Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bad cramps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok for 2/3 days now i have had bad cramps & then had to rush to the loo every morning several times. But its only the mornings when i get up, i don't get it. I had to have yesterday off in my new job as it fucking hurt & then i was weak.
Anyone know what it could be and how i can possibly control it? I really need to go to work tommorow! :(

Comments

• Options
    Where at the cramps?
  • Options
    Right in the pit of my tummy.
  • Options
    I should've put 2 and 2 together when you said you needed the toilet in the mornings. I'm not sure what it could be all I can really say is see your GP.
  • Options
    It's probably the stress and worry of starting a new job. Do you suffer with the irritable bowel syndrome IBS?

My advice is to eat a balanced diet, take an over the counter pill such as Colofac or Colpermin and you can use Imodium in the short term if it helps (although this is not recommended if you suspect you have a tummy bug).
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    It's probably the stress and worry of starting a new job. Do you suffer with the irritable bowel syndrome IBS?

My advice is to eat a balanced diet, take an over the counter pill such as Colofac or Colpermin and you can use Imodium in the short term if it helps (although this is not recommended if you suspect you have a tummy bug).

I have not been to the doc about it yet but i have had bouts of it before & sounds very much like IBS so maybe it is?
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    was taking 4 tablets a day and became too dependant on them for the diarrohea (sp?), so now i generally lump it!
    or runny it as the case may be :lol:sorry that was a bad joke

everyone round here has had a bug that lasts for 3 - 4 of days that involves bad stomach cramps (i mean really really bad - like the worst period peins x 10), the shits and nausia (or in my case cos i have to be an individual - uncontrolable vomiting) it could just be some kind of bug
  • Options
    Well i have found if i take rennie before i get outta bed it helps control it a bit.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I have not been to the doc about it yet but i have had bouts of it before & sounds very much like IBS so maybe it is?

it does sound very IBS-y. my insides are almost always worse in the mornings.

your best bet, if it carries on, is to nip and see your GP, so they can rule out anything more serious, and then advise you on the best way to deal.

IBS is a pain in the arse (haha) if it's not controlled well.