Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Revision

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi I'm doing my GCSE's and I've got my mocks coming up. I want to do as well as I can, so that when I do my final exams I know what I can do when I put my mind to it. I just need some help revising. I'm pretty crap at it, to be honest, so any tips?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Do nothing until the last minute and then cram.

Got me 2 A*s and 7 A's..
  • Options

Got me 2 A*s and 7 A's..

Hear Hear, that hows I plan to pass my accountantacy exam on wednesday.
  • Options
    mocks start on monday :(
    im lost on revision too....i don't like to cram though, it never works for me
  • Options
    Seriously, try here http://www.s-cool.co.uk/article_display.asp?article_id=22&position=1

The article is good and the rest of the site has notes and tips on the core subjects. I used it for my GSCE's As and A levels.
  • Options
    what revision techniques work for someone else might not work for you...

personally i read through all of my notes, highlight them, then make notes of the most important points. then i'll leave it for maybe a day and then go back and see how much i know about each main point.

i always try and start a while before the exam but in reality i usually end up frantically reading through everything the night before and hoping i'll remember it.

we were told that GCSEs are the time to try out various revision techniques to find what suits you so you're set for the future.
  • Options
    I have my mocks starting tomurow, and am scared witless due to i have to be in a school situation.

Ive been revising a little bit by just reading over things and not going heavy on it as I only get more het up then.

Good luck to everyone with their mocks!
  • Options
    I would suggest that starting early and giving yourself plenty of time is far less stressful and more likely to lead to good results.
  • Options
    well i think the stress helps, u get more done when under pressure and if ure revising months before it all gets lost and mixed up, u get no time to relax for much longer also ...