Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

back to childhood

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
clicky
I've had hours of fun singing along to all the theme tunes on here! I'm the only one of all my friends who can remember shoe people but raggy dolls and charlie chalk were the most fondly remembered. My personal fave was she-ra. I sooooo wanted to be Adora when i grew up lol

Comments

• Options
    vikki1825 wrote:
    clicky
    I've had hours of fun singing along to all the theme tunes on here! I'm the only one of all my friends who can remember shoe people but raggy dolls and charlie chalk were the most fondly remembered. My personal fave was she-ra. I sooooo wanted to be Adora when i grew up lol

awww, I used to love superted :yippe: :blush: but then again, I must have only been ickle, seeing as I was born in '85

actually, there's loads there I like :thumb:

used to watch james bond jr too, but that was in the 90's so I guess it doesn't quite count :p but for the record I think I had the top 4 toys here hehe.

hmm, good times :)
  • Options
    i loved raggy dolls! what were they all called, i can only remember back-to-front!
  • Options
    never mind, i found them!
  • Options
    all of my flatmates were on that website the other day too!!! kept them entertained for hours :)

i didnt join in cuz i was working, but the one themesong that kept repeatedly being played was thundercats!!! oh yeah, and chip and dale :) i love those programmes!!

my absolute faves when i was younger though were the carebears :) oh yeah, and my little pony!
  • Options
    I miss kids TV from back then, it was spectactular.

Now its shite like Dick and Dom. What is the world coming to, eh?
  • Options
    How crap are some of those theme songs! Nostalgia is great but the only programme I would like to see is Thundercats, and even that would probably be rubbish now.
  • Options
    I miss kids TV from back then, it was spectactular.

Now its shite like Dick and Dom. What is the world coming to, eh?

dick & dom are fking funny ! :eek2:
  • Options
    I disagree! I would quite happily sit and watch the entirety of both Henry's Cat and SuperTed!
  • Options
    Yeah, Superted at a push. And maybe Jimbo. And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But apart from that, no, none.

Well, possibly Poddington Peas and the Chipmunks. And He-man...
  • Options
    OMG Poddington Peas! down at the bottom of the gaaaarden, among the birds and the beeeeeeees, live a lot of little peeeeeeople, they're called the Poddington Peas! The Poddington Peas!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was what me and my sis used to watch while we ate our tea - I remember watching it whilst eating macaroni cheese and baked beans sat at a tiny little table on tiny kiddy outside chairs in our old house. Aww memories!

Remember Bananaman? Apparently I drew a picture and sent it in to ITV (or CBBC, whatever!) and it got shown, but I don't remember it. Everyone at school was talking about it to me the the next day and I was like 'wtf?'

Alvin and the Chipmunks was quality.
    I'm confused about the planet things though - was it Captain Planet where there were 6 people and they all had rings with a special power and when the Earth was in danger they would use their rings to call Captain Planet or something?

:heart: 80's TV. Even though I only got about 4 years of it, the rest off second hand videos my mum got us from charity shops.

Anyone remember Mr Ben? That was the best...

ETA: Family Fcking Ness! That was the best, I've changed my mind. I want a thistle whistle! Aw I always felt so sorry when they got grumpyness, or angryness, whatever his name was. Och neh Angus, theyve stulen ourrrrr thistle WHistles!
  • Options
    Eric is Bananaman!

Transformers was the greatest though. And Carebears in its day. :p
  • Options
    'Carebears' is what we say in our flat. It's the answer to everything, eg:
    A - are you coming out tonight?
    H- nope I've got an essay to do
    A- Carebears!

or

H- shit I spilt some tea
    A - carebears!

Yeah baby.

(did you actually watch carebears then? hehe. My mum didn't endorse that because she couldn't afford to buy us the teddies like our friends had!)
  • Options
    OMG you can buy loads of these on amazon!
    buy me them for Christmas, biatches!
  • Options
    'Carebears' is what we say in our flat. It's the answer to everything, eg:
    A - are you coming out tonight?
    H- nope I've got an essay to do
    A- Carebears!

or

H- shit I spilt some tea
    A - carebears!

Yeah baby.
    Weirdo. :p
    (did you actually watch carebears then? hehe. My mum didn't endorse that because she couldn't afford to buy us the teddies like our friends had!)
    I had a bear. *spoilt*

I bought my brother a Dogtanian DVD last year and it is fab to reminisce. :thumb:
    Have you written to Santa yet?
  • Options
    Erm. No. Santa is so cool that he already knows what to get me. :yes:
    Have you written to Santa yet? I can't believe you had a bear! *is a bit jealous but not too much cos it's early and I'm sleepy*