunday night, so Monday I'll will be sleeping a lot.
  • Options
    i'm looking forward to it, but then i'm not 'cause i know i'm working at tesco and also have essays/revision to do. :(
  • Options
    I have practically finished all my exams now.

The only thing to do now is relax. :)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    im all done yay! handed in my last essay on thurs, and now off for 5 weeks!! and loving just chillin with no stress!! remind me of this next may when im stressing saying i should have done more work for my final year! lol
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for me here :D

However, although I have a 3 week break I have a placement starting January 9th and 4 assignments due in February, so it won't be that much of a break :(
  • Options
    TheOne wrote:
    its only 1 week to go until xmas holidays!!!! cant wait! so jealous cao a mate of mine at a different uni has finished already for 4 weeks!!! i only get 3! but still so glad its nearly the holidays!! really need a break!! :yippe: :yippe:
    Thank Christ for that. I can't take any more crap at the moment.

Christmas :thumb:
  • Options
    I break up next Friday. I have about 2 and a half weeks off and have 3 exams to revise for...
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Christmas :thumb:

Yes, Christmas all the way. So relieved + happy.
  • Options
    A week to go for me too :) And thankfully not too much work to do over the holidays... Will be nice to have some proper meals for a change!
  • Options
    well im working for 2 weeks as well as having assignments to do but it will just be so nice to be away from my shitty house and a break from uni!!
  • Options
    I feel sorry for medical students on firm - third years here only get two weeks off for Christmas and three weeks for Summer - oh shit, that'll be me in two years...
  • Options
    Officially finish on Friday but lots of seminars are cancelled this week. I've already started my assignments (In for January) so maybe I'll use the time to get them done so I won't need to worry about them over the holidays.

I have to come back up January 10th for a week to hand stuff in and do exams, but then teaching doesn't start til January 30th :D
  • Options
    same here, but i'm guna have so much revision to do, it's just depressing! :(